ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue: Skilled Park, Robina
Telecast:
senexx

Re: PAYTEN

Post by senexx » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 10:08 pm

tigergirlz wrote:Ball must be played correctly this year
I stand corrected. More flip flops in the rules than a political party.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

SCOB

Post by SCOB » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 9:30 am

The fact is what Tod did was very poor form, he would have felt like you know what.

But even if he didn't do those stupid avoidable blunders we still didn't deserve to win. Great start sh*t finish boys, can't wait to see who is in and who is out for the match up against the donkeys.
SCOB by name
SCOB by nature

you know who

Post by you know who » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 3:20 pm

We where robbed to put in bluntly, even though we played like crap, but that was definately a try that went begging when Simon Dwyer picked up the ball and was called back, bullsh!t!!!!

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 3:46 pm

Almost unforgivable from Payton but I blame Sheens.

One prop on the bench and two absolute light weights.

Toddy also missed the tackle on Prince for the try that ties it up. Bad,bad and bad.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 3:52 pm

Defiant wrote:Almost unforgivable from Payton but I blame Sheens.

Toddy also missed the tackle on Prince for the try that ties it up. Bad,bad and bad.
So did Ayshford, are you going to get up him as well?
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 4:02 pm

why is it that when the team loses a game, some-one or two players become the scarificial scape goat for that game.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 4:09 pm

You see what he did every single weekend, in almost every game at least once or twice....only difference was the same player twice in a row, s*** happens.
This is due to quick ptb's being essential in winning the ruck, then winning games. Ball security is compromised to get fast ptb's.
Big deal.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 7:07 pm

Ink

You're are right in a way but Toddy has a history of sloppy play the balls. I recall similar problems last year some of which were pulled and others that were not.

Posted using RoarFEED

Jazza

Post by Jazza » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 7:28 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Defiant wrote:Almost unforgivable from Payton but I blame Sheens.

So did Ayshford, are you going to get up him as well?
I thought it was Ellis?
Anyway thats in the past now, we should be looking forward to the Broncos now this week.
Gee its grouse at hardware house!

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 8:12 pm

innsaneink wrote:You see what he did every single weekend, in almost every game at least once or twice....only difference was the same player twice in a row, s*** happens.
This is due to quick ptb's being essential in winning the ruck, then winning games. Ball security is compromised to get fast ptb's.
Big deal.
That lost us the game. Benji stuffed up as well but seriously Todd's play the balls lost us the game. To me that is a big deal.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 8:58 pm

tiger05 wrote:
innsaneink wrote:You see what he did every single weekend, in almost every game at least once or twice....only difference was the same player twice in a row, s*** happens.
Big deal.
That lost us the game. Benji stuffed up as well but seriously Todd's play the balls lost us the game. To me that is a big deal.
Wronng - again.
So Moltzen letting a ball bounce that leads to a try doesnt? But Todds dropped balls does....because its closer to fulltime I suppose when the results determined??? :crazy
Okaaaay. :roll:

It all contributes to the loss...all the balls let bounce, mistackles, dropped balls, refs missing forward passes, reefs getting sucked in, refs blowing whistles too early, injuries, coaches fucking up bench selections etc etc etc..no single one factor does....get a clue for christs sake!!!!!

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 9:07 pm

Todds play the balls were real bad. I admit there were other factors but at the critical time he stuffed up twice.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 9:17 pm

Moltzen stuffed up at a critical time
Whoever fell for princes dummy when he scored stuffed up at a critical time
Benji spilling it clean without a hand on him etc etc
Its critical time from go to whoa

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 10:24 pm

I have never really rated Payten and acknowledging Ink's thread of "positivity", I will be looking very closely at what Payten does this Friday. Whenever I do look at him, he has no go forward and I don't think he makes any metres regardless of the stats and whenever he does seem to make a mistake he makes em twice or more in a row, which is what ticks me off.

So as I said, I will be having a very close look at him on Friday coz people on the forum here rate him pretty highly.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Tue 19 Apr, 2011 1:27 am

tigergirlz wrote:Ball must be played correctly this year
What a difference season makes - anyone else bitter enough to remember Darius Boyd's classic non-play-the-ball, when St George were up by the field goal and we could have used a penalty or a turn over, in the semi last year?
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 19 Apr, 2011 7:53 am

innsaneink wrote:Moltzen stuffed up at a critical time
Whoever fell for princes dummy when he scored stuffed up at a critical time
Benji spilling it clean without a hand on him etc etc
Its critical time from go to whoa
This is the smartest single sentence on this thread.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 19 Apr, 2011 10:39 am

I agree it is important from the opening whistle.

That said, there are parts in the game that are more critical, and the cost of a mistake varies as well.

Moltzen's howler was costly as it cost us a try and shifted momentum, and Payten's 2 mistakes, which were so poor were horribly costly.

Players are human and make them, but Toddy, what a time to make 2 simple errors.....he wasn't my favourite player at full time!

He has been a very good player for a long time, but unfortunately I fear he is running on old legs, father time catches up with everyone, I hope he finds some form and goes out a good player on his own terms, but I cant see him hanging on to 2012 at this rate!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 19 Apr, 2011 11:10 am

Goose wrote:I agree it is important from the opening whistle.

That said, there are parts in the game that are more critical, and the cost of a mistake varies as well.

Moltzen's howler was costly as it cost us a try and shifted momentum, and Payten's 2 mistakes, which were so poor were horribly costly.

Players are human and make them, but Toddy, what a time to make 2 simple errors.....he wasn't my favourite player at full time!

He has been a very good player for a long time, but unfortunately I fear he is running on old legs, father time catches up with everyone, I hope he finds some form and goes out a good player on his own terms, but I cant see him hanging on to 2012 at this rate!
This is true, but to insinuate a clubman like Todd (like that other clown has,) would throw a game is insulting and unfounded. Good to see he has faith in his club... :roll:
Madge's Maulers.