fickle supporters

ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue: Skilled Park, Robina
Telecast:
TheDen

Re: fickle supporters

Post by TheDen » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 10:41 pm

It was from the start and should have known from your name- Spud by name Spud by nature. Bring on the Broncos!

spudoakes

Post by spudoakes » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 10:46 pm

honestly den whats thats suppose to mean u want to get personal wake up princess i hack on people for a living down a coal mine and never get personal spud is a nick name my great great grand father got and was passed on down the line

spudoakes

Post by spudoakes » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 11:01 pm

sozz thought u were in bed considering this thread was dead princess geeezzz im a poet and didnt no it let it go den and save it for another team

senexx

Post by senexx » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 11:36 pm

I don't think we played that badly tonight. We were playing to a different game plan. We will adjust. None of the 50/50s(100%ers in my mind) went our way in the last 15 minutes. The referee refused to award us a penalty.

As for fickle supporters, no most fans on this forum are not bandwagon jumpers so I can't call them fickle. You can call their negativity when we lose extremely excessive.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

Trojan

Post by Trojan » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:29 am

There's a difference between whinging cause we lost (and let's face it, most Wests and Balmain fans are used to losing by now), and being disappointed because we didn't look interested all night. I think tonight it was a clear case of the latter. The Titans are a very ordinary team and only Prince's kicking and our attitude kept them in that game.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:33 am

Now I have devo playing im hy head

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:38 am

innsaneink wrote:Now I have devo playing im hy head
Could be Michael Bolton or Celine Deon

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:41 am

no it devo

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 11:47 am

If you read this forum enough you realise that the week to week comments are as predicatable as a Mills and Boons novel.
WIN - threads selling praises and discussing the grand final. Sheens and god are one. One player (often Benji) the best player on earth. blah blah
LOSE - hopeless, surrendering memberships, woeful v been a supporter for 2,000 years, never give up, positives
3 DAYS LATER - team choice comments, predictions, excitement
and then it all starts again.
I threw the towel in after last year's Rabbitohs game, and it lasted two weeks. Now I just roll with the punches (which isn't to say I didn't give the team a blast last night as they were woefully disorganised and flat).
The only bummer is I can never decide how to do my footy tipping where the Tigers games are concerned, and it may cost me money.

TigerDave81

Post by TigerDave81 » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 11:56 am

Well posted tigergirlz!! Dead set if I got slagged off for everytime I turned in an ordinary day at work, like some so called "supporters" do of the tigers, I'd be looking for the nearest bridge to jump off. Yes they played ordinary last night, but cut them some slack. We lost by 6 playing our worse footy. In years gone by it would have been a 30 point loss. The season is young, we've had disruptions with injuries. I have no doubt we will be contenders come finals time. Let's just keep the criticism constructive rather than slandering the players and coach!!

Posted using RoarFEED

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:10 pm

spudoakes wrote:yeah we might have played bad yeah we might have lost but i remember both balmain, wests, and wests tigers playing worse. consider the injuries i dont care do what i am grab a bottle of the hard stuff off the top shelf and watch the replay the rest of yous dries ur princessess thats what footies about

By the standard of english in your post I think you may have already been using the hard stuff. I hope so, otherwise there is no excuse for the crap you wrote.

TigerDave81

Post by TigerDave81 » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:15 pm

Lol. To funny magpiecol!!! Read like he may have grabbed a bottle from under the kitchen sink by accident!!

Posted using RoarFEED

senexx

Post by senexx » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 10:10 pm

I have a concern with the personal attacks on spudoakes. By the standard of support by the supporters on this forum you'd think each and everyone of us was Des Hasler.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

spudoakes

Post by spudoakes » Sun 17 Apr, 2011 9:31 am

dont worry about it sennex the way i look at it is when there hacking on me there leaving some other poor sole alone or even better leaving sheens alone
U never no with a bit of luck i could be the new Ron

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 17 Apr, 2011 11:34 am

I think anyone who signs up to a forum to discuss the team they support could be called a lot of things, but fickle is not one of them.

We are all big supporters of the club, wanting the club to perform well on the paddock every week is something we all want. Losing is hard to swallow, it always has been.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Golden

Post by Golden » Sun 17 Apr, 2011 4:41 pm

The reward for tipping my team??? it costs me a perfect round and 3 bonus points... the loss hurts even more now... thank god I didn't watch it I might as well shoot myself if I did

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 17 Apr, 2011 4:48 pm

tigergirlz wrote:If you read this forum enough you realise that the week to week comments are as predicatable as a Mills and Boons novel.
WIN - threads selling praises and discussing the grand final. Sheens and god are one. One player (often Benji) the best player on earth. blah blah
LOSE - hopeless, surrendering memberships, woeful v been a supporter for 2,000 years, never give up, positives
3 DAYS LATER - team choice comments, predictions, excitement
and then it all starts again.
I threw the towel in after last year's Rabbitohs game, and it lasted two weeks. Now I just roll with the punches (which isn't to say I didn't give the team a blast last night as they were woefully disorganised and flat).
The only bummer is I can never decide how to do my footy tipping where the Tigers games are concerned, and it may cost me money.
post of the week - but i must add we are emotional creatures, less so logical. its okay to vent after a loss and celebrate after a win and speculate 3 days later with team selections - like i said post of the week - cant say the same for the thread
Last edited by AmericanHistoryX on Sun 17 Apr, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 17 Apr, 2011 4:49 pm

Good thing about these threads is sometimes the fairweather fans do actually present