we lost tonight because ...

ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue: Skilled Park, Robina
Telecast:
southerntiger

we lost tonight because ...

Post by southerntiger » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:22 am

Of Sheens. People know im a fan of Tims but the tactics were completely wrong tonight. I dont really blame the players. Tim did them a disservice with his selections.

Oh well. There is always next week.

Posted using RoarFEED

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:25 am

Tim Moltzen and bad call with Dwyer turnover

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:27 am

I certainly disagreed with his bench. Woods should have been there, maybe even starting.

Deep down i knew Moltz wasnt ready to take on fullback, but i was hoping he'd nail it. He's not a confident footballer at the moment in any position. Needs time, maybe even time in State Cup, im not sure.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:30 am

Sirro re Moltz is exactly how i felt. Its what he could potentially add in attack that i was keen to see him get a go at fullback. But the guy is far too timid under the high ball.

Posted using RoarFEED

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:33 am

Moltz has proven to me enough times now that he isnt a fullbacks bootlace.

Why have Meaney in the 17?
Why no Woods?
Why Flanno when we needed another front rower?

I agree Sheens owns this loss.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:34 am

Pathetic use of everything. People were playing everywhere in the backs. Second rowers were playing front rowers, backs were playing in the forwards and what not. Only he knows what he was doing, coz I have no BLOODY idea.!
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:38 am

The funniest thing about Moltzen playing fullback was that we had two fullbacks in the #17. Just laughable, but typical Sheens. He is arrogant and stubborn and never learns.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:39 am

Great thread!

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:44 am

Tim is funny one. One week his tactics are right on, the next they are so far off its despairing.

Supporting this side is a rollercoaster ride.

Posted using RoarFEED

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:51 am

Some really strange decisions around tonights game.

Why was the Marshall/Moltzen combination in the halves changed after the team scored 30 points last week?
Why was Moltzen playing fullback when Brown and Meaney have shown themselves to be stronger in this position?
Why were Ryan and McKinnon named in the team on Tuesday, when as many people pointed out on the forum (after the team announcement) they were no chance of playing?
Where is Woods? (If injured - no problem) But if not it is hard to justify why he wasn't playing tonight.

ThaMVP

Post by ThaMVP » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 1:14 am

This post is breaking 3 major practices for me:
1. I hardly post, read everything though
2. NEVER get on the forum after a lost
3. NEVER bag Sheens because I truly believe he's the cause of the clubs (overall) successful and positive culture which I think produces much more good than bad in the long run in terms of on-field results. I've always loved Sheens as our coach.

All that said.... Thanks a lot Sheens, tonight proved that my dad's been right all along: "We win INSPITE of Sheens, NOT because of him"

Honestly, a goldfish with a learning disability would have made better decisions than Sheens did. Moltzen is not a fullback, he proves he does not want to be a fullback each time he refuses to put his body on the line, or even make a play at a loose ball. I rate Moltzen, I think he deserves a spot in the team, I'd go as far as to say that I still prefer him to Lui longterm.

But really.... If Sheens wanted to play Miller at half, Moltzen to the centers, Brown to fullback. Presviously mentioned goldfish could have seen this!
smeghead wrote:
Golden wrote:
Ur
*your
You're

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 2:27 am

I too was also confused when I saw the bench.
Almost as bad as Johnny Lang's approach with his 4wds last week.
Could've been chosen a lot better and I am calling for Todd Payten's retirement immediately.
SORRY PLAYAZ.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 2:40 am

im on tilt here but that was one of the most inept performances ive seen from us. what was that? was our bench seriously fifita, shirnack, flanagan and meaney????

look, i know we have injuries but that was tragic......im honestly lost for words. ok bench and injuries aside we had multiple oppurtunities to ice that game (despite our lacklusture, conservative approach) and still some how conspired to lose.

why did we grind? we are the wests tigers, if we lead 14-0 after ten we bury sides. like i said even with injuries we still had marsh and farah and they can put anyone through holes right?

i wasn't expecting the world tonight, but game situation then subsequent play from us was woefull. goodnight
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 2:42 am

happy tiger wrote:Tim Moltzen and bad call with Dwyer turnover

moltz at 1. anyone saying he's best at fullback now? hmm???
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 6:58 am

Lot of reasons why we lost..
1)Virtually tried to close down the game after 11 minutes-this tactic was never going to work
2)Playing Moltzen at f/b against one of the best bombers in the game-nup.He's closer to State Cup than State of origin.
3)Interchange selection & use-plain dumb
4)Titans tactic of rushing Benji was surprisingly effective in nullifying him
5)Both teams offside all nite,hence poor spectacle,but impacted us most
6)Refs square up after early penalty blitz to Tigers,plus overzealous penalties for stripping
5)Some really,really poor plays at the end from some of our best & most experienced players
Other than that,nothing really

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 7:26 am

It is hard to argue with any of the above posts. They say it all.

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 7:33 am

Could it be because Prince showed WHAT and HOW to do it whereas some of our stars didn't? :(

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 7:56 am

I think that all the criticisms pointed out here are spot on.

Yes we have injuries, did we give ourselves the best opportunity to win that game? I dont think anyone could honestly answer yes to that question.

A very dissapointing night not because we lost but because of the way the side was structured, the strategies adopted, and some individual performances.