•  Recent Topics
ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue: Skilled Park, Robina
Telecast:
Demps

Re: we lost tonighr because ...

Post by Demps » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 7:59 am

Tiger_heart wrote:Could it be because Prince showed WHAT and HOW to do it whereas some of our stars didn't? :(
No.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 8:13 am

So you think our kicking game was spot on in the second half, then?

willow

Post by willow » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 9:34 am

Woods is injured apparently, hence his not playing last night. Not sure what the injury is though.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 9:56 am

Look this game went down to what 5 minutes from full time I do agree that the selections Sheens made was a factor but Benjis 1st tackle throw away ball /Paytens bumbles/ Meaneys penalty all within 10 minutes and the silly game plan of closing the game down cost .....blame can be spread the full spectrum last night!!

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 10:14 am

Have to agree with a comment earlier - when we do win it is in spite of Sheens.
Couldn't believe he actually started Moltzen at fullback - seems like he is trying to break combinations instead of strengthening them.
I am one of Moltzen's biggest fans but me and everybody else on this forum knows he's not a fullback!
Why on earth wouldn't you put Brown or Meaney there?
The pitiful refereering didn't help - how stupid are those clowns to get fooled by Bird EVERY time he drops the ball?
Do they make them watch replays of the game to see what morons they are?
Or do they deliberately square up th penalty count if they think it's getting too one sided?
It wasn't a great effort by the boys but wasn't helped by having so many playing out of position.
If Sheens is wonderering why coaches get grey hair he shouldnt look at the players but take a good hard look in a mirror.

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 10:35 am

Here we go again Sheens bashing we lose a game of footy and some of those on this forums worlds collapsed. This is on every season so he had a bad night so what i am sure there are many on this forum who have off days but our coach is a footy god and not allowed to have one for gods sake have your say but for one season at least lay off the Sheens bashing and support our team

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 10:43 am

Give it a rest.

We had our foot on their throats after 11 minutes and the guys on the paddock threw it away with poor discipline. Moltzen was woeful at the back, but good players rise against that and turn around their performance after an error. More injuries compounded the issue, I swear our side is made of tissue and spit...

I said from the start it was ours to lose and we did just that.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

LCA

Post by LCA » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 10:48 am

Clontarf, pretty much sums it up I think. A bit of a worry when an ABC commentator likened the consecutive Payten "errors" late in the match reminding him of Ryan Tandy's exploits of 2010 He was quick to clarify his comments but Payten's errors were inexplicably careless and, in the end, very, very costly. The loss is a big kick in the guts, but that goes with the territory of supporting the Tigers, I suppose.
clontarfkid wrote:Lot of reasons why we lost..
1)Virtually tried to close down the game after 11 minutes-this tactic was never going to work
2)Playing Moltzen at f/b against one of the best bombers in the game-nup.He's closer to State Cup than State of origin.
3)Interchange selection & use-plain dumb
4)Titans tactic of rushing Benji was surprisingly effective in nullifying him
5)Both teams offside all nite,hence poor spectacle,but impacted us most
6)Refs square up after early penalty blitz to Tigers,plus overzealous penalties for stripping
5)Some really,really poor plays at the end from some of our best & most experienced players
Other than that,nothing really

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 10:52 am

NJLM78 wrote:Some really strange decisions around tonights game.

Why was the Marshall/Moltzen combination in the halves changed after the team scored 30 points last week?
Why was Moltzen playing fullback when Brown and Meaney have shown themselves to be stronger in this position?
Why were Ryan and McKinnon named in the team on Tuesday, when as many people pointed out on the forum (after the team announcement) they were no chance of playing?
Where is Woods? (If injured - no problem) But if not it is hard to justify why he wasn't playing tonight.
Moltzen didnt play half last week...dunno where he played, wasnt half

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 10:53 am

we had the game won and we choked.

100% on the players.

Post by 851 » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 11:09 am

It wasn't enough for Sheens to move the whole team around,and pick Moltzen at fullback :x ,he switched Ayshford to the left,just to break the only combination we had,Blake and Matt on the right have been going great,Ayshford typically struggles on the left.
The other guys dad was right,we win despite Sheens,not because of him.
Go hard or go home

CocaCola

Post by CocaCola » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 11:38 am

We lost because Payten still doesn't know how to play the ball properly..

2 in the final crucial stage of the game! We could have kicked a field goal on both occasions :brick:

tigerdre

Post by tigerdre » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:20 pm

I know were everyone is coming from in regards to team selection & i really dont get & never have gotten why Sheens makes major reshuffles when 1 player is injured.In this case that player being McKinnnon who has been solid at best.Surely Meaney replacing McKinnon was all that was needed & not the major reshuffle that we saw.
BUT at the end of the day i have to agree with Sheens that we through the game away with 5 to go with some brain dead decisions.Everyone one of there tries were from brain decisions & in the end we paid for it.
So even though Sheens inpart is to blame with some brain dead decisions some of the blame must go to the players & senior ones at that.We should have never lost that game & we mustlearn from it

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:28 pm

We lost because the team, as a whole, played like crap! :dead
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 1:22 pm

We lost last night due to poor team selections....

Moltzen is nothing at the moment, at halfback Benji covers for him so that's where he belongs until Lui returns. He is no Fullback, too timid and scared of the ball, no one to cover his a** so he becomes exposed, as was evident last night...Our Bench was weak and small....So Tim do us all a favour and until we get some troops back...
1) Brown is the logical replacement for fullback.
2) Put Beau Ryan in at Centre to cover for Lawrence.
3) Put an up and coming winger in to replace Lote.
4) Keep Moltz at half until Lui returns.
5) Pick at least 2 props on the bench.
6) We win!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 1:27 pm

CocaCola wrote:We lost because Payten still doesn't know how to play the ball properly..

2 in the final crucial stage of the game! We could have kicked a field goal on both occasions :brick:
Lmfao!!
We couldnt get down to their end at all in the second half, why would those two sets where Payten fumbles have made any difference?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 1:29 pm

:lol: I' just watched it again....we dropped it we gave away dumb penalties in the second half and had absoulutely no direction in attack from Benji Farah Miller or Moltzen....for this i blame Sheens ...he should drop them all starting with Benji...

Oh this play sums it up kick to Latu he fumbles it Miller picks it up flick passes to Moltz who dropped it....damn you Sheens....

Even then the Coast where lucky to get up...
Wayne Train 2019..

alien

Post by alien » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 5:45 pm

they need to stop kicking on the 3rd and 4th tackle unless they have a very good chance of getting a 40/20, or if it's an attacking kick like benji put through when we scored that try. its really annoying. also why is utai taking the 2nd hit-up so many times. too much dropped ball, and what the hell was payten on??? :brick: