Moltzen

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
Tiger Watto

Re: Moltzen

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:07 am

Oh dear... The kid has talent but realistically, we haunt seen Tim play to his potential since 2009. Injury aside, he is playing with no confidence which is evident every time we do not have any momentum. His support play is positive once we get some go forward and tonight he reaped the rewards of 2 Tries.

My concern is where is he best suited in this NRL Team. Reggies will help him gain some confidence, but why would you put a guy down to reggies to harness confidence for a bench spot?

Is Tim Moltzen simply our back-up 5/8 now?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

angeman

Post by angeman » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:44 am

surely sheens can see he lacks confidence - doesn't jump for bombs, put his body on the line, etc.

i think moltzen is perfect at 14 and would make a great 5/8 (if we didn't have benji) but he isn't a fullback.

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:48 am

Nothing about his game makes a good fullback.
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:51 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Oh dear... The kid has talent but realistically, we haunt seen Tim play to his potential since 2009. Injury aside, he is playing with no confidence which is evident every time we do not have any momentum. His support play is positive once we get some go forward and tonight he reaped the rewards of 2 Tries.

My concern is where is he best suited in this NRL Team. Reggies will help him gain some confidence, but why would you put a guy down to reggies to harness confidence for a bench spot?

Is Tim Moltzen simply our back-up 5/8 now?
Yes Watto or back up utility

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:55 am

Not going to win many games with moltzen ,meaney and ryan in the top 17. :deadhorse:
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE..

underdog

Post by underdog » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 9:04 am

Dreamers wrote:Totally agree why put Moltzen at fullback he is shocking too SMALL ,put him on the bench,i am hearing Tim Sheens hasnt signed yet there is trouble in the camp ,over and out
Billy Slater, Matt Bowen, Brett Hodgson, and Shannon Gallant might disagree with you about Moltzens size. His size doesn't matter if he's willing to have a go, and the second Yow Yeh scored, his head dropped. Almost a mirror to Zillman last week.

Not the showing of a player who feels 100% in control of his facaulties.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 9:10 am

I say stick with Moltzen. He scored two tries last night and was one of our most damaging outside backs. He was better than Benji, Ayshford, Ryan & Brown.

He made some good tackles. He took some bombs.

Give it some time.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 9:13 am

tiger05 wrote:I say stick with Moltzen. He scored two tries last night and was one of our most damaging outside backs. He was better than Benji, Ayshford, Ryan & Brown.

He made some good tackles. He took some bombs.

Give it some time.
Scores two tries so let's forget about his pathetic attempt at catching that bomb, his disgraceful kick returns, his poor positioning in defense, and his unwillingness to put his body on the line.

:bash

weststigerman

Post by weststigerman » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 9:31 am

As everyone has mentioned, he's not a fullback.

I'd switch him with Brown if Mckinnon is still out next week. I still think he could make a good centre.

tigers05

Post by tigers05 » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 9:38 am

he's best position for the team is off the bench for his utility value, he is not a fulltime centre or fullback but can fill in if so required. Brown at fullback....for mine

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 9:41 am

I said last week that if he played fullback we would cop a hiding. Hate being right, but he is not a fullback's backside. I agree with hybrid. Someone else said "give him time". How much more does he need. It has been seven weeks now and no improvement. Back to reggies please.

On another matter, but mentioned in this discussion, if we sign Sheens for another 2 years we are crazy.

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 9:47 am

The simple fact is Moltzen is not a fullback.Yes ,he is a talented player,but he is NOT a fullback.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 10:51 am

tiger05 wrote:
willow wrote:
tiger05 wrote:Please. I talked it up before the game because he has the ability and he showed it tonight. He was one of our better players.
Turn it up, his defence was rubbish and his tries were based out of support play and nothing more.
Seriously you guys aren't watching the game at all. He was good tonight and he should be at fullback for the rest of the year. Yes he is learning and he will make mistakes but it is worth the risk at this time.

As for support play there has been plenty of complaints that we don't do this well. What do you expect of him.
You're kidding yourself, most people here can see it. Moltzen was not good, the 2 tries he scored flattered him. He had no creativity in attack last night, did not bring the ball back straight and hard like the Broncos fullback did, he was not good in the air and defensively poor once again.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 10:52 am

Offers nothing on kick returns.
Does not direct the defensive line at all.
Was not seen trailing up the middle once. Only on the fringes with his meal ticket Benji
Will not contest for a high ball when any opposition is close
Will not contest a loose ball on the ground
Runs 15m side to side to give it to a winger to get smashed.

Moltzen is the third best halfback option, the second best 5/8 option and the single worst fullback option at the club. Bryce Gibbs would put on a better display at the back and would lay everything on the line for the team. Moltzen wants to be there for the fancy play or the try but is nowhere to be seen when the going gets tough in any position he plays for Wests Tigers.

Bench player at best but Moltzen will continue to be picked at fullback whenever McKinnon even has a minor cold it seems to allow Sheens to continue his little mission of making a half a fullback

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 10:53 am

Timmy Choo Shoes Moltzen.... Always standing on his Heels!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 11:07 am

Never been a massive Moltzen fan. Even with all the hype he was getting in pre season, could never understand it. He should be out back up 5/8 if Marshall is injured. Otherwise he can play in jersey 14 and get the token 10 minutes at the end of the game. He just doesn't do any of the little things well. Like competing harder then your opponent, positional play. Things that can go un noticed but all add up to costing your team.

Might sound harsh but if we have to free up some space at the end of the season in our cap Moltzen would be one player I wouldn't be dissapointed to lose. He is not good enough at fullback or halfback for mine. I think his best position is 5/8 and obviously be would be a back up there.

guesty123

Post by guesty123 » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 11:09 am

His improvement from last week was out of sight under the bomb, just some miss judgement and no communication lead to him not knowing the dude was coming up on him.

You guys are all mentioning this kick return but there was no opportunities he had to actually do so...

@smeghead saying he wont contest a ball when a opponent is close is a blatant lie i watched him do so last night.

The kid has so much potential to be a threat in NRL, i reallly hope sheensy finds a permanent spot in the starting team for him :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 11:18 am

I will watch the game again guesty just to double check. Got some time refferences for when he jumped for a high ball with the opposition also contesting?

As far as not knowing YowYeh was approaching WTF? He didn't even leave the ground. What was he going to do, stay planted and claim a catch Union style?