Kickoff: 2pm Sunday 1 May
Venue: Canberra Stadium
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
happy tiger

Re: McKinnon

Post by happy tiger » Mon 02 May, 2011 12:47 pm

Kul wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
MightyMaggy wrote:The important thing about McKinnon's game is that he positions himself well in both attack and defence. This is not something that can be coached, as it is something that is instinctive. He is the best in the Club.
x2 he is positionally the best fullback in NRL bar none . To all you Moltzen at fullback lovers thats how a fullback needs to play all the time
who are you talking to?
no one wants him at fullback
I can think of at least two in particular who continually go on about How pace at fullback is more important than skill and positional play Kul . I've never knocked him as a player Kul (other than when he is at fullback)and understand what he is going thru with his knee . But think at this stage he is a good fill in at centre and when we are at full strength that he will be the 14 .

Post by 851 » Mon 02 May, 2011 1:03 pm

TheSunTanSuperman wrote:
851 wrote:He played a fullbacks game that Moltzen could only dream about,and for those Timmy lovers,Wade got 2 tries,if it was a fight the ref would have stopped it by now.
You're a bitter, little man, aren't you?

Take your advice champ and go home, cause you're soft as.
That makes no sense,go home you say,where did I offer that up,and as for the rest,what I would like to say would get me banned from here.
Go hard or go home

angeman

Post by angeman » Mon 02 May, 2011 7:00 pm

how good is it to have a fullback playing at fullback! the way he attacked that ball when dugan grubbered through was just brilliant!

saundo1982

Post by saundo1982 » Mon 02 May, 2011 7:57 pm

I think McKinnon may not be as slow as some here point out. Looking at replays of duggans first try(well kinda try) McKinnon is actually involved in the tackle on ferguson, then is the last man attempting to stop duggan from scoring arriving as ayshford falls of the tackle. He done a fair effort to get up from the tackle and be back to the goal line when duggan is trying to score considering he was at full flight from the start of the play to pretty much the goal line he got a perfect bounce didn't have to stop to collect the ball.

Posted using RoarFEED

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Mon 02 May, 2011 10:44 pm

His made the fullback position his. I had Brown at the start of the season but McKinnon is the man for me now. Brown is a great replacement and I think should have started the season. He will have to bide his time on the wing.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Tue 03 May, 2011 7:33 am

I still think Moltzen has greater potential there. McKinnon was great and he is a complete fullback. I still think he lacks pace. Canberra were terrible. Lets see how he goes up against better teams.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 03 May, 2011 8:15 am

tiger05 wrote:I still think Moltzen has greater potential there. McKinnon was great and he is a complete fullback. I still think he lacks pace. Canberra were terrible. Lets see how he goes up against better teams.
Give it a rest. You've got to be just trolling for a reaction now. No matter how much potential he has, he'll never fulfill it if he isn't willing to put his body on the line.

:roll:
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Tue 03 May, 2011 8:25 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
tiger05 wrote:I still think Moltzen has greater potential there. McKinnon was great and he is a complete fullback. I still think he lacks pace. Canberra were terrible. Lets see how he goes up against better teams.
Give it a rest. You've got to be just trolling for a reaction now. No matter how much potential he has, he'll never fulfill it if he isn't willing to put his body on the line.

:roll:
That wasn't a troll. I still think my point is valid. Happy to be proven wrong but its too early to call it at the moment.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 03 May, 2011 8:30 am

Canberra were terrible because we made them look terrible . MacKinnon is our No 1 fullback Moltzen should be absolute last option behind Brown , Ryan , Mullaney Lote . Just admit you are wrong

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Tue 03 May, 2011 2:00 pm

happy tiger wrote:Just admit you are wrong
Maybe at some point but not yet.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 03 May, 2011 2:05 pm

tiger05 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Just admit you are wrong
Maybe at some point but not yet.
We won't hold our breath then .

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Tue 03 May, 2011 2:12 pm

saundo1982 wrote:I think McKinnon may not be as slow as some here point out. Looking at replays of duggans first try(well kinda try) McKinnon is actually involved in the tackle on ferguson, then is the last man attempting to stop duggan from scoring arriving as ayshford falls of the tackle. He done a fair effort to get up from the tackle and be back to the goal line when duggan is trying to score considering he was at full flight from the start of the play to pretty much the goal line he got a perfect bounce didn't have to stop to collect the ball.

Posted using RoarFEED
I agree - don't think he's nearly as slow as made out to be.
When he backed up the break for his second try Lui was right next to him and when they took off he left him for dead.
Maybe he just anticipated it a little earlier - but he was moving!

stryker

Post by stryker » Wed 04 May, 2011 8:15 am

I thought he showed pretty good pace for that try as well as the cover tackle on Duges that all but prevented his try....

If those hammies hold together he'll be a great asset.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Wed 04 May, 2011 9:20 am

Just finished watching the game whilst on the train to work and McK had an absolute ripper.

He was almost everywhere.

I loved his confidence at the back and how that flowed on to the others around him.