tim moltzen

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 2pm Sunday 1 May
Venue: Canberra Stadium
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
everett

Re: tim moltzen

Post by everett » Mon 02 May, 2011 8:58 am

When we play Souths next I would move Moltzen to the bench and put Fulton at centre to mark
Inglis and Taylor.

Moltzen will be number 14 once Lawrence and Lote are back.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 02 May, 2011 9:03 am

He wasn't diabolical today.

It will take a little time to get used to playing centre again. He was seen standing around alot like a half would at times rather than being in motion etc. He will improve though as he has been good at centre for us in the past.

The important thing today showed is why Ayshford should never have been moved from the right flank. The defensive combination over that side works well together

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 02 May, 2011 9:05 am

Ed Reschs wrote:We won 49 - 12 yesterday and we have a thread bagging a player.
the bloke is only 8 weeks back from a full knee reconstruction. Have any of you dribblers ever had a knee recon? let alone then played top level footy after having one. As the big marn would say "I'm outraged".
Point I was trying to make is he seems better at centre than fullback and yes to your other question Know more than I should about knee recos and have more surgery to try and recover from my present reco thanks So back off with the dribblers comment OK

McGrime

Post by McGrime » Mon 02 May, 2011 9:38 am

50% improvement on last week.
If he is kept in one position (Which I believe he now will) he should be back to his best fairly soon.
I also think that Moltzen will be solid in next weeks rep game and another game under his belt while we have the bye will be of great benefit.
WestsTigers

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 02 May, 2011 11:56 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
tiger4ever wrote:
Kul wrote:*yawn

Lol you have to give them something to complain about kul.Its either him or sheens.
Who is them?

Don't think anyone is complaining, just making an observation on Moltzen which is hard to disagree with. Not a fullback, not a centre. Can't see any spot for him except utility which in our side barring and injury during the game is 5 minutes at the end.
Them is you guys who continually bag Moltzen, the way you guys give it to him is embarrassing, we've run in 50 away from home and you guys start a thread bagging Moltzen, WTF, he was fine yesterday, overshadowed by great performance from a number of players, but fine none the less. To not get bagged by you Moltzen haters he needs to play like Joey, wally, ben Kennedy and Reg gasnier rolled into 1.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 02 May, 2011 1:05 pm

Goose wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
tiger4ever wrote:
Kul wrote:*yawn

Lol you have to give them something to complain about kul.Its either him or sheens.
Who is them?

Don't think anyone is complaining, just making an observation on Moltzen which is hard to disagree with. Not a fullback, not a centre. Can't see any spot for him except utility which in our side barring and injury during the game is 5 minutes at the end.
Them is you guys who continually bag Moltzen, the way you guys give it to him is embarrassing, we've run in 50 away from home and you guys start a thread bagging Moltzen, WTF, he was fine yesterday, overshadowed by great performance from a number of players, but fine none the less. To not get bagged by you Moltzen haters he needs to play like Joey, wally, ben Kennedy and Reg gasnier rolled into 1.
I have not bagged Moltzen. I have simply stated he is not a fullback or a centre, and I didn't start this thread. So take your complaints elsewhere.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 02 May, 2011 1:21 pm

You have been highly critical of him every week, some alot worse than you, some bloke called him a cat last week.
Heres a tip, if a bloke is a cat, he gets found out well before he gets to NRL!

Read through this thread and every other thread and tell me blokes are not bagging him.

He is a junior kangaroo who played first grade at 18, clearly he has ability and talent, he is not on huge dollars, and missed out on alot of bonuses last year due to the injury, what to we want from these guys, give him time and he'll be an extremely important player for us throughout the year.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 02 May, 2011 1:22 pm

Goose wrote:You have been highly critical of him every week, some alot worse than you, some bloke called him a cat last week.

Read through this thread and every other thread and tell me blokes are not bagging him.

He is a junior kangaroo who played first grade at 18, clearly he has ability and talent, he is not on huge dollars, and missed out on alot of bonuses last year due to the injury, what to we want from these guys, give him time and he'll be an extremely important player for us throughout the year.
Only at fullback Goose

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 02 May, 2011 1:26 pm

Goose wrote:You have been highly critical of him every week, some alot worse than you, some bloke called him a cat last week.

I have not bagged him, simply stated he is NOT in any way shape or form a fullback, end of story.

The Shiraz Tiger

Post by The Shiraz Tiger » Mon 02 May, 2011 1:37 pm

What to do ? Keep him as a utility player ? Personally I think he's much better than that. I think psychologically, coming back from a year off in rehab after the knee, every time he runs, twists or turns, it's in the back of his mind if it's going to crumble underneath him again. If Lui has a strong year, Lawrence comes back better than ever, Ayshford awakens from his slumber and McKinnon signs on for a few more years I think you'll see Timmy move on. He'll get picked up very quickly.

adamtiger

Post by adamtiger » Mon 02 May, 2011 1:43 pm

bit hard to come back forma full knee recon, no confidence play in the back line in every position get match fitness and confidence at the same time. I think he even played lock in the frist few games didnt he??

at the moment we need him, we only have one centre left fit in the squad (ayshford) . he hasnt been his best which is expected due to the circumstances but he has held is own except in fullback, give the kid time... Ill have in a starting tigers jersey any day of the week

Tommy Tiger

Post by Tommy Tiger » Mon 02 May, 2011 1:50 pm

Good on ya on that country jersey now take it and go find a club that needs you champ!' parra need a half back so do Newtown !

Posted using RoarFEED

The Shiraz Tiger

Post by The Shiraz Tiger » Mon 02 May, 2011 1:59 pm

Bit rough "Tommy Tiger". The more football he gets, the more confident he'll become. He might be a bit fortunate with the Country call up, but I hope he grabs his chance (and the ball) with both hands and gets stuck in. Remember, he's still a Tiger for 2011.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Mon 02 May, 2011 2:02 pm

God help Blair if we sign him & he takes a while to hit his straps some of you will want to send him to the tip, Moltzen is coming back from a serious injury give him a chance & he is playing a different position every week.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 02 May, 2011 2:36 pm

Once again he displayed why he should not be in first grade. He has had most of the end of last year, the entire pre season training and now 8 weeks of first grade. How much time does he need. Knee reconstruction or not.

He simply murdered a try to Brown and it was only that Hino put his body on the line that we ended up scoring.

Just remember, Brown goes in untouched whilst Hino could have been seriously injured.

He must have a bone to pick with Brown, because shortly after this blunder, he failed to give him (Brown) the ball when he was in the clear!

mtd

Post by mtd » Mon 02 May, 2011 4:40 pm

end of the day, we still scored that try through heighington...

so its not a butchered try...

it didnt cost us the game...

moltzen isnt a centre so we cant expect him to be as good as lawrence

put him in the halves and he'll destroy teams

end of story

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 02 May, 2011 5:50 pm

In the halves where?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 02 May, 2011 6:25 pm

Cmon Hybrid you know better than most Sheens obsessions with 5/8ths and 2ng rowers...

Lui 5/8 Benji 5/8 Moltzen 5/8 Ayshrord 5/8 and who could forget Lawrence to 5/8...

3/4 of the backline are 5/8th
Wayne Train 2019..