R. I. P. Balmain

Balmain Tigers and Western Suburbs Magpies Junior Development Discussion
Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4988
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Re: R. I. P. Balmain

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 27 Oct, 2018 9:49 am

Re those changing smoking laws. The Byron Ex Services club did a reno job every change of the law - never once did they let the smokers down. They spent millions on it. I have two friends addicted to both - cigs and the machines. And sometimes they cry to borrow money in spite of having permanent full time jobs.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)


User avatar
Basil Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 570
Joined: Tue 18 Sep, 2012 10:35 am
Location: Northern NSW(ex-Sydney).

Post by Basil Tiger » Sat 27 Oct, 2018 10:40 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 27 Oct, 2018 9:49 am
Re those changing smoking laws. The Byron Ex Services club did a reno job every change of the law - never once did they let the smokers down.

Yep,every viable Club adapted to the OHS/RBT/Pokies/Smoking etc laws,our Club has been poorly run for Decades with lots of rumours of Staff with fingers in the till and this was Decades after Humpreys.
It already been mentioned the challenges the Club had with the changing demographic in the Balmain/Leichhardt area but the Club was sitting on Millions of Dollars of land and had met the criteria for entry into the NRL and yet put their handout for the 'fools gold' to merge with Wests's.

I remember a Newsletter a few years back where they said they would be paying 'market value' rent on the new premises when they were eventually built,anybody that has a IQ over Moron would know they couldn't service their Debt and run the Leagues Club profitably if they paid full rent on the premises.
Patronage at the Leagues Club had dropped off since the 1980's as mentioned in a previous post but it was still ticking over.

Anyway sad Day,only hope now is the Administrators comes to a deal with a White Knight which is unlikely now we have given away all our assets.
I feel sorry for all the hard work and sacrifice by the Members in the 1950/60's to get the Leagues Club up and running only to see it thrown away by decisions made on the basis of poor advice from people that only had $ signs in their eyes.
Greetings All,from far Northern NSW.

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3878
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Sat 27 Oct, 2018 12:23 pm

Somebody should approach Benny Elias for a quote on this. He usually has plenty to say.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5317
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sat 27 Oct, 2018 2:36 pm

Just to put things in perspective.

It is the Balmain Leagues Club that has gone into administration.

The Balmain Rugby League Football Club will continue on for another another 110 years.

How anyone would have been stupid enough to sell the BLC for $1.00 and not use Meriton to develop the Rozelle site is almost beyond comprehension.

Yes Benny big mouth you would be the greatest fool that God ever put breath into.

Unfortunately lots of people are suffering because of your greed, but believe that you escaped unscathed.

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 2265
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Sat 27 Oct, 2018 2:42 pm

Russell wrote:
Sat 27 Oct, 2018 2:36 pm
Just to put things in perspective.

It is the Balmain Leagues Club that has gone into administration.

The Balmain Rugby League Football Club will continue on for another another 110 years.

How anyone would have been stupid enough to sell the BLC for $1.00 and not use Meriton to develop the Rozelle site is almost beyond comprehension.

Yes Benny big mouth you would be the greatest fool that God ever put breath into.

Unfortunately lots of people are suffering because of your greed, but believe that you escaped unscathed.
Russell I’ve never heard the Elias story in regards to the leagues club downfall. I know he screwed them over but what actually happened?
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.


Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5317
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sat 27 Oct, 2018 3:02 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 27 Oct, 2018 2:42 pm
Russell wrote:
Sat 27 Oct, 2018 2:36 pm
Just to put things in perspective.

It is the Balmain Leagues Club that has gone into administration.

The Balmain Rugby League Football Club will continue on for another another 110 years.

How anyone would have been stupid enough to sell the BLC for $1.00 and not use Meriton to develop the Rozelle site is almost beyond comprehension.

Yes Benny big mouth you would be the greatest fool that God ever put breath into.

Unfortunately lots of people are suffering because of your greed, but believe that you escaped unscathed.
Russell I’ve never heard the Elias story in regards to the leagues club downfall. I know he screwed them over but what actually happened?
Well Steve, from what I heard he was one of the ones that set the whole thing up, with the ideas etc. etc. Sell the club to the developer for $1.00 - Meriton and Harry were not even asked to tender (strange given he was the Balmain sponsor and then Wests Tigers major sponsor at the time). The Government then stuck their nose in saying they were going to put a Metro line and station there which would be beneficial to the project etc. etc. Once the whole thing went sour i.e. application knocked back by council (thanks Mr Byrne), Government pulled the pin on the Metro (Barry O'Farrell I seem to recall) - our mate Benny pulled out as well, at least getting away with what he put in - if not more, leaving the BLC holding the bag.

Now I maybe incorrect (sure someone will correct) but that is a very broad precis as I understand it.

All of the dealings wit the BLC has nothing to do with the running or survival of the BDRLFC.

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 2265
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Sat 27 Oct, 2018 3:19 pm

Russell wrote:
Sat 27 Oct, 2018 3:02 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 27 Oct, 2018 2:42 pm
Russell wrote:
Sat 27 Oct, 2018 2:36 pm
Just to put things in perspective.

It is the Balmain Leagues Club that has gone into administration.

The Balmain Rugby League Football Club will continue on for another another 110 years.

How anyone would have been stupid enough to sell the BLC for $1.00 and not use Meriton to develop the Rozelle site is almost beyond comprehension.

Yes Benny big mouth you would be the greatest fool that God ever put breath into.

Unfortunately lots of people are suffering because of your greed, but believe that you escaped unscathed.
Russell I’ve never heard the Elias story in regards to the leagues club downfall. I know he screwed them over but what actually happened?
Well Steve, from what I heard he was one of the ones that set the whole thing up, with the ideas etc. etc. Sell the club to the developer for $1.00 - Meriton and Harry were not even asked to tender (strange given he was the Balmain sponsor and then Wests Tigers major sponsor at the time). The Government then stuck their nose in saying they were going to put a Metro line and station there which would be beneficial to the project etc. etc. Once the whole thing went sour i.e. application knocked back by council (thanks Mr Byrne), Government pulled the pin on the Metro (Barry O'Farrell I seem to recall) - our mate Benny pulled out as well, at least getting away with what he put in - if not more, leaving the BLC holding the bag.

Now I maybe incorrect (sure someone will correct) but that is a very broad precis as I understand it.

All of the dealings wit the BLC has nothing to do with the running or survival of the BDRLFC.
Thanks!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4988
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 27 Oct, 2018 7:55 pm

Benny's or his mate's idea was to erect about 28 story units and shopping centre that was way beyond council guidelines and traffic going onto already crowded Victoria Road. So was always behind the eight ball concerning getting approved.

But what did NSW governments do after that - if the project was worth more than $20M you sideline the council and go direct to the state govt. who determined it was of state development importance and Benny was your uncle. So developers I know whose project was only worth about half that amount that did not fit council guidelines would deliberately over-value their project to leap frog the local council, give a generous donation to their political party and Benny was your uncle again.

But not only in the Tigers' case but many league clubs have suffered because they put ex-players, without appropriate university qualifications and work experience, in charge of administration etc..

But Benny must have had some success because about 5 years ago here in Byron, Tom Mooney the ex-Manly player, gave Benny's company a big reno job on his hotel.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

rozelle rudy
Member
Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun 26 Aug, 2012 6:15 pm

Post by rozelle rudy » Sun 28 Oct, 2018 12:27 am

jirskyr wrote:
Sat 27 Oct, 2018 9:14 am
Imagine if you wanted to renovate your house and the council told you you had to buy other properties around you to make it happen, then the government told you they'd be bringing a train station in around the corner from your house.

And you spent all your money suring-up local property and preparing large renovation plans, ensuring you had ample parking and thinking about the new property values once the train station was completed.

And then the government asked you to move out whilst they started work on the station, and you'd be back in a jiffy.

And then the government changed, the station is cancelled, nobody wants to approve your plans, you can't get back into your house and you own these properties you don't need.

If you were to remove any major club from it's primary premises for a decade, whilst also blocking plans for a refurbishment, you'd put any one of them out of business.

I'll never really know whether or not Tigers' renovation plans were excessive or unrealistic, but considering they approved those monstrous Balmain power station developments a decade earlier, I can't understand how the council suddenly became so concerned about traffic and building heights.
The Balmain Shores land was zoned for high density, Victoria Road isn't. The developer put up plans that meant you couldn't move the cars out of the site.

rozelle rudy
Member
Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun 26 Aug, 2012 6:15 pm

Post by rozelle rudy » Sun 28 Oct, 2018 12:31 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sat 27 Oct, 2018 7:55 pm
Benny's or his mate's idea was to erect about 28 story units and shopping centre that was way beyond council guidelines and traffic going onto already crowded Victoria Road. So was always behind the eight ball concerning getting approved.

But what did NSW governments do after that - if the project was worth more than $20M you sideline the council and go direct to the state govt. who determined it was of state development importance and Benny was your uncle. So developers I know whose project was only worth about half that amount that did not fit council guidelines would deliberately over-value their project to leap frog the local council, give a generous donation to their political party and Benny was your uncle again.



But not only in the Tigers' case but many league clubs have suffered because they put ex-players, without appropriate university qualifications and work experience, in charge of administration etc..

But Benny must have had some success because about 5 years ago here in Byron, Tom Mooney the ex-Manly player, gave Benny's company a big reno job on his hotel.
The local council isn't the consent authority for this development. The government appointed planning panel is. They refused it. The developers appealed to court and lost. Then the developers came up with even more grandiose plans.

rozelle rudy
Member
Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun 26 Aug, 2012 6:15 pm

Post by rozelle rudy » Sun 28 Oct, 2018 12:36 am

Russell wrote:
Sat 27 Oct, 2018 3:02 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 27 Oct, 2018 2:42 pm
Russell wrote:
Sat 27 Oct, 2018 2:36 pm
Just to put things in perspective.

It is the Balmain Leagues Club that has gone into administration.

The Balmain Rugby League Football Club will continue on for another another 110 years.

How anyone would have been stupid enough to sell the BLC for $1.00 and not use Meriton to develop the Rozelle site is almost beyond comprehension.

Yes Benny big mouth you would be the greatest fool that God ever put breath into.

Unfortunately lots of people are suffering because of your greed, but believe that you escaped unscathed.
Russell I’ve never heard the Elias story in regards to the leagues club downfall. I know he screwed them over but what actually happened?
Well Steve, from what I heard he was one of the ones that set the whole thing up, with the ideas etc. etc. Sell the club to the developer for $1.00 - Meriton and Harry were not even asked to tender (strange given he was the Balmain sponsor and then Wests Tigers major sponsor at the time). The Government then stuck their nose in saying they were going to put a Metro line and station there which would be beneficial to the project etc. etc. Once the whole thing went sour i.e. application knocked back by council (thanks Mr Byrne), Government pulled the pin on the Metro (Barry O'Farrell I seem to recall) - our mate Benny pulled out as well, at least getting away with what he put in - if not more, leaving the BLC holding the bag.

Now I maybe incorrect (sure someone will correct) but that is a very broad precis as I understand it.

All of the dealings wit the BLC has nothing to do with the running or survival of the BDRLFC.
The club had to sell the site. Its debts were equal to the land value and it was going broke fast. It's not Elias's fault, the club had been going downhill for years. The population of the area changed, people stopped going.
Elias and others tried to salvage something for the club with the developers but the club had no money of its own. The developers proved useless at coming up with something workable for the site.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4988
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 28 Oct, 2018 12:46 am

Strictly speaking, with the change of population the writing was on the wall. That was when the merger should have been contemplated. My yuppy brother moved to Balmain in about 1979 - that was an indicator.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

cochise
Member
Member
Posts: 887
Joined: Sun 12 Feb, 2012 10:42 pm

Post by cochise » Sun 28 Oct, 2018 1:47 am

Russell wrote:
Sat 27 Oct, 2018 3:02 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 27 Oct, 2018 2:42 pm
Russell wrote:
Sat 27 Oct, 2018 2:36 pm
Just to put things in perspective.

It is the Balmain Leagues Club that has gone into administration.

The Balmain Rugby League Football Club will continue on for another another 110 years.

How anyone would have been stupid enough to sell the BLC for $1.00 and not use Meriton to develop the Rozelle site is almost beyond comprehension.

Yes Benny big mouth you would be the greatest fool that God ever put breath into.

Unfortunately lots of people are suffering because of your greed, but believe that you escaped unscathed.
Russell I’ve never heard the Elias story in regards to the leagues club downfall. I know he screwed them over but what actually happened?
Well Steve, from what I heard he was one of the ones that set the whole thing up, with the ideas etc. etc. Sell the club to the developer for $1.00 - Meriton and Harry were not even asked to tender (strange given he was the Balmain sponsor and then Wests Tigers major sponsor at the time). The Government then stuck their nose in saying they were going to put a Metro line and station there which would be beneficial to the project etc. etc. Once the whole thing went sour i.e. application knocked back by council (thanks Mr Byrne), Government pulled the pin on the Metro (Barry O'Farrell I seem to recall) - our mate Benny pulled out as well, at least getting away with what he put in - if not more, leaving the BLC holding the bag.

Now I maybe incorrect (sure someone will correct) but that is a very broad precis as I understand it.

All of the dealings wit the BLC has nothing to do with the running or survival of the BDRLFC.
Benny and the developers screwed the Tigers badly, but that line about the Tigers selling the land for $1 is just not true and is used to make them sound worse than they are and is not needed as they are useless and killed the club.

The land was sold for $1 plus the repaying of Balmain's debts, which I may be wrong but I believe were around $20m at the time. So the land was actually sold for $20m.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6192
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Sun 28 Oct, 2018 1:48 pm

rozelle rudy wrote:
Sun 28 Oct, 2018 12:27 am
jirskyr wrote:
Sat 27 Oct, 2018 9:14 am
Imagine if you wanted to renovate your house and the council told you you had to buy other properties around you to make it happen, then the government told you they'd be bringing a train station in around the corner from your house.

And you spent all your money suring-up local property and preparing large renovation plans, ensuring you had ample parking and thinking about the new property values once the train station was completed.

And then the government asked you to move out whilst they started work on the station, and you'd be back in a jiffy.

And then the government changed, the station is cancelled, nobody wants to approve your plans, you can't get back into your house and you own these properties you don't need.

If you were to remove any major club from it's primary premises for a decade, whilst also blocking plans for a refurbishment, you'd put any one of them out of business.

I'll never really know whether or not Tigers' renovation plans were excessive or unrealistic, but considering they approved those monstrous Balmain power station developments a decade earlier, I can't understand how the council suddenly became so concerned about traffic and building heights.
The Balmain Shores land was zoned for high density, Victoria Road isn't. The developer put up plans that meant you couldn't move the cars out of the site.
Can council not zone whatever they like however they choose? Also I don't get how you can say Victoria Rd isn't zoned for high density, when Balmain Shores feeds onto Victoria Rd? It's like saying the Ryde Bridge isn't zoned for high density but you build 10,000 units in Rhodes.

I am sure the developers for the Leagues Club put up "aggressive" plans, but you are supposed to be able to negotiate the outcome.

The thing I'll never understand about the Rozelle area is owners and council trying to keep it as "village" as possible, despite it being a 10 minute drive from the CBD of a city of almost 5M people. High density is coming everywhere, it's the only way we can support the population growth.

I live 30 mins from the CBD and even in the last 5 years the number of units and duplexs going up in place of houses is striking. If you want the space and the lack of traffic, move to West or The Sticks, or the West of Sticks.

I used to live in a 12-storey building (120 units) that opened onto a main road - not such a big deal with traffic and you could only pull into the building from one side.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29771
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 28 Oct, 2018 2:16 pm

cochise wrote:
Sun 28 Oct, 2018 1:47 am
Russell wrote:
Sat 27 Oct, 2018 3:02 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 27 Oct, 2018 2:42 pm
Russell wrote:
Sat 27 Oct, 2018 2:36 pm
Just to put things in perspective.

It is the Balmain Leagues Club that has gone into administration.

The Balmain Rugby League Football Club will continue on for another another 110 years.

How anyone would have been stupid enough to sell the BLC for $1.00 and not use Meriton to develop the Rozelle site is almost beyond comprehension.

Yes Benny big mouth you would be the greatest fool that God ever put breath into.

Unfortunately lots of people are suffering because of your greed, but believe that you escaped unscathed.
Russell I’ve never heard the Elias story in regards to the leagues club downfall. I know he screwed them over but what actually happened?
Well Steve, from what I heard he was one of the ones that set the whole thing up, with the ideas etc. etc. Sell the club to the developer for $1.00 - Meriton and Harry were not even asked to tender (strange given he was the Balmain sponsor and then Wests Tigers major sponsor at the time). The Government then stuck their nose in saying they were going to put a Metro line and station there which would be beneficial to the project etc. etc. Once the whole thing went sour i.e. application knocked back by council (thanks Mr Byrne), Government pulled the pin on the Metro (Barry O'Farrell I seem to recall) - our mate Benny pulled out as well, at least getting away with what he put in - if not more, leaving the BLC holding the bag.

Now I maybe incorrect (sure someone will correct) but that is a very broad precis as I understand it.

All of the dealings wit the BLC has nothing to do with the running or survival of the BDRLFC.
Benny and the developers screwed the Tigers badly, but that line about the Tigers selling the land for $1 is just not true and is used to make them sound worse than they are and is not needed as they are useless and killed the club.

The land was sold for $1 plus the repaying of Balmain's debts, which I may be wrong but I believe were around $20m at the time. So the land was actually sold for $20m.
Correct, though unsure on actual $figure

cochise
Member
Member
Posts: 887
Joined: Sun 12 Feb, 2012 10:42 pm

Post by cochise » Sun 28 Oct, 2018 2:21 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 28 Oct, 2018 2:16 pm
cochise wrote:
Sun 28 Oct, 2018 1:47 am
Russell wrote:
Sat 27 Oct, 2018 3:02 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 27 Oct, 2018 2:42 pm

Russell I’ve never heard the Elias story in regards to the leagues club downfall. I know he screwed them over but what actually happened?
Well Steve, from what I heard he was one of the ones that set the whole thing up, with the ideas etc. etc. Sell the club to the developer for $1.00 - Meriton and Harry were not even asked to tender (strange given he was the Balmain sponsor and then Wests Tigers major sponsor at the time). The Government then stuck their nose in saying they were going to put a Metro line and station there which would be beneficial to the project etc. etc. Once the whole thing went sour i.e. application knocked back by council (thanks Mr Byrne), Government pulled the pin on the Metro (Barry O'Farrell I seem to recall) - our mate Benny pulled out as well, at least getting away with what he put in - if not more, leaving the BLC holding the bag.

Now I maybe incorrect (sure someone will correct) but that is a very broad precis as I understand it.

All of the dealings wit the BLC has nothing to do with the running or survival of the BDRLFC.
Benny and the developers screwed the Tigers badly, but that line about the Tigers selling the land for $1 is just not true and is used to make them sound worse than they are and is not needed as they are useless and killed the club.

The land was sold for $1 plus the repaying of Balmain's debts, which I may be wrong but I believe were around $20m at the time. So the land was actually sold for $20m.
Correct, though unsure on actual $figure
I'm not sure on the figure either but I seem to recall it being around the $20m mark.

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3020
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 28 Oct, 2018 2:39 pm

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/founda ... 50cdc.html

Foundation club Balmain Tigers in danger of folding

By Adrian Proszenko
28 October 2018 — 2:17pm


There are fresh fears 110-year-old foundation club Balmain Tigers is on the verge of folding after the Balmain Leagues Club (BLC) was officially placed into voluntary administration.

More than a century of sporting history could come to a premature end after the latest drama involving the new owners of the Leagues Club site at Rozelle. Heworth Construction Group had already lent BLC $300,000 and according to Balmain reneged on a commitment to provide a further $300,000 in urgent assistance.
The Balmain Tigers were involved in arguably the greatest grand final, their 1989 loss to Canberra.

The Balmain Tigers were involved in arguably the greatest grand final, their 1989 loss to Canberra.Credit:SMH

Balmain Tigers Rugby League Football Club chairman Dr Leslie Glen said the club had been left “high and dry” after entering into voluntary administration at 2pm on Friday. The BLC, established in 1957, is the only significant source of income for the football club, although there are hopes junior footy programs - including SG Ball and Harold Matthews - won’t be affected in the immediate future.

Balmain already had only a tenuous hold of their 25 per cent share of Wests Tigers. The foundation club must repay a five-year, $2.5 million loan to the NRL in November 2021, although the figure will come to well over $3 million once interest is added.

If it can’t pay back the money, the NRL has the option of putting Balmain’s share on the market, which is expected to be picked up by Wests Ashfield. The hopes of paying back the loan were already extremely slim and now Balmain must launch a fundraiser to immediately raise the $500,000 required to continue its operations.

The BLC clubs at Five Dock and Sydney Markets are currently operating but could be forced to shut down and it remains to be seen if the football club will also be made to go into administration. That could signal the death knell for a proud foundation club that has battled valiantly for survival over the past decade.

“We had no option but to go into VA,” said Glen. “It was an awful moment to tell our staff members that this decision had been made.

“There would be an enormous disappointment throughout the community but the only practical response is to give us much support to the foundation club so that we can get through our immediate difficulties and remain a part of the NRL.”

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29771
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 29 Oct, 2018 11:18 am

Tigers Update

It is with deep regret that I inform you that TIGERS Five Dock was closed down this morning as instructed by the appointed Administrator.
Put simply, Five Dock is not financially viable enough for the Administrator to continue to trade.

TIGERS Sydney Markets will continue to operate as per normal whilst amalgamation discussions take place.

Work will commence with Canada Bay Council to help secure a direct lease for The Family Brasserie, so that they may the opportunity to continue operate their business with minimum disruption.

This is truly a difficult day for all who have ever been associated with the Club and thoughts are with you all.

I would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge the hard work and dedication of the Leagues Club Board. It’s been an honour to have their leadership throughout what has been the hardest period of the Clubs 61 year history. BLC has been truly blessed to have had their commitment and resolve to the end. I can attest that they have left no stone unturned in the quest to save the Club, always putting the staff, the members and stakeholders first. They too will feel this pain for a long time to come.

The Board will now focus on securing the future of our beloved Football Club (BTRLFC).

Post Reply
cron