•  Recent Topics
ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm, Sat 14 May
Venue: ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
Telecast: FoxSports2
senexx

Re: Tigers stats from the game

Post by senexx » Sun 15 May, 2011 5:29 pm

Both sides had a lot of missed tackles in this game but we're continuing a poor defensive effort from the canberra game where we also had too many missed tackles.

In both games, both sides were appalling. Just the end outcome makes the winning team look better than they were.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Sun 15 May, 2011 6:41 pm

boonboon wrote: I think the 4-1 penalty count in the first 30 mins and the 2 dropouts we didn't get back were key moments that cost us the game along with the defence in the centre- I know Marshall missed some but the backrowers need to be their doing the work
I agree with this, we couldn't get into the game because of the penalties, at least one of which was shown to be wrong on the replays. At the end we were near enough to have won with some luck.

On Fulton, the only way he will get consistent attacking metres is if he is used to take the ball up, which is a waste. He is a wide-running forward who did not break the line yesterday. If he is put in the clear a couple of times in the match, he makes 90 metes or so, if not he just gets knocked over and ends up with shocking looking stats.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 15 May, 2011 6:49 pm

At the 60th minute it was utterly predictable that the fresh bench forward would only get 2 more minutes than the winger on the bench.

Capital plan Sheens :roll:

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sun 15 May, 2011 7:01 pm

You`re kidding yourself if you want to rate a players performance off those stats. Yes they are a guide and a lot of the criticism is granted, but it doesn`t tell you how many of those tackles were with the shoulder and how many where arm grabs which are not much better than a missed tackle. It also doesn`t tell you how many of those runs were at full speed causing the defence a problem.
It`s very hard to find a positive, but I thought Ben Murdoch-Masila ran the ball very aggressively and the only player who was a constant threat the the Souths defence. Dwyer wasn`t as good as he has been, but he is still very hard to handle when he gets deep and hits the ball at speed plus he comes up with plenty of dominant tackles which also don`t get noted in the stats. We just need to tell Fifita it`s the second half when starting the game, he seems to be very average in the first half, but always seems to start playing aggressively in the second half.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 16 May, 2011 8:03 am

Dwyer is one of our only forwards who runs onto the ball at speed, but I simply can't believe he plays 80 minutes. He was limping around and still left on...joke.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 16 May, 2011 8:31 am

Paris Cobbs wrote:
boonboon wrote: I think the 4-1 penalty count in the first 30 mins and the 2 dropouts we didn't get back were key moments that cost us the game along with the defence in the centre- I know Marshall missed some but the backrowers need to be their doing the work
I agree with this, we couldn't get into the game because of the penalties, at least one of which was shown to be wrong on the replays. At the end we were near enough to have won with some luck.

On Fulton, the only way he will get consistent attacking metres is if he is used to take the ball up, which is a waste. He is a wide-running forward who did not break the line yesterday. If he is put in the clear a couple of times in the match, he makes 90 metes or so, if not he just gets knocked over and ends up with shocking looking stats.
I think another moment when the tigers finally had some momentum was the repeat set in 69 minute . I got the feeling if could scored off that set we might have gone on to win in the best worst win of the year . A point on that When we used to set up from drop kick hooker used to stand exactly where Sandow kicked the ball .
Where was Farah ?? .

The idea behind it was you wanted the kicker to have to put angle on the short kick which made it harder for kicker and the chasers to judge both the length of the kick and when it would reach 10 metre line . That is difference between us and the top teams .They do the little things 100% right and don't get burnt in the process