2011 has started.

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 29 May
Venue: WIN Jubilee Oval
Telecast: Ch9 Delay
king sirro

2011 has started.

Post by king sirro » Sun 29 May, 2011 5:53 pm

The Wests Tigers have brought the 2011 season to life with their gutsy yet disapointing effort against Saints.

We proved today that with the right attitude, the right team selection, and rep players back from injury, we are the team to beat. Throw in the VERY IMPORTANT factor of getting over our usual mid season "rumours", and we will finish the season stronger than anyone.

I said it in early in the season that we will start slow but finish strong and after today, i think if the right decisions are made, we will deliver.

Fulton was totally dominated and must go unless he's the utility on the bench. And Mitch Brown must never ever play centre again, his defence was sad to watch. Lui actually covered for him thats how bad his defence was.

Cant wait for next week.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Brisbane Tiger

Post by Brisbane Tiger » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:00 pm

Agree mate, as long as we can stay around the bottom of the 8 until we get some stars back we should make a run in the finals.

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:02 pm

king sirro wrote:The Wests Tigers have brought the 2011 season to life with their gutsy yet disapointing effort against Saints.

We proved today that with the right attitude, the right team selection, and rep players back from injury, we are the team to beat. Throw in the VERY IMPORTANT factor of getting over our usual mid season "rumours", and we will finish the season stronger than anyone.

I said it in early in the season that we will start slow but finish strong and after today, i think if the right decisions are made, we will deliver.

Fulton was totally dominated and must go unless he's the utility on the bench. And Mitch Brown must never ever play centre again, his defence was sad to watch. Lui actually covered for him thats how bad his defence was.

Cant wait for next week.

Im very surprised that you are shaming brown when moltzen was ten times worse.Have you seen moltzens defence lately.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:04 pm

2011 started in March. illawarra had 7 players backing up from origin and they still got us.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:06 pm

we made the holes and the plays ,,, we just do not have the pace out wide atm,,,utai,moltz,ayshford and ryan are too slow .....

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:08 pm

tiger tigers wrote:we made the holes and the plays ,,, we just do not have the pace out wide atm,,,utai,moltz,ayshford and ryan are too slow .....
Not acording to the coach there selected every ...every week!

X-Pac

Post by X-Pac » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:11 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:2011 started in March. illawarra had 7 players backing up from origin and they still got us.
creagh,morrin and morris played origin ,could of fooled me :roll

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:13 pm

X-Pac wrote:
AmericanHistoryX wrote:2011 started in March. illawarra had 7 players backing up from origin and they still got us.
creagh,morrin and morris played origin ,could of fooled me :roll
thats why i support queensland - but still werent we fresh?

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:23 pm

magpie mania wrote:
king sirro wrote:The Wests Tigers have brought the 2011 season to life with their gutsy yet disapointing effort against Saints.

Cant wait for next week.

Im very surprised that you are shaming brown when moltzen was ten times worse.Have you seen moltzens defence lately.
Mate, im not rapping Moltzen. Its clear he has all the skills for fullback but not the head for it. But the simple fact is, Brown cost us 2 tries from terrible defence. And he never looked comfortable at all today. Im a fan of Mitch, i called for us to sign him 2 years before we actually did, but a centre he is not and he was made to look a fool today.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:38 pm

The Moltzen bashing has gotten ridiculous. Seriously guys go and have a cold shower and rewatch the game.

And Sirro your right - the game showed a couple of things:-

1. We have the ability especially with more troops on board.
2. Farah is a gun but he comes up with too many poor options and that has to stop if we are any chance.
3. Benji is a weapon.
4. Lui isn't offering much.
5. Our team played with heart and aggression. Heighno & Fifita really put in.

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:44 pm

tiger05 wrote:The Moltzen bashing has gotten ridiculous. Seriously guys go and have a cold shower and rewatch the game.

And Sirro your right - the game showed a couple of things:-

1. We have the ability especially with more troops on board.
2. Farah is a gun but he comes up with too many poor options and that has to stop if we are any chance.
3. Benji is a weapon.
4. Lui isn't offering much.
5. Our team played with heart and aggression. Heighno & Fifita really put in.
x 2 .. remember that was the top 17 for the dragons and granted they had players backing from soo 4 days ago, but its not as if they all played 80 mins either ! the dragons are definately beatable and are no certs for this competition. a similar injury list to the dragons that has plagued the tigers would see them go down the table in a hurry
I dislike sowfs immensely

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:51 pm

Mate Farah set up most of our play today. Without him we wouldnt have got close. You claim that people bash Moltzen...you bash Robbie even though he has been one of our best over the past three weeks when most have been aweful.

Timmy has good speed and is starting to back up play well. However, a good fullback would have stopped the Merrin and Gasnier tries today. His positioning was spot on for both, he got there in time and ... didnt do enough.

I am really surprised that Soward didnt test him with his bombs.

I agree with AHX, next time we play them they will be 30% improved on todays effort.....will we? I'd like to think so but really they were ripe for the plucking today and did us in a canter.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:52 pm

Cant wait for next week.
I pretty much agree with that Sirro. When the troops are back and with that attitude we are still a big chance. Easy to focus on the negatives when all that effort is un-done by school boy errrors but Brown was ordinary today as was one of my favourites Fulton - the others played strong.

alien

Post by alien » Sun 29 May, 2011 6:57 pm

remember we had mckinnon, lawrence, tuqiri, galloway, ellis, payten all out injured. and we only lost by 6 against the team coming first at their home ground.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 29 May, 2011 7:01 pm

remember again - they played two games in one week - well half the team anyway- they still got us - today was supposed to be our day!

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 29 May, 2011 7:01 pm

stryker wrote:Mate Farah set up most of our play today. Without him we wouldnt have got close. You claim that people bash Moltzen...you bash Robbie even though he has been one of our best over the past three weeks when most have been aweful.

Timmy has good speed and is starting to back up play well. However, a good fullback would have stopped the Merrin and Gasnier tries today. His positioning was spot on for both, he got there in time and ... didnt do enough.

I am really surprised that Soward didnt test him with his bombs.

I agree with AHX, next time we play them they will be 30% improved on todays effort.....will we? I'd like to think so but really they were ripe for the plucking today and did us in a canter.
I'm knocking Farah because in the critical moments he is making big mistakes. That will kill us in the big games when it is tight.

As for Moltzen you seem to have actually watched his game today because your criticism is really clutching at straws. I doubt many fullbacks stop those tries. Merrin was missed via Fulton and Gasnier was missed by a lot more players than Moltzen. Mckinnon would have had no chance in stopping either try.

Moltzen has to in the run on team in a critical position because he is a gun. Lui is doing himself no favours but i'd like to see him get back into form because then we have a gun 1,6,7, & 9. What I would like to see happen though doesn't really matter - if Lui keeps his poor form up we need to put Moltzen at 7.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 29 May, 2011 7:05 pm

Yes and we had 6 of our best players out with injury. There is a huge difference between players backing up and players not being there altogether!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sun 29 May, 2011 7:10 pm

with Ellis and tiquiri back next week, we can lose schirnack and utai. utai was awful in defence today and schirnack is not first grade quality. Fulton to be put on notice as Murdoch is getting fitter and better with every match.

have said this in another thread, you beat the dragons with your defence. it was 4 poor reads in defence that cost us the game. we scored enough points.