Benji's unpredictability

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 29 May
Venue: WIN Jubilee Oval
Telecast: Ch9 Delay
Tiger_heart

Benji's unpredictability

Post by Tiger_heart » Sun 29 May, 2011 7:36 pm

Sure, it puts the defence in two minds, but I saw him gesture time and time again for our players to step inside, without necessarily passing them the ball...It must be difficult to play with him in any form of organized structured play..Just an observation. not a criticism.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 29 May, 2011 7:37 pm

lote and lawrence dont have that problem .......

gazroc

Post by gazroc » Sun 29 May, 2011 7:39 pm

He doesn't run straight full stop!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 29 May, 2011 7:42 pm

Tiger_heart wrote:Sure, it puts the defence in two minds, but I saw him gesture time and time again for our players to step inside, without necessarily passing them the ball...It must be difficult to play with him in any form of organized structured play..Just an observation. not a criticism.
He's not waiting for our blokes, hes waiting for the right moment from the defense....as long as theres runners and decoys he has time to do his thing

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sun 29 May, 2011 7:42 pm

tiger tigers wrote:lote and lawrence dont have that problem .......
You think? Anyway, I get the feeling we are waiting on the return of these 2 with the same anxiety we were waiting for Moltzen to return last year...

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 29 May, 2011 7:49 pm

well lote and the tank were at the top of the try scoring list....
i was waiting for moltzs return,,,, at number 7 ,, but we all know that isnt going to happen,,,,

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 30 May, 2011 9:14 am

I feel for Benji. The guy had the Dragons grasping at air in the last 20, but we just don't offer him enough options in attack.

The reason everyone is hanging on for the return of Ellis-Rowdy-Lote is that these 3 know how to run hard into holes. The only uninjured guy who does it right now is Dwyer and he has crossed the chalk a bunch of times as reward, even if he still has some issues on ball control.

So fair enough sometimes Benji runs himself into a corner, but if there is a player in motion he will hit him with the ball. Too many guys yesterday standing still or waiting to be shown where to run, catching the ball flat-footed. Just go hard into a hole and expect to get it!

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Mon 30 May, 2011 9:32 am

Benji was amazing against the dragons. He took the right option I think every time and caused them no end of grief.

We simply need better attacking players giving him options and we are dangerous.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 30 May, 2011 9:40 am

Tiger_heart wrote:Sure, it puts the defence in two minds, but I saw him gesture time and time again for our players to step inside, without necessarily passing them the ball...It must be difficult to play with him in any form of organized structured play..Just an observation. not a criticism.
Golden rule in football . Always expect your getting the ball . If you do, you can convince the opposition your possibly getting the ball and your not thats what Benji is waiting for . Still worried about the Lui as playmaker scenario . Sometimes I think Lui is calling for the ball too often and isn't coping well with being the chief play maker . Something needs to be looked at there .

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 30 May, 2011 9:48 am

Benji put grubber kicks in for no one when he should of passed and he passed when he should of kicked, he ran cross field and backwards stopped and stepped back on himself and went nowhere and you think that is amazing?? The Dragons presented a solid line of defence and Benji had no idea what to do against it.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 30 May, 2011 9:55 am

tiger05 wrote:Benji was amazing against the dragons. He took the right option I think every time and caused them no end of grief.

We simply need better attacking players giving him options and we are dangerous.
He was amazingly BORING.
First option -run wide then turn the ball inside to Dwyer how many times?
Second option - run wide to you're nearly on the sideline then throw it anywhere.
Third option - jump from leg to leg and get tackled.
I don't know what's wrong with him the last 3 games.
Even he admitted the other week he's letting the team down.
It's obvious he misses Ellis and Lawrence but he is supposed to be the BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD.
Like to see a bit of it soon.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 30 May, 2011 9:59 am

cktiger wrote:
tiger05 wrote:Benji was amazing against the dragons. He took the right option I think every time and caused them no end of grief.

He was amazingly BORING.
First option -run wide then turn the ball inside to Dwyer how many times?
Second option - run wide to you're nearly on the sideline then throw it anywhere.
Third option - jump from leg to leg and get tackled.
I don't know what's wrong with him the last 3 games.
Even he admitted the other week he's letting the team down.
It's obvious he misses Ellis and Lawrence but he is supposed to be the BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD.
Like to see a bit of it soon.
Not taking the line on with speed and using his footwork is one of the issues imo

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Mon 30 May, 2011 10:25 am

TIGER wrote:Benji put grubber kicks in for no one when he should of passed and he passed when he should of kicked, he ran cross field and backwards stopped and stepped back on himself and went nowhere and you think that is amazing?? The Dragons presented a solid line of defence and Benji had no idea what to do against it.
Yep - he was fantastic. He caused them no end of grief and looked about 10 classes above Soward and Hornby.

barra

Post by barra » Mon 30 May, 2011 10:43 am

jirskyr wrote:I feel for Benji. The guy had the Dragons grasping at air in the last 20, but we just don't offer him enough options in attack.

So fair enough sometimes Benji runs himself into a corner, but if there is a player in motion he will hit him with the ball. Too many guys yesterday standing still or waiting to be shown where to run, catching the ball flat-footed. Just go hard into a hole and expect to get it!
Exactly. Remember the Dragons defence is the best and he still had them rattled at times.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 30 May, 2011 9:36 pm

barra wrote:
jirskyr wrote:I feel for Benji. The guy had the Dragons grasping at air in the last 20, but we just don't offer him enough options in attack.

Exactly. Remember the Dragons defence is the best and he still had them rattled at times.
Exactly how many times did he have them rattled?
By his own admission he's not playing well.
He sets himself high standards and tries to do too much himself - that's his biggest problem.
I think Farah is falling into the same trap.
Maybe with so many guys that normally run off them absent they don't have the same faith in the replacements.