Lui has to be sacked cant tackle

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7pm, Monday 6 June
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
Dreamers

Re: Lui has to be sacked cant tackle

Post by Dreamers » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 2:52 pm

Mtd ,You are another one that knows nothing about rugby league ,have you ever picked up a football ,Or are you one of those people that just thinks the world is wonderful even all the people in jail ????

Pokies

Post by Pokies » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 3:18 pm

Dreamers wrote:Pokies ,Are you related to Lui ,you must be watching a different game then the rest of us ,Lui is hopeless face the facts
Haha, related to Lui? nah mate not as far as i know.
If you think hes hopeless then we must be watching a different game.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 3:21 pm

It's always interesting hearing what others think of the game.

There was a chap a few rows behind me in the LR Stans upper decks with more grease in his hair the our oil slick enducing ground announcer just giving it to Fulton the entire time he was on and also Lui but praising Moltzen for everything he did.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 3:26 pm

I love the concept that if someone disagrees with you, they obviously know nothing about league and/or are blind to reality. Plenty of strong opinions but not much evidence or statistics.

mtd

Post by mtd » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 3:32 pm

Yossarian wrote:I love the concept that if someone disagrees with you, they obviously know nothing about league and/or are blind to reality.
more often than not in my case its true.. i rock

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 3:33 pm

mtd wrote:
Yossarian wrote:I love the concept that if someone disagrees with you, they obviously know nothing about league and/or are blind to reality.
more often than not in my case its true.. i rock
Well you know what they say about self praise...

tigertye

Post by tigertye » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 3:58 pm

Nothing but a shirt-grabber in defence. Until he learns to lean with the shoulders he should be dropped to NSW Cup. I've been a fan of his although to be honest we have been lacking the spark for weeks now. In my opinion i don't think Moltz is the answer either. Moltzen seems to lack in his organizational skills for mine and i honestly believe Miller may have exactly what we need.

A young fella with a bunch of confidence who isn't afraid to tell the old blokes what to do, has good defence, a wicked step and speed, pretty damn good goalkicker, has a good kicking game and won't hide on the football field. Best of all he is a half back and know's how to direct the play. To my best recollection Lui and Moltz both prefer 5/8 when playing in the halves.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 4:18 pm

Missed 10 tackles last night which must be close to a record. Really needs to improve this side of his game. Funny thing is, he is capable of quite good defence but sometimes he doesn't seem to commit himself as much as he should.

The try Newcastle scored was not his fault. Halves should not be making one-on-one tackles on big forwards on the line but it's a Wests Tigers tradition for this to happen...

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 4:24 pm

paulgeorge wrote:I agree with dumping Lui, but seriously who! have we got to replace him......zippo, the cupbard is bare....that's what happens when we over pay players who don't put in every week and only make an appearence for 15 minutes a game. I seriously should think we should change our strip to black with a silver fern on it.
Mate we have the single most exciting halfback prospect the Tigers have ever had waiting in the wings. It is a matter of when, not if.

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 4:27 pm

A few weeks ago people on here were talking up Lui as Joey, Sterlo and Thursty rolled into 1, now everyone is saying he is no good at all!!

truth is he is a young half, with talent and defiencies, learning his craft

Im worried about his defence but im more worried about our continual poor fith tackle options, and rudderless play. My personal opinion is that he is a bad match for Benji, i would consider making him the reserve back, and playing Moltz at half.

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 4:28 pm

further to my previous post, I think we should tak our time bringing miller on, dont want to be a case of making him do too much too soon

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 4:30 pm

I have to agree, it seems Moltz is going to stay and given Lui's off-field behavior, the fact he is looking around at other clubs, and that we have Miller who looks to be even better, Lui probably should be the one to go IF we need to shed a half.

Marshall, Siro, Miller and Moltz is more than enough depth in the halves.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 4:32 pm

Yoss he maybe shouldnt have been on his own trying to tackle a forward but it was a pitiful effort still.And 10 miss tackles in 1 game he deserves to be punted for that alone.He hasnt been offering to much in attack either lately.

You guys say sheens should make changes and we have a guy thats played 1 decent game all year and you say he needs more time and make excuses for him by sayig ellis should be next to him.

I will be happy either way sheens decides ....hes the expert

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 4:35 pm

Not an excuse in regard to the Ellis idea.

Merely a comparative fact. Look at our right edge in defence and offense as compared with this season.

The big difference is the presence of Ellis. Considering he is being wasted on the left edge it makes utterly no sense to have him out on that side

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 4:58 pm

smeghead wrote:Not an excuse in regard to the Ellis idea.

Merely a comparative fact. Look at our right edge in defence and offense as compared with this season.

The big difference is the presence of Ellis. Considering he is being wasted on the left edge it makes utterly no sense to have him out on that side

smeg cmon mate he has to learn how to tackle.

they will continue to target him while his doing his lazy arm grabs,Against good teams we need everyone pulling their weight.Contributing

And i dont have favourite or hate any of our players and have nothing against him im just getting sick what looks like lack of effort.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 5:00 pm

tiger4ever wrote:Yoss he maybe shouldnt have been on his own trying to tackle a forward but it was a pitiful effort still.And 10 miss tackles in 1 game he deserves to be punted for that alone.He hasnt been offering to much in attack either lately.

You guys say sheens should make changes and we have a guy thats played 1 decent game all year and you say he needs more time and make excuses for him by sayig ellis should be next to him.

I will be happy either way sheens decides ....hes the expert
Agree that the effort was pretty poor but let's face it, 1m out he was unlikely to prevent the try - he tried to put a big should on him which was really his only option - momentum was always going to carry him over the line. Agree that 10 misses is not acceptable but I do agree with others in saying the defence structure could be better planned. How often does Thurston make a one-on-one tackle on a prop in his own 10m?

Apart from last night his missed tackle numbers were acceptable for a half. He should be put on notice but not dropped at this stage. My opinion anyway.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 5:03 pm

yeah you could be right mate but its not the first time he did it against brisbane a pathetic shoulder charge against thaiday and it was near the touchline.....what do we wrap lui up in a bubble

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 5:06 pm

tiger4ever wrote:yeah you could be right mate but its not the first time he did it against brisbane a pathetic shoulder charge against thaiday and it was near the touchline.....what do we wrap lui up in a bubble
Not in a bubble but he should be posted near Fulton or Ellis - i.e. one our better defenders. There were a lot of people who seemed unwilling and/or unable to tackle Thaiday that night including guys who should do a lot better. It wasn't until Gibbs came on and slammed him that he was finally brought under control.