Last Set of 6

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 2pm, Sunday 12 June
Venue: Mt Smart Stadium, Aukland
Telecast: Ch9 4PM LIVE
russelldp

Re: Last Set of 6

Post by russelldp » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:39 pm

Was there a hint of an eye-gouge by Benji on Russell Packer in the full-time scuffle? Only a little one but I hope we don't hear more about it? I'm hoping they are mates and Benji was mucking around but he def did rake his eye...

Posted using RoarFEED

Tigerfansince85

Post by Tigerfansince85 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:09 pm

It all started with the push on Farah on tackle 1 of the last set which should have been a penalty IMHO ... I hate time wasting but after that I thought stuff em just blatantly wind it down and they did. Couldnt believe what I was seeing when Benji ran backwards it was hilarious. He reacted to being shoved into the sponsor signs which was fair enough OK it wasnt a good look but it was better than thumping him which I would have done ...

Golden

Post by Golden » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:58 pm

Anyone remmebe the Adelaide Rams first ever win

chickenkebabs

Post by chickenkebabs » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 9:21 pm

Whatever it takes to get the points. Nice one Benji.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 9:38 pm

i recall about 8 seconds on the clock when benji ran it dead .. i can handle that play ......

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 9:42 pm

Mattie13 wrote:Very smart. I don't know why more teams don't do the same in the same situation. What if he tried to kick it out and shanks it into a Warriors players arms and they score. It's not unsportsman like at all. It is nothing different to kicking it out, just smarter.
Kick it into row H and the defenders can do nothing. Turn your back and run away, someone hits him from behind and he might spill the ball. I know what the safer play is.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 10:04 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:
Mattie13 wrote:Very smart. I don't know why more teams don't do the same in the same situation. What if he tried to kick it out and shanks it into a Warriors players arms and they score. It's not unsportsman like at all. It is nothing different to kicking it out, just smarter.
Kick it into row H and the defenders can do nothing. Turn your back and run away, someone hits him from behind and he might spill the ball. I know what the safer play is.
Short memory....You musta missed his kick a few minutes earlier, Off the side of the boot on halfway and Warriors end up with another chance and great field position.

Moh

Post by Moh » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 10:20 pm

Haha man, that kick. What a shocker.

It's still amazing how much good Benji can do but at the same time how badly he can do one simple thing. If that lost us the game, or if anything did after we came back, I would have actually ended up in tears.

We really needed that. A seriously massive turning point of our season because it's not just a win we got out of it, but much needed confidence and team 'togetherness'.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 10:42 pm

That kick was terrible but he won us the game. As for running it out in my opinion that's the way it goes. It wasn't a dumb play.

Juro

Post by Juro » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 11:07 pm

Would have been better to ground the ball as soon as he got to the in-goal, then tossed the ball over the dead ball line. Remove any chance of getting stripped. Given the 40 seconds given for drop-outs, it is a no-lose situation.

I think if more teams actually did this, it might actually remove the 40 second rule and call time off immediately, which I would generally prefer.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 11:08 pm

Juro wrote:Would have been better to ground the ball as soon as he got to the in-goal, then tossed the ball over the dead ball line. Remove any chance of getting stripped. Given the 40 seconds given for drop-outs, it is a no-lose situation.

I think if more teams actually did this, it might actually remove the 40 second rule and call time off immediately, which I would generally prefer.
I think you can get penalised for tossing the ball away to waste time.
Just grounding the ball wouldve been sufficient

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 11:12 pm

Heads up play. Which is not something you could often say with our mob this year. In fact they could have run the ball backwards and out 3 tackles earlier and sucked up 40 seconds waiting for the restart. I certainly prefer this run it dead play to cut out passes on our own try line.

Adman

Post by Adman » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 11:36 pm

Benji ensured the win, they shoved him out of frustration. Any harder and our 6 could have been injured. Who knows. They can only blame themselves for dropping 22-4 lead.

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 11:52 pm

Non event. Benj did nothing wrong and Lewis brown or who ever it was deserved a reaction. Hey, id have the s*** after leading like that and losing. I have had actually!

Loving benjis agression/passion at the
moment

Posted using RoarFEED
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 12:15 am

innsaneink wrote:Just ground it....same thing as running it dead.
Was screaming that at the stream I was watching haha.... got worried when that Warriors bloke screamed up behind him...
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

AJ*

Post by AJ* » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 12:51 am

I'm glad he took the option of running it over the dead ball line this time. Not like when he tried to throw a cut out pass in the game against the Panthers :shock:

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 12:52 am

innsaneink wrote:
Marshall_magic wrote:
Short memory....You musta missed his kick a few minutes earlier, Off the side of the boot on halfway and Warriors end up with another chance and great field position.
Well give it to Robbie to kick out. I know our kicking game is woeful, but it's not that bad.

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 4:56 pm

Will Benji have to minus 40 metres from his stats as he ran backwards?

Last bloke I saw run that far backwards was Ben Creagh in SOO last year.