McKinnon

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.35pm, Friday 24 June
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: Ch.9 LIVE
Tiger99

Re: McKinnon

Post by Tiger99 » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:51 pm

Tiger05 your opinion is purely based on your love for having Moltzen in the team. Are you Benji?

clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by clokan » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:55 pm

I have to admit he had a shocker, his positional play has bothered me in recent weeks, but he is still our best option, and for anyone who thinks Moltzen is a better option, he may be in the long term but this year when he has been given an opportunity at fullback he hasn't inspired me with confidence, I'd have more faith is my 6 year old under a high bomb than Moltz.

monkey

Post by monkey » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:56 pm

I rate him highly ok he is not the fastest player out there but watch him in our attack always there in support lookin for a short ball and normally he is pretty safe

Posted using RoarFEED

underdog

Post by underdog » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:59 pm

tiger05, you have chastised others for criticising Moltzen after several bad games. It's now round 16, we can't keep blaming the "coming back from injury" on Moltzens bad play.

You are calling for Mckinnon to be gone after one bad game.

That is a horrible double standard champ.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:00 pm

Tiger99 wrote:Tiger05 your opinion is purely based on your love for having Moltzen in the team. Are you Benji?
No I'm better looking and smarter though.

And of course more modest.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:04 pm

underdog wrote:tiger05, you have chastised others for criticising Moltzen after several bad games. It's now round 16, we can't keep blaming the "coming back from injury" on Moltzens bad play.

No you have me wrong here.

I think Moltzen has a tonne of ability. I can see McKinnon isn't up to it and I have been calling for them to be swapped for a while because it seems the right thing to do.

Unfortunately Moltzen hasn't been performing as well as I expect him too however we need to give him time to learn the position. McKinnon is a veteran and hasn't been playing at the level that Moltzen has been at fullback.

To be honest my ideal scenario is now (I like to change my mind) Lawrence to fullback. Sheens won't do that so Moltzen is at least worth a trial.

The main point is however that McKinnon is simply too slow at this level. Against a dud or out of form team he might go alright but in every other situation he isn't up to it.

This is not a Moltzen argument. It's about getting the Tigers a quality no 1 with some speed.

biggest tigers fan

Post by biggest tigers fan » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:06 pm

Moltzen has had his time at fb tigers05 and he was a dud
Number 1 souffs hater

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:08 pm

tiger05 wrote:
underdog wrote:tiger05, you have chastised others for criticising Moltzen after several bad games. It's now round 16, we can't keep blaming the "coming back from injury" on Moltzens bad play.

I think Moltzen has a tonne of ability. I can see McKinnon isn't up to it and I have been calling for them to be swapped for a while because it seems the right thing to do.

Unfortunately Moltzen hasn't been performing as well as I expect him too however we need to give him time to learn the position. McKinnon is a veteran and hasn't been playing at the level that Moltzen has been at fullback.

To be honest my ideal scenario is now (I like to change my mind) Lawrence to fullback. Sheens won't do that so Moltzen is at least worth a trial.

The main point is however that McKinnon is simply too slow at this level. Against a dud or out of form team he might go alright but in every other situation he isn't up to it.

This is not a Moltzen argument. It's about getting the Tigers a quality no 1 with some speed.
I remember Moltzen trial at fullback , its like a recurring nightmare Titans game , Broncos game saw enough thanks mate pass Lets find someone from another club NOW PLEASE MACDONNELL

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:17 pm

happy tiger wrote:I remember Moltzen trial at fullback , its like a recurring nightmare Titans game , Broncos game saw enough thanks mate pass Lets find someone from another club NOW PLEASE MACDONNELL
No problems with that but the McKinnon experiment has to end.

biggest tigers fan

Post by biggest tigers fan » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:19 pm

tiger05 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:I remember Moltzen trial at fullback , its like a recurring nightmare Titans game , Broncos game saw enough thanks mate pass Lets find someone from another club NOW PLEASE MACDONNELL

Mackinnon has been experimented and the results........He is a natural fb
Number 1 souffs hater

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:25 pm

biggest tigers fan wrote:He is a natural fb
No worries. Your right.

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:27 pm

happy tiger wrote:
tiger05 wrote:

I remember Moltzen trial at fullback , its like a recurring nightmare Titans game , Broncos game saw enough thanks mate pass Lets find someone from another club NOW PLEASE MACDONNELL
Please will all of the Moltzen lovers go back and look at his efforts playing fullback. he does not catch high balls, he does not run the ball back when he eventually gets it and he does not understand how to position himself.
He may well be a reasonable NRL- standard half or five-eight, BUT HE IS A VERY ORDINARY FULLBACK!

biggest tigers fan

Post by biggest tigers fan » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:30 pm

tiger05 wrote:
biggest tigers fan wrote:He is a natural fb
No worries. Your right.
99% of people would say im correct on this one :lol:
Number 1 souffs hater

underdog

Post by underdog » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:31 pm

biggest tigers fan wrote:
tiger05 wrote:

Mackinnon has been experimented and the results........He is a natural fb
Thats a bloody long experiment tiger05 - mckinnon has played fullback since 2002! :mrgreen:

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:33 pm

MightyMaggy wrote:He may well be a reasonable NRL- standard half or five-eight, BUT HE IS A VERY ORDINARY FULLBACK!
And still a much better option than McKinnon. Then again your right there are few players who aren't a better option than McKinnon at the back.

Mediocre McKinnon the statue has been killing it.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:33 pm

id even take shannon mac ........over mckinnon ......

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:37 pm

tiger tigers wrote:id even take shannon mac ........over mckinnon ......
A mate at work tells me to never argue with the idiots - they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

You are 100% correct. Unfortunately a lot of posters on here are the people my mate is talking about.

underdog

Post by underdog » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:38 pm

tiger tigers wrote:id even take shannon mac ........over mckinnon ......

id rather Fitzhenry, thanks.