Sheens has lost the dressing room........

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.30PM, Friday 8 July
Venue: Parramatta Stadium, Parramatta
Telecast: Ch.9
bob56

Re: Sheens has lost the dressing room........

Post by bob56 » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 10:08 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:The coach is a disgrace. The players have never liked him. The CEO is a bigger disgrace. He is a liar. He is inept. These two will drive this club to disintegration. Sheens will never get sacked as long as he stacks Balmain with the NRL players. He knows, as long as he does the Balmain side of the JV will always want him.
x2 we have been lied to & totally misled. We were told it was the players wanting to leave, but no esp. with Moltz now also going. So what team moral?

Nix

Post by Nix » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 10:30 pm

There is no team morale. The season is gone.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 10:54 pm

the dressing room was lost at the last leichhardt game ....players nearly came to blows and there was heated arguments aimed at the coach ... this will be denied but it came from inside the room by a certain player who will remain nameless ... the players dont want a bar of sheens anymore.....

willow

Post by willow » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 11:01 pm

This link contains Sheens interview on ABC Grandstand:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011 ... ugbyleague

Nix

Post by Nix » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 11:01 pm

tiger tigers wrote:the dressing room was lost at the last leichhardt game ....players nearly came to blows and there was heated arguments aimed at the coach ... this will be denied but it came from inside the room by a certain player who will remain nameless ... the players dont want a bar of sheens anymore.....
Not unlike this forum tonight in many of the threads, members turning on members, mods warning people about attacking other members. Going to be a long night for mods.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 11:04 pm

Then how come they did everything they could to have him resigned?

And Ink you play with your mates and you play for your mates. If you put in a performance like that then can you seriously expect to receive your $400,000 a year? I see no difference between a business and a pro footy team at all. Everyone dislikes aspects of their job but they roll up their sleeves and get on with it.

You are protecting a section of the team that have underachieved for years and have been allowed to get away with it. This has not suddenly happened at the club, but has rather been a slow progression over a number of seasons.

Making massive changes is a gamble.....but so is continuing with players that have not achieved in the past.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 11:05 pm

hahahahahahaha we always want to blame each other after a loss ...lol....thats part of the fun ,,, imo as long as you can give a bit and take a bit back .. it helps relieve the pain of a loss when you give it to somebody ....
im actually over the loss now ..........

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 11:08 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:
Making massive changes is a gamble.....but so is continuing with players that have not achieved in the past.
Would these players that have not achieved in the past be the same ones that took us to within a point of playing in last year's Grand Final by any chance?

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 11:09 pm

yes Tigersmurf but there shouldn;t have had to be massive changes.
a half decent coach wouldn;t have let it get to the stage where all these massively overprotected players had to be told 'well, actually, the re4sults you've been getting have been rubbish for so long i now can;t protect my own job by continuing to protect yours. you have to all go because i certainly ain't.'
Over the last few years a decent coach would have actually made form have something to do with whether or not you get picked on the weekend and re-signed at the end of your contract.
Because he hasn;t sacked or dropped anyone it's all happening at once and that has completely destroyed the team. For how long? Who knows.
We're stuffed.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 11:11 pm

softlaw wrote:We're stuffed.
That I agree with.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 11:14 pm

I agree Softlaw, guys need to be sacked and put in their place. I am even crankier now after listening to Sheens on ABC Grandstamd with his talk about sticking together and working through it and we did a lot of good things...........

Some of those guys aren't playing to first grade standard. Others in State Cup should be given a shot to see how they go.

But we have to remember that they havent let everyone go. It seems that way because of all the rumour and innuendo but I am sure they considered it long and hard. And if some players asked to negotiate with other clubs because they were sulking then so be it.....

Our club/s have been around for 100 years and are bigger than any player.

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 11:22 pm

willow wrote:This link contains Sheens interview on ABC Grandstand:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011 ... ugbyleague

That interview = wow.

No anger..........passive...........lots of "stay relaxed"......great if you're a Doctor councelling a 65 year old with a terminal illness, but this bloke is a footy coach. Fire up for........show some passion.

:wtf :evil:

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 11:23 pm

softlaw wrote:yes Tigersmurf but there shouldn;t have had to be massive changes.
a half decent coach wouldn;t have let it get to the stage where all these massively overprotected players had to be told 'well, actually, the re4sults you've been getting have been rubbish for so long i now can;t protect my own job by continuing to protect yours. you have to all go because i certainly ain't.'
Over the last few years a decent coach would have actually made form have something to do with whether or not you get picked on the weekend and re-signed at the end of your contract.
Because he hasn;t sacked or dropped anyone it's all happening at once and that has completely destroyed the team. For how long? Who knows.
We're stuffed.
Well said.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 11:29 pm

Telling Heighno "you're not big enough"..................after years of coaching him, overseeing his entire career, convincing him not to go to Bennet and a premiership..............and after he's been in your top two forwards for 24 months in a row...........says it all about Sheens and his "man management" skills.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 11:36 pm

Has Tim had a Seniors moment and not been able to thelocate the dressing room It can't of gone too far Tim ?? Seriously though he has lost the dressing room . He lost them to Cronulla , Saint George , Brisbane etc

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 11:38 pm

sterlo and joey were just discussing the disharmony in the club and that sheens denied it at after match press conference and that it was very heated press conference.....not good.

1974semifinal

Post by 1974semifinal » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 11:50 pm

I thought that I must be the only WT supporter who did not think that Teflon Tim was God. I have wanted TT out for at least 3 years and was very disappointed when he was resigned. He and Humphreys are running this show and it has been handled disgracefully. I have read the posts on this subject and agree with just about all and it is good to see that other people do not blindly follow and agree with management decisions, but I do not see much changing, TT is the most stubborn man in the club and as someone else said he has the ego to match.

watersider

Post by watersider » Sat 09 Jul, 2011 12:01 am

I like Sheens attitude in the interview. For the coach, the media is not the right forum to critique the play of his players. I also like that he is looking to be positive with his players.

His point is that there was a lot of mistakes in the game tonight, but he doesn't want them to stop throwing the passes. Instead, he wants better decision making. Now, training is one thing but decision making in a match is a very different beast. The last thing you want to do is fracture a player's confidence and make him question his decision making.

Sheens wasn't positive about the match tonight, but he's right to avoid being too heavy handed in his criticism.

As usual, the forum has gone nuts because we can't handle bad form. If you've follow a side for more than five seconds you learn that chopping and changing a side is never a positive step.

In 2004 we got flogged two games in a row by 50 points to St. George and the Roosters. The game after those matches he left the side virtually unchanged. A year later that side went on to win the premiership. Not getting caught up in media hype and being patient with players is exactly why sheens has won premierships and stuck around.

Your ideas for change are poorly thought out and would do little for this side. The usual hyperbole and misspent anger on here is growing tiresome.