ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.30pm Saturday 16 July
Venue: Dairy Farmers Stadium, Townsville
Telecast: Fox Sports
GNR4LIFE

Re: Thoughts on Lui

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 17 Jul, 2011 2:28 am

micko252 wrote:GNR4LIFE 10.38pm Sun 10 Jul
what about after the Warriors game when they were stranded in Auckland,and they come out and said that being stranded was a 'blessing in disguise' and it brought them 'closer together',and will have a positive affect? pfft all talk and no action

Yeah really positive

Posted using RoarFEED
if memory serves,that was in a thread in regards to Robbie Farah coming out saying that their season started against Parra and that the time was now to make a move.I was simply giving an example of how in the past saying something like that didn't neccessarily mean much.Hardly consider that 'hijacking' a thread
FAIL

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 17 Jul, 2011 5:03 am

still not really happy with his game, it was improved, let's see if that continues on

magpie2tiger

Post by magpie2tiger » Sun 17 Jul, 2011 6:47 am

Yeah he is very down on confidence.I think he'll come good.Remember heis still green.He did play a vital part in our campaigne last year .comin youTiges

Posted using RoarFEED

spearby

Post by spearby » Sun 17 Jul, 2011 7:55 am

i just wish he would look where he is kicking last night he had one long outstanding kick most of the time straight to matt bowen . please kick to the seagulls

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 17 Jul, 2011 8:01 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
micko252 wrote:GNR4LIFE 10.38pm Sun 10 Jul
what about after the Warriors game when they were stranded in Auckland,and they come out and said that being stranded was a 'blessing in disguise' and it brought them 'closer together',and will have a positive affect? pfft all talk and no action

Yeah really positive

Posted using RoarFEED
if memory serves,that was in a thread in regards to Robbie Farah coming out saying that their season started against Parra and that the time was now to make a move.I was simply giving an example of how in the past saying something like that didn't neccessarily mean much.Hardly consider that 'hijacking' a thread
FAIL
We lost our next three games after that so really nothing wrong with the comment.
Life is not all pixies, rainbows and fairy bread micko.... things go wrong, things dont work and at times we play crap.....sorry if you dont like ppl talking about it.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 17 Jul, 2011 8:08 am

alien wrote:lui and moltzen had average games. moltzen hasnt shown much this year because he has been out of position most of the year. lui hasnt shown much this year because he hasnt been up to firstgrade standard
hmmm we just beat one of the top 4 side up in townsville.. yes minus thurston...by 20 and you think our 7 and 1 played average....they didnt play like superstars but they were better than average last night .

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 17 Jul, 2011 8:26 am

Lui should be persevered with as he has heaps of ability. He still looks like a kid to me...well, let's face it, he is. I think he will continue to improve in 2011 and will be a future star for us.

tigertales

Post by tigertales » Sun 17 Jul, 2011 8:35 am

happy tiger wrote:He will get picked next week but probably shouldn't Took a heap of bad options in attack The pass to Fulton was just plain stupidity . Dropped kick off benefit of the doubt due to slippery conditions . His defence seemed improved tonight . I just lack confidence in him and cringe every time he touched the ball now
You and Daley should watch the game a bit closer. That pass to Fulton was on the last when he tried to take the line on and got caught what was he suppose to do die with the ball. He was ok tonight, not good just ok and he is our best option at the moment.

meltiger69

Post by meltiger69 » Sun 17 Jul, 2011 8:49 am

Lui still far from being a good. Although happy we got the win, it was far from convincing. Alot of luck went our way which flattered our scoreline. Still not 'happy Jan'. Hopefully, they can build on this and make something of the rest of the season. C'mon Tigers!

Posted using RoarFEED

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Sun 17 Jul, 2011 8:56 am

Thought he had a really good game last night, was strong in defence, ran the ball to the line, kicfking was great and despite what some make believe on here most if not all of his kicks were good and found open space. He busted tackles, through some nice passes and the offload that went forward was unlucky as his arm got hit just as he was throwing it - if it hadn't we would have been away. Definatly our best option at half and will be for a long time - I can see him developing into one of the best halves in the game and with a better pre-season next year not injured or facing court then I think he will have a great year next year

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sun 17 Jul, 2011 9:06 am

micko252 wrote:Gnr4life all u do on here is whinge!! I've never read a post nor comment from you that was supportive!! No I'm not saying where above anyone so as to your comment I typed rabbitohs as they where the first that popped in my head. I'm sick of seeing u hijack every post with your snide and sinister remarks!! U and alot of others on here to be fair!! FFS do u love or hate the tigers? Coz all I read is hate

Posted using RoarFEED
Decent spray! I think people on here including me just get frustrated at the performances week in week out from this side. Even last night they didn't play that great. I do think Benji played with confidence which is a good sign. I would still sway hip any day for either Cronk, Slater or Smith. Actually I would sway Farah and Marshall for Cameron Smith.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 17 Jul, 2011 9:27 am

Better tonight, you can see his confidence gradually improving. Not much different to last year when he continued to improve throughout the year as his confidence improved.

Just thought a few times tonight they got their wires mixed. Tactic was to kick to get the wingers back and then run on the 5th - just thought they tried it at the wrong times with no enough depth in attack. Seemed like he was surprised to get the ball at times.

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Sun 17 Jul, 2011 10:48 am

I was happy when he was tackled on 4th because he wouldn't be involved on the last! He wasn't horrible, but he needs to step up to make the 8.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 17 Jul, 2011 11:48 am

His attack was patchy, some poor decisions, but he seemed alot better defensively last night.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 18 Jul, 2011 8:57 am

Ive been critical of Lui all year, but thought he played well on saturday.

Him and benji controlled the game well and in the most part finished of our sets well enough.

Lui is not perfect, but if turns in what he did last night each week, ill be happy.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 18 Jul, 2011 9:00 am

Goose wrote:Ive been critical of Lui all year, but thought he played well on saturday.

Him and benji controlled the game well and in the most part finished of our sets well enough.

Lui is not perfect, but if turns in what he did last night each week, ill be happy.
Hope you mean less the stupid play straight after half time and the dropped kick off

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 18 Jul, 2011 9:03 am

tigertales wrote:
happy tiger wrote:He will get picked next week but probably shouldn't Took a heap of bad options in attack The pass to Fulton was just plain stupidity . Dropped kick off benefit of the doubt due to slippery conditions . His defence seemed improved tonight . I just lack confidence in him and cringe every time he touched the ball now
You and Daley should watch the game a bit closer. That pass to Fulton was on the last when he tried to take the line on and got caught what was he suppose to do die with the ball. He was ok tonight, not good just ok and he is our best option at the moment.
Have to agree with you Tigertales. Fulton was the one who butchered the pass to the outside man (Ayshford IIRC.)

I thought it was good thinking from Lui TBH, Ayshford breaks tackles fairly well, and if he did he would have been away.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 18 Jul, 2011 9:20 am

tigertales wrote:
My point is your coach had just told him to play a simple game plan (which the sideline eye said straight after Tonga scored). So how does he respond .
Instead of drilling the ball into the corner in wet conditions and make the Cowboys earn there way out of there own half ,he decides to run the ball on the last and then throws a pass that puts the next player (not a noted kicker ) under more pressure .
Is that what you want our playmaker doing when you are up by eight in the pouring rain when you are sitting on a 3 game losing stretch Tigertales and CB . Common sense says NO .