Can someone please shoot Daley

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.30 PM, Saturday 23 July
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FOX SPORTS 2
dazza65

Re: Can someone please shoot Daley

Post by dazza65 » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 10:35 pm

Mt Warrigal Tiger wrote:As a rugby league fan first an foremost Laurie daley really was a blight on the game tonight.I admit i am tigers through and through fan,and am tigers biggest critic when watching games!onlt because i know how talented the players we have this year are,but to have a fox sports commentator talk about one side(the roosters) for basically 80 minutes an talk down about the tigers was pathetic.It was quite blatant either daley dislikes the tigers or has backed the roosters to win the game,but as a paying customer to the broadcast i beleive he was quite disrespectful to not only the wests tigers team but to the fans in general with his forth right views .....anyone agree?or did i jus hear things different?
What he said......that is all.
----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 10:37 pm

alien wrote:
tiger05 wrote:I wasn't saying that Daley was a good commentator. He sounded like a moron.

The issue is that he sounds like less of a moron than anyone who rates McKinnon above Moltzen as a fullback. Moltzen saved us a try tonight - if McKinnon was there the roosters score and there is a chance we lose.

When I say he sounds like less of a moron than anyone who rates McKinnon over Moltzen at fullback let me be clear that that was probably the worst commentary I have heard in a long time.
why do you keep this up. u already admitted that u r trolling about moltzen. :lol:
DROP IT!!!

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 10:38 pm

alien wrote:
tiger05 wrote:I wasn't saying that Daley was a good commentator. He sounded like a moron.

The issue is that he sounds like less of a moron than anyone who rates McKinnon above Moltzen as a fullback. Moltzen saved us a try tonight - if McKinnon was there the roosters score and there is a chance we lose.

When I say he sounds like less of a moron than anyone who rates McKinnon over Moltzen at fullback let me be clear that that was probably the worst commentary I have heard in a long time.
why do you keep this up. u already admitted that u r trolling about moltzen. :lol:
Partly trolling because of the over the top comments against Moltzen.

But seriously my post there is 100% correct. The anti-Moltzen spammers look really stupid now. Its probably another week where they won't admit they were wrong but whatever. One good thing is that stupidity isn't contagious.

White Tiger

Post by White Tiger » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 10:48 pm

What's with him calling the Roosters "we"..

Posted using RoarFEED

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 10:49 pm

He was terrible tonight (Laurie Daley that is). His bias was just embarrassing at times. My highlight was when he insisted that Carney's pass wasn't forward. Every penalty for the Tigers was "a bit hard on the Roosters". My runner-up highlight was when one referee ruled a dropped ball and the other gave the Roosters a penalty. Laurie was happy with that because the guy giving the penalty was the in charge referee. And here I was thinking the priority was more on getting the decision right.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 10:51 pm

White Tiger wrote:What's with him calling the Roosters "we"..

Posted using RoarFEED
Yeah I was startled by that too. If the Rooster won he was probably going to go down and sing the club song with them.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 10:52 pm

tiger05 wrote:
alien wrote:

Partly trolling because of the over the top comments against Moltzen.

But seriously my post there is 100% correct. The anti-Moltzen spammers look really stupid now. Its probably another week where they won't admit they were wrong but whatever. One good thing is that stupidity isn't contagious.
Stick to the topic and get off your high horse. Moltzen saved a try which was good to see from a fullback but he made a whopping 38 metres in attack.

Back to topic, Daley's commentary and clear bias was embarassing.

joe's magpies

Post by joe's magpies » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 10:55 pm

Daley was irretating we his bias towards the Roosters. He hates the Tigers simple as that. Thank god we have 4 channel 9 games coming up and we do not have to listen to the dropkick commentate.

Long Distance Tiger

Post by Long Distance Tiger » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 10:59 pm

Just got home from the game and settled in with a bottle of celebratory bubbly to watch the game which we IQ'd. 3 mins in and he's giving us the s@!#*s already

Posted using RoarFEED

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 11:09 pm

Long Distance Tiger wrote:Just got home from the game and settled in with a bottle of celebratory bubbly to watch the game which we IQ'd. 3 mins in and he's giving us the s@!#*s already

Posted using RoarFEED
Strap yourself in LDT - in only gets worse...

alien

Post by alien » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 11:13 pm

just dont throw anything at the tv at him! he isnt worth it!

underdog

Post by underdog » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 11:17 pm

Posted using RoarFEED

x 3 I heard that too and thought I was hearing things!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 11:26 pm

His timing's poor too.
Had to laugh, the Roosters had done something good, but at the moment the camera was on a Rooster player injured being attended to by a trainer and he comes out with "This is what the Roosters need more of....." LOL

alien

Post by alien » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 11:43 pm

tiger05 wrote: All I have said is Daley looks smarter than the anti-Moltzen spammers at the moment and its the truth.
i am not anti moltzen. i am just anti moltzen at fullback

1. brown
7. moltzen

agree???

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 11:57 pm

Are you fools really that dense?
Start another thread.

Tigermac

Post by Tigermac » Sat 23 Jul, 2011 11:59 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:as long as they save a bullet for Raymond i'm happy

Yep, my hatred for Andy Raymond intensified during the Tigers/Canberra semi final last year !!

When Canberra got that penalty for Dwyers tackle he said it was justice for the hit the week before on that
hypenated roosters player :x :x

The groan when croker missed THAT goal was music to my ears. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was at the game today so I missed the commentary, it must have been bad as I have never seen so many complaints on all the forums !!

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 12:30 am

Just watched the game...and truly I don't even hear Daley's dribble. It is just like an annoying dripping tap.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 24 Jul, 2011 2:54 am

underdog wrote:

Posted using RoarFEED

x 3 I heard that too and thought I was hearing things!
thats just his idiotic style of commentating.He alwayz refers to teams as if he's apart of them,putting himself in their shoes.He over thinks everything,and dissects every little thing,the most minor situations.
you could play a drinking game to how many times he uses the word 'energy' or the term 'his team'
his problem is that he tries so so hard to be like Gus,its who he models himself on
but the problem is Daley just goes on and on about things no1 gives a toss about
seriously,who cares about how much energy a guy has or how much leg speed he has