Manly Salary cap issue

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Harvey

Re: Manly Salary cap issue

Post by Harvey » Thu 14 Dec, 2017 5:28 pm

My understanding is that most of the now contentious Manly TPA,s had NRL approval. So can we deregister all involved at the NRL, including Greenberg?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 12:37 am

Geo. wrote:
Thu 14 Dec, 2017 2:12 pm
TPA's must have NRL approval now...I don't know what people don't get...the legal one's are fine ..a player has a right to earn off their own brand/image..

The dodgy one's alleged here at Manly and at Parra in 2015 are not..would not have been registered with the NRL..hence the BREACH notices..
The problem for me is how many are 100 % legal

How many are pre planned by the club without any links to player managers ??

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 7:48 am

The only way to pinch players on dodgy* TPA's is to work with the ATO. Not sure how kosher that is or what legal hurdles you'll encounter trying to access that information. NRL might be able to find some sort of argument if they are protecting integrity of the game. Who knows...

*Dodgy club organised TPA's with club associated third parties that are off the books.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

4jtigers
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by 4jtigers » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 10:14 am

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 12:37 am
Geo. wrote:
TPA's must have NRL approval now...I don't know what people don't get...the legal one's are fine ..a player has a right to earn off their own brand/image..

The dodgy one's alleged here at Manly and at Parra in 2015 are not..would not have been registered with the NRL..hence the BREACH notices..

The plot thickens - when are they going to look into the Roosters, Rabbits and Storms books? The boats, the cars, what else? Free coffee, etc etc etc.
Old Ways won't Open New Doors – author uknown

barra

Post by barra » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 4:27 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Dec, 2017 12:37 am
Geo. wrote:

And that, Hap, is why the system is broken!