NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Fade To Black

Re: HOW RIGGED IS THE NRL

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 24 Jul, 2018 12:12 am

hank37w wrote:
Mon 23 Jul, 2018 10:09 pm
Mac wrote:
Mon 23 Jul, 2018 11:53 am
I don't buy into the rigged hypothesis but can someone tell me why referees are advised of the penalty count during the game? I can't think of one reason that a referee would want to know the count mid-game unless there is a desire from above that the count not be a blowout either way.

Make the calls on what you see and let the penalty count be what it is.
The thing that really bugs me is when they even up a penalty count after the game is virtually gone.
Spot on. Turned the Broncos v Panthers game on the telly with 10 minutes to go before halftime and within 5 minutes the Panthers received 6 penalties. Was thinking to myself "geez the Broncos never get caned in the penalty count like this at Suncorp- they must have got plenty of penalties in the 1st 30 minutes". Low and behold when they showed the penalty count at halftime break it was 6-6, so the Broncos started the game with the 1st 6 penalties, that is a handy leg-up in any game. Probably a major factor as to why the score was 30-nil or whatever it was midway through the 1st half.

Bottom line is that it is the same teams year after year that get games decided against them with hideous refereeing decisions. Cannot remember any diabolical refereeing decisions costing Broncos, Storm, Roosters, Souths important games at all over the last 6-7 years. It doesn't happen.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 24 Jul, 2018 4:01 am

Kerry Cogger wrote:
Mon 23 Jul, 2018 10:13 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 23 Jul, 2018 7:40 pm
Kerry Cogger wrote:
Mon 23 Jul, 2018 7:36 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 23 Jul, 2018 5:47 am

Hah!
As I expected, the only figure he came back with is 0
Not wasting my time with you two bums.
Thats OK...you can run away, we'll still pull you up on your BS
How those figures re: the 90/10s?
Lets see the definitive details
The proof is in the last 20 years of Rugby League.If you cant see that not my problem.You don't want facts you just want to get into 2 year old skirmishes.Im not into that crap.
Hah!
The last 20 years?
I see 75% of the teams in the comp winning the premiership at least once
If youre saying its rigged so everyone gets one....but naah, repointing to a handful
where figures show otherwise, suggesting only a few get it all
Wipe your chin mate Image youre speaking too much crap..

Kerry Cogger

Post by Kerry Cogger » Tue 24 Jul, 2018 8:09 am

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 24 Jul, 2018 4:01 am
Kerry Cogger wrote:
Mon 23 Jul, 2018 10:13 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 23 Jul, 2018 7:40 pm
Kerry Cogger wrote:
Mon 23 Jul, 2018 7:36 pm

Not wasting my time with you two bums.
Thats OK...you can run away, we'll still pull you up on your BS
How those figures re: the 90/10s?
Lets see the definitive details
The proof is in the last 20 years of Rugby League.If you cant see that not my problem.You don't want facts you just want to get into 2 year old skirmishes.Im not into that crap.
Hah!
The last 20 years?
I see 75% of the teams in the comp winning the premiership at least once
If youre saying its rigged so everyone gets one....but naah, repointing to a handful
where figures show otherwise, suggesting only a few get it all
Wipe your chin mate Image youre speaking too much crap..
Hmmm intelligent post.How bout you show me some stats to prove otherwise.As I write this we are 4pts outside the 8 from the Broncos.Remember that game at Campbelltown against them where we were absolutely dudded(not my words but the wider rugby league community)against Brisbane.We would now be level with them.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Tue 24 Jul, 2018 9:05 am

Biggest problem the NRL has is the perception the game is rigged.
You even look at some of these new betting options where if you back sides leading by a certain amount of points, or leading at halftime, you still get paid if they lose.
Every time this happens someone points out the turnaround of penalties or poor ref decisions.
I can't recall so many different supporters saying somethings rotten than this year.
Unfortunately the NRL is very poorly run at the moment - and has been for quite some time.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 24 Jul, 2018 9:16 am

Haha yeah the rigged broncos game where the refs boss admitted they made an error.
Rigging something generally includes subterfuge and deception.
Go see a doctor your paranoia is pretty severe

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 24 Jul, 2018 9:22 am

cktiger wrote:
Tue 24 Jul, 2018 9:05 am
Biggest problem the NRL has is the perception the game is rigged.
You even look at some of these new betting options where if you back sides leading by a certain amount of points, or leading at halftime, you still get paid if they lose.
Every time this happens someone points out the turnaround of penalties or poor ref decisions.
I can't recall so many different supporters saying somethings rotten than this year.
Unfortunately the NRL is very poorly run at the moment - and has been for quite some time.
I don't think it is deliberately rigged, that is to say I don't think Greenturd is sitting on his throne at NRL HQ with a direct link to the referees instructing them to determine outcomes. Certain teams do appear to have questionable calls that ultimately determine the outcome of a close game in their favour, as do teams that have those calls routinely go against them.

The one thing that has annoyed me this year is that certain games there seems to be a two speed ruck. One team is policed differently to the other. I have felt that we have been victims of this ourselves.

Two referees compounds this also, two referees with two different interpretations which results in inconsistent decision making.

I could cop ref errors if we went back to one ref, removed video assistance and took the ear piece off the referee. Leave him out there on his own for 80 minutes to call the game the way he sees it and without being able to ask what the penalty count is, for mine there is absolutely no reason for a referee to need to ask that question.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Tue 24 Jul, 2018 10:23 am

I am not saying there is widespread corruption in the NRL but perceived soft policing of the cap in regards to some clubs and farcical decisions by the match officials seemingly favouring the same clubs is definately leaving some people very disallusioned with the game.
Rugby League is a wonderful product that unfortunately is being tarnished by poor administration.

Tarl

Post by Tarl » Tue 24 Jul, 2018 2:25 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Mon 23 Jul, 2018 10:47 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 23 Jul, 2018 10:43 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Mon 23 Jul, 2018 10:34 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 23 Jul, 2018 10:29 pm

Yeah but the post match reactions of the Toovey's , Haslers ,Stuarts , Bellamy's ,Bennett's etc are why they end up winning penalty counts

Shouldn't happen but refs are human and their employment is the biggest importance to themselves when push comes to shove

Who would you rather comes hunting you post match as a ref , Toov's or IC ??
Much rather have to talk to Ivan :lol: Toovey would be a bit much and the conversation would be unproductive.

Yep refs are human and will respond to and reflect on things especially if they are in their face in the media. Maybe the media should give them more positive feedback when they are doing well and it might reinforce what they should be doing.
They reffed the rules as we asked and got shot down by all and sundry

Again don't blame the refs /administration , players and coaches look at a new rule and first thing they try and do is rort it to their own advantage

That is where many of the games problems stem from

The Canberra game was shocking don't get me wrong , but some common sense was needed , by someone

Even if they had ruled a 10 metre scrum to the Sharks , I could have lived with that
100% agree I was a big supporter of how they reffed the game early in the year and was hoping the coaches and players would adapt but the league blinked first.

Flag up in the Cronulla game should have been a scrum. The touchie panicked and didn’t own up to his mistake on the spot - if he does the right call occurs.
Agreed. And interesting how a team like Storm lost 3 out of the first 5 games when the refs where being sticklers, then go on a winning streak when the refs/admin flipped. Some teams know how to play the 'game' and get away with it. Case in point, Cam Smith laying all over the ruck against the Warriors on the weekend and not one penalty...

willow

Post by willow » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 7:32 am

This thread is on its last legs before I close it - Cogger and Ink - Settle down as I won't ask again.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 8:22 am

Funny listening to Kent and Rothfield talking about the refereeing last night on 360

Claims that they are being told everything on the run

Penalty counts , players back 10 metres , when 4 penalties in a row against a side have occurred

No wonder the poor buggers are confused

And the fact that a demotion is classed as reffing the Warriors v Titans game please ......

Surely a demotion is reffing the Wests v Manly ISP game this weekend at the very least

Kerry Cogger

Post by Kerry Cogger » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:51 am

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:53 pm
Kerry Cogger wrote:
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:32 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:27 pm
Kerry Cogger wrote:
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:10 pm

What part did you find funny?
Realising you're serious

Realising I'm Right is months down the track for you it seems.Difference between you and me is I'm gonna do something about this crap while you just continue to sarcastically rip a fan of the same team while we get well and truly F'd over.Ever seen a team told your not the home team this week Souths are now give Sutton everything he wants.This was basically the words from our own CEO a little earlier in the week.
LMAO yeah mate you're right.
What you gonna do about it hey? :lol:
https://www.smh.com.au/

trafford10

Post by trafford10 » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 8:44 am

How did it get to a stage were the refs are in fact a law unto themselves.
They decide who wins games and in fact who plays finals.
The NRL is a joke of an organisation, corrupt to the core.
You blokes have copped it bad this season, like the game against Brisbane when the ref handed the game to Brisbane, who was the ref there Cummings? Those two points would be handy about now.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 9:06 am

Kerry Cogger wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:51 am
innsaneink wrote:
Kerry Cogger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:27 pm

Realising you're serious

Realising I'm Right is months down the track for you it seems.Difference between you and me is I'm gonna do something about this crap while you just continue to sarcastically rip a fan of the same team while we get well and truly F'd over.Ever seen a team told your not the home team this week Souths are now give Sutton everything he wants.This was basically the words from our own CEO a little earlier in the week.
Barnaby Joyce?
K

Kerry Cogger

Post by Kerry Cogger » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 5:53 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 9:06 am
Kerry Cogger wrote:
Fri 03 Aug, 2018 8:51 am
innsaneink wrote:
Kerry Cogger wrote:

Barnaby Joyce?
K

Original link was Matt Cecchin.LOL.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 5:58 pm

So Matt checchin quitting = you doing something about this crap

Okaaay

Kerry Cogger

Post by Kerry Cogger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:32 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 5:58 pm
So Matt checchin quitting = you doing something about this crap

Okaaay

Not me but the voices of many.I am on this forum to help Wests tigers and the game of NRL rise not get into a verbal stoush with someone who has the mental age of a 7 year old.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Thu 09 Aug, 2018 6:16 pm

It's not rigged but I can't explain how some of the forward passes I've seen from the Broncos (both against the Cowboys) got missed.

I'm talking 5m forward passes right in front of the touchie, so forward that even if the touchie was blind he'd know it was forward by the sound of the crowd alone.

69-05-41

Post by 69-05-41 » Sun 12 Aug, 2018 8:04 pm

During the season #penaltybronco$ had most of their games on Thursdays or Fridays, yet in round 26 they play a rare 4pm Sunday game. If WT's remain in contention points differential could be the deciding factor. WT's play on Thursday. If WT's lose, Broncos get a "bye" resting players going into the finals. If WT's win, Broncos get the advantage of knowing what margin they require to make the finals. These games should be played simultaneously, otherwise the NRL is gifting a certain team a big advantage. Coincidence?
"It is what it is" - Sharon, 2017