happy tiger

Re: Cronulla Sharks being investigated over possible salary cap breaches

Post by happy tiger » Thu 13 Dec, 2018 10:32 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 13 Dec, 2018 9:20 pm
Storm stripped of premierships
Sharks implicated either side of their premiership
What have we learned............

Meanwhile another fan walks away from the game, And another, and another....
It makes you wonder if the Sharks have had it with Flanagan ......purposely left him out to dry so to speak

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Thu 13 Dec, 2018 11:07 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 13 Dec, 2018 8:22 pm
I think flanno will cop a 2/3 year suspension...deserves 5 or more for his blatant disregard for the entity that provides him with such a lifestyle many can only dream of
So true and I bet he didn’t even finish year 10....

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 13 Dec, 2018 11:36 pm

Todd's a soft..nevermind
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 1:07 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 13 Dec, 2018 5:37 pm
Further proves how incompetent the NRL are. Only stumbled on this because of a different concern and that the Sharks were too stupid to cover their tracks.

Another smoking gun handed to them and the best they'll do is shoot themselves with it.
100%. There are some briliant investigative minds roaming NRL HQ :roll: :brick: Plenty of us nuffies on here managed to put 2 and 2 together to work out Flanagan was doing the shonky when he managed to put together a new multiple-year contract with Cronulla whilst he was supposedly banned from all contact with the club. It was as obvious as a pair of dog's balls yet the geniuses of the NRL were seemingly oblivious until now.
Ban the mug for life, unfortunately he will still have a premiership win to his name. It is such a pity (and an utter disgrace) that the NRL reward human filth at every opportunity.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 7:23 am

innsaneink wrote:
I think flanno will cop a 2/3 year suspension...deserves 5 or more for his blatant disregard for the entity that provides him with such a lifestyle many can only dream of
I say he will get 12 months and a slap over the wrist, but I agree it should be five years. Anyway he will now have plenty of bbqs where no mobile phones are permitted to keep his finger in the pie while he is on the side line

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 7:54 am

innsaneink wrote:
Deserves a life ban IMO. Trod the line by doping his players, overstepped it altogether by not complying with the ban. Just kept taking the piss.

It's time to start making some examples. The NRL and the integrity commission have been toothless tigers for the longest time. Same with some of the sexual assault and DV cases that will go to the courts this year, anyone found guilty should be punted for life.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 8:15 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 14 Dec, 2018 7:54 am
innsaneink wrote:
Deserves a life ban IMO. Trod the line by doping his players, overstepped it altogether by not complying with the ban. Just kept taking the piss.

It's time to start making some examples. The NRL and the integrity commission have been toothless tigers for the longest time. Same with some of the sexual assault and DV cases that will go to the courts this year, anyone found guilty should be punted for life.
CB..your right, but it will not happen. In Flannos case anything under three years is a joke and of course the club officials he was talking to should also face the same ban....but we are talking NRL,
It will be a slap on the wrist, maybe two years at the very most, but probably he will get rubbed out to next November

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 8:28 am

Lyle who was there at the time has gone to Manly so that sort of is a ban..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 9:32 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Fri 14 Dec, 2018 1:07 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Further proves how incompetent the NRL are. Only stumbled on this because of a different concern and that the Sharks were too stupid to cover their tracks.

Another smoking gun handed to them and the best they'll do is shoot themselves with it.
100%. There are some briliant investigative minds roaming NRL HQ :roll: :brick: Plenty of us nuffies on here managed to put 2 and 2 together to work out Flanagan was doing the shonky when he managed to put together a new multiple-year contract with Cronulla whilst he was supposedly banned from all contact with the club. It was as obvious as a pair of dog's balls yet the geniuses of the NRL were seemingly oblivious until now.
Ban the mug for life, unfortunately he will still have a premiership win to his name. It is such a pity (and an utter disgrace) that the NRL reward human filth at every opportunity.
Difference between believing something to be true, and having concrete evidence that would stand up in a court of law.

What do you think the NRL are, the AFP? You think the NRL are wire-tapping clubs, intercepting emails or placing covert operatives within club ranks?

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 10:13 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

In no way am i defending Simona but if he can get an indefinate ban for making small bets against his team then so should cheats who allow drug doping of their players or players who bring the entire game into dispute by assaulting or sexually assaulting other people(if found guilty).It is time the NRL actually did something concrete instead of just waffling on, they are killing the game for their traditional support base and making it almost impossible to attract new support.
The NRL needs a total cleanout they are like politicians just protecting themselves and criticising everyone else

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 10:33 am

jadtiger wrote:
Fri 14 Dec, 2018 10:13 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

In no way am i defending Simona but if he can get an indefinate ban for making small bets against his team then so should cheats who allow drug doping of their players or players who bring the entire game into dispute by assaulting or sexually assaulting other people(if found guilty).It is time the NRL actually did something concrete instead of just waffling on, they are killing the game for their traditional support base and making it almost impossible to attract new support.
The NRL needs a total cleanout they are like politicians just protecting themselves and criticising everyone else
I agree with that. All of those things (betting against your team, drug doping and sexual assault/DV,) all eat away at the integrity of the game. I think the sexual assault and DV eat away at the values of the game more than anything as it promotes that the game does not take violence against a sizable demographic of the supporter base seriously.

The difference is that the bloke betting against his team was a small fry and was easy to make an example of, while the team doping had the NSW origin captain among them, and the subsequent assault cases, the majority involve high profile players, most of whom have/do play(ed) origin.

There is no consistency and the game has to start taking hard lines against these fools.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 10:57 am

NRL in years gone by could brush most things under the carpet and the Storm clouds would go away. Things are different now with social media, everyone knows everything. The game keeps taking hits and every hit a potential commercial partner, or a fan, or even a young kid walks away from the game.

The people who run the game have to get deadly serious and send some harsh messages out to the players,coaches and clubs who keep stuffing up

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 10:58 am

Geo. wrote:
Fri 14 Dec, 2018 8:28 am
Lyle who was there at the time has gone to Manly so that sort of is a ban..
No .......Karma

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 11:39 am

Cronulla Sharks in real danger of becoming the most hated NRL team
The real hate for Cronulla began when Ricky Stuart took control.

Manly fans will hate this but they are in danger of being overtaken by Cronulla as the most despised club in the NRL.

The Sharks were once regarded as a nuisance value club who routinely fell over come September, laughed at for their inability to win a comp while dining out on a sole Amco Cup victory in 1979.

In the 70s they were competitive and made two grand finals but didn’t win a thing – the ‘Jeans’ Cup aside – at a joint full of good blokes like Dane Sorensen, Greg Pierce, Rick Bourke and the incomparable Steve Rogers.

After nearly going under in the early 1980s, they stayed pretty much legless for the rest of the decade apart from a minor premiership win in 1988.

Nothing to hate here.

Into the 90s they started to make some noise and briefly threatened to break their premiership drought, but didn’t.

They were competitive but harmless in the eyes of opposition fans.

How could you hate The Peach? Or boo ET? Sledge Matty Rogers or Nathan Long? Tear strips off cute little Preston Campbell?

Even coach John Lang seemed the sort of bloke you’d pull up the Esky for at a backyard barbie.

The real hate for Cronulla began when Ricky Stuart took control of a team containing emerging villains Paul Gallen and Greg Bird.

Suddenly, rival fans had a coach and star players to hate in equal doses.
And Cronulla was capable of knocking over any team – your team – and leaving you battered and bruised in the process.

It was almost like the Sharks went out of their way to piss opposition fans off by corralling all the rugby league bad boys in the ensuing years.

Todd Carney, Andrew Fifita, Josh Dugan, Ben Barba, Mick Ennis, Blake Ferguson all rolled through the Shire.

Gal was still there and suddenly the Sharks were by now a consistent title threat – and a team opposing fans feared and, in turn, loathed.

The peptide scandal in 2014 upped the hate meter, the 2016 premiership triumph gave the pitchfork brigade more ammunition and now the boot is being put in as the salary cap scandal bites hard.

So have they over-taken Manly as the team fans love to hate?

“We’ve gone from being everyone’s second favourite team to being up there as the most hated,” lifetime Sharks supporter Adam Newman told us.

“In an ideal world, you want them to win and win ethically but I’m not here to please other teams’ fans

“If it’s a choice between being a loveable loser or a hated winner, I will take winning every time.”

Daily Telegraph sports-editor-at-large, Phil Rothfield, sees the hate for Cronulla first-hand.

It’s his breaking stories on the club’s salary cap plight that has led to much of the recent animosity.

But he stops short of handing the ‘most-hated club’ crown to the Sharks.

“I can understand there is ill-feeling out there about cap issues and Shane Flanagan, but no-one will ever, ever challenge Manly as the most disliked side,” Buzz told Sporting News.

“We still haven’t forgiven them for tearing rivals apart with their big fat chequebook in the Silvertail days.”

So is the case, league fans?

Are Manly still the most despised club in the NRL, or has Cronulla taken top spot?

Or do we need to look outside of Sydney to find the real winner?
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 12:30 pm

TheDaBoss wrote:
Fri 14 Dec, 2018 11:39 am

Manly fans will hate this but they are in danger of being overtaken by Cronulla as the most despised club in the NRL.

The Sharks were once regarded as a nuisance value club who routinely fell over come September, laughed at for their inability to win a comp while dining out on a sole Amco Cup victory in 1979.

In the 70s they were competitive and made two grand finals but didn’t win a thing – the ‘Jeans’ Cup aside – at a joint full of good blokes like Dane Sorensen, Greg Pierce, Rick Bourke and the incomparable Steve Rogers.

After nearly going under in the early 1980s, they stayed pretty much legless for the rest of the decade apart from a minor premiership win in 1988.

Nothing to hate here.

Into the 90s they started to make some noise and briefly threatened to break their premiership drought, but didn’t.

How could you hate The Peach? Or boo ET? Sledge Matty Rogers or Nathan Long? Tear strips off cute little Preston Campbell?

Even coach John Lang seemed the sort of bloke you’d pull up the Esky for at a backyard barbie.

The real hate for Cronulla began when Ricky Stuart took control of a team containing emerging villains Paul Gallen and Greg Bird.

And Cronulla was capable of knocking over any team – your team – and leaving you battered and bruised in the process.

It was almost like the Sharks went out of their way to piss opposition fans off by corralling all the rugby league bad boys in the ensuing years.

Todd Carney, Andrew Fifita, Josh Dugan, Ben Barba, Mick Ennis, Blake Ferguson all rolled through the Shire.

Gal was still there and suddenly the Sharks were by now a consistent title threat – and a team opposing fans feared and, in turn, loathed.

The peptide scandal in 2014 upped the hate meter, the 2016 premiership triumph gave the pitchfork brigade more ammunition and now the boot is being put in as the salary cap scandal bites hard.

“We’ve gone from being everyone’s second favourite team to being up there as the most hated,” lifetime Sharks supporter Adam Newman told us.

“In an ideal world, you want them to win and win ethically but I’m not here to please other teams’ fans

“If it’s a choice between being a loveable loser or a hated winner, I will take winning every time.”

Daily Telegraph sports-editor-at-large, Phil Rothfield, sees the hate for Cronulla first-hand.

It’s his breaking stories on the club’s salary cap plight that has led to much of the recent animosity.

“I can understand there is ill-feeling out there about cap issues and Shane Flanagan, but no-one will ever, ever challenge Manly as the most disliked side,” Buzz told Sporting News.

“We still haven’t forgiven them for tearing rivals apart with their big fat chequebook in the Silvertail days.”

Are Manly still the most despised club in the NRL, or has Cronulla taken top spot?

Hey Buzz ?? Newsflash

Your part of the Sharks problem , my hate would drop at least 20% if you supported someone else

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 2:41 pm

TheDaBoss wrote:
Fri 14 Dec, 2018 11:39 am

Nothing to hate here.

The team of Pox representing the rubbish tip known as Victoria would win hands down. That club as a whole holds all the appeal of being served a faeces meatloaf for dinner.
At least Manly have the Trbojovic brothers as a redeeming feature.........

Post by 851 » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 2:45 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 5:25 pm
Harvey wrote:
Fri 30 Nov, 2018 6:23 am
krayola wrote:
Thu 29 Nov, 2018 10:07 pm
Bet their fans are happy about their premiership though.

Can’t believe they can’t find sponsors. They’ve been really successful the last few years and would have gained plenty of new fans.
They might be successful, but they are on the nose. Drug cheats, cap cheats, conspiracy theorists and their appeal restricted to a small patch of Sydney.

A coach more known for dummy spits than engagement and most publicity coming via stupid comments from their former captain.

One of their few marketable players just walked out.

Would you want your brand associated with that mess?
Some clubs have a no DH policy

Sharks have an all DH policy (bar Luke Lewis )

Doesn't help finding big bucks sponsors
Thats funny Happy, and yes Lewis is the exception
Go hard or go home

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 3:04 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Fri 14 Dec, 2018 9:32 am
Fade To Black wrote:
Fri 14 Dec, 2018 1:07 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:

Difference between believing something to be true, and having concrete evidence that would stand up in a court of law.

What do you think the NRL are, the AFP? You think the NRL are wire-tapping clubs, intercepting emails or placing covert operatives within club ranks?
The NRL would have to be blind drunk not to know what is going on under their juridistiction. They are just so scare of upsetting the big boys in town.