Forget about damage to rugby league – what about damage to women?

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Byron Bay Fan

Re: Forget about damage to rugby league – what about damage to women?

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 11 Dec, 2018 2:04 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Tue 11 Dec, 2018 12:56 pm
The future Mrs Walker to retract statement to Police. Think carefully young lady not only about this decision but about your future. This is appalling.
It is these retractions that discourage police from processing complaints against domestic violence - then they get blamed for not processing when something else goes wrong again.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 11 Dec, 2018 2:28 pm

Telltails wrote:
Tue 11 Dec, 2018 2:00 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Tue 11 Dec, 2018 1:11 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
The future Mrs Walker to retract statement to Police. Think carefully young lady not only about this decision but about your future. This is appalling.
Agree. Potentially signing up for a miserable life.
Wouldnt be the first partner of a sportsman to retatract an accusation.
The emotional connection to her partner, and the impact on the famiy if found guilty turns their world upside down.
You have to wonder if she is also feeling pressure to make this go away.
I think that is often the problem. She has an emotional connection so tries to 'protect' him from the consequences. I believe it happens time and again in abusive relationships. But by protecting him, she is accepting his behaviour. She is the one in need of protection.
"Quality Stupidity"

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 11 Dec, 2018 2:30 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 11 Dec, 2018 9:02 am
Look at it through the context of Hayne's life. No father, maybe bad self image due to being a half caste that was stigmatised in that era as his mum states, were there any good role models for him? We know that some of those housing commission estates are far out. His schoolmates said that he was not very bright. He needed positive vibes in his life but they were not there. Other people can have the same experience but hold up okay due someone being strong and positive for them. I hope he avoids the lock up somehow.

But I would kick Donald Trump when he is down.
There are no words to respond to this....
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

dazza65

Post by dazza65 » Tue 11 Dec, 2018 6:30 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Tue 11 Dec, 2018 2:30 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 11 Dec, 2018 9:02 am
Look at it through the context of Hayne's life. No father, maybe bad self image due to being a half caste that was stigmatised in that era as his mum states, were there any good role models for him? We know that some of those housing commission estates are far out. His schoolmates said that he was not very bright. He needed positive vibes in his life but they were not there. Other people can have the same experience but hold up okay due someone being strong and positive for them. I hope he avoids the lock up somehow.

But I would kick Donald Trump when he is down.
There are no words to respond to this....

OMG, really?...here’s the problem.
----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

Red88 Tiger

Post by Red88 Tiger » Tue 11 Dec, 2018 8:33 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Tue 11 Dec, 2018 2:28 pm
Telltails wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:
The emotional connection to her partner, and the impact on the famiy if found guilty turns their world upside down.
I think that is often the problem. She has an emotional connection so tries to 'protect' him from the consequences. I believe it happens time and again in abusive relationships. But by protecting him, she is accepting his behaviour. She is the one in need of protection.
Probably also scared of change and financial burden.

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Tue 11 Dec, 2018 9:50 pm

Red88 Tiger wrote:
Tue 11 Dec, 2018 8:33 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Telltails wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:

If she goes through with the complaint then Dylan's career is essentially over. Let's say she withdraws the complaint and leaves him in 6 months. Dylan continues to play football, is able to pay child support whilst she keeps herself and the kid out of the public eye. Seems like a scenario where everybody wins.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Tue 11 Dec, 2018 10:17 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:
Tue 11 Dec, 2018 9:50 pm
Red88 Tiger wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
Telltails wrote:

If she goes through with the complaint then Dylan's career is essentially over. Let's say she withdraws the complaint and leaves him in 6 months. Dylan continues to play football, is able to pay child support whilst she keeps herself and the kid out of the public eye. Seems like a scenario where everybody wins.
Except the next club he plays for because they lose when he does something as equally disgusting

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Tue 11 Dec, 2018 11:58 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Tue 11 Dec, 2018 10:17 pm
Marshall_magic wrote:
Red88 Tiger wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:

Except the next club he plays for because they lose when he does something as equally disgusting
I actually wish the victim would help decide his fate.

Domestic violence is wrong, horrible and human.
Ms Walker needs protection and there should be some harsh measure of consequence for Dylan.
^Marshall_magic I think you nail it. Dylan keeps a football career and keeps the money flowing.
But she may also not be a gold digger, she might not want his life ruined or she may still love and hold feelings for him.

That's why I suspect she has withdrawn the allegations. Sadly this will make her appear to be a more unreliable witness in the future. Manly, I hope you take this very very seriously and punt Dylan if he does not step up to control his behaviour.

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Wed 12 Dec, 2018 12:24 am

That is the number of women in Australia who have been killed by men in domestic violence situations this year. In just this year.

19 children too.

I understand a woman retracting her statement, there are many who rightfully so fear for their lives and figure pressing charges is signing their own death warrant. I don't know Mrs W, or Dylan W, so I don't know the extent of the issue in their lives, But I strongly believe in the one strike and you're out rule. Imagine if that was your daughter, or sister, or mother.

I don't mean to be getting preachy, but it's a sensitive topic.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Wed 12 Dec, 2018 12:35 am

These "men" have no excuse. I don't care if you have a bad upbringing or surrounded by poor role models, everyone knows right from wrong. If you can't physically control yourself from fits of rage, then there is therapy or medication that you can seek out.

I'm glad that these issues are gaining traction in the spotlight. Women should never have to live in fear of a loved one.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 12 Dec, 2018 4:39 am

A habit of marrying?

Not surprised

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Wed 12 Dec, 2018 6:44 am

Really? Should be proud :roll:

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 12 Dec, 2018 7:25 am

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 12 Dec, 2018 4:39 am
A habit of marrying?

Not surprised
There was a big family gathering a few years back and they posed in the one pic smiling - was like a beauty parade and not an evil word mentioned about me. And that is going back almost fifty years. Some of my mates are jealous who stuck it out in bored or broken down relationships.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 12 Dec, 2018 8:27 am

Marshall_magic wrote:
Red88 Tiger wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
Telltails wrote:

Reasoned post MM, no one knows what the dynamic of their relationship is like though. He might a complete menace to her behind closed doors where everything she does that he doesn't like might set him off, or he might be one of those people who cannot control their emotions and get aggressive when under the slightest bit of emotional stress.

She might be happy to let Walker get off so he can continue his footy career and provide well for their child and she might quietly leave him, she might also be deathly afraid of what might happen if she does leave him.

The other thing is that it may be out of her control now, there were witnesses and if they go on to give evidence against him, he is probably cooked anyway.

This is the biggest issue, many women in these types of relationships have no immediate place of refuge when things like this happen, some have support through family and friends, but others just don't. The fear of winding up in poverty or homeless is a very real thing for them and their children, hence why they stay. And the men know that and use it to control them.

And that is despicable.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 12 Dec, 2018 9:59 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 12 Dec, 2018 8:27 am
Marshall_magic wrote:
Red88 Tiger wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:

Reasoned post MM, no one knows what the dynamic of their relationship is like though. He might a complete menace to her behind closed doors where everything she does that he doesn't like might set him off, or he might be one of those people who cannot control their emotions and get aggressive when under the slightest bit of emotional stress.

She might be happy to let Walker get off so he can continue his footy career and provide well for their child and she might quietly leave him, she might also be deathly afraid of what might happen if she does leave him.

The other thing is that it may be out of her control now, there were witnesses and if they go on to give evidence against him, he is probably cooked anyway.

This is the biggest issue, many women in these types of relationships have no immediate place of refuge when things like this happen, some have support through family and friends, but others just don't. The fear of winding up in poverty or homeless is a very real thing for them and their children, hence why they stay. And the men know that and use it to control them.

And that is despicable.
Or in my niece's case , his "Cop" mates ring her up and tell her how easy it would for her or her 3 kids to go missing

It's scary , he fears nothing .............

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 12 Dec, 2018 10:09 am

That is the point I was making Hap. She may have withdrawn it as she wants him to keep his career so she can take his testicles through his wallet, or equally as likely she might actually be worried what he might do to her if she does leave. Without knowing what their relationship is like you can only speculate. There's many reasons why she would retract her statement.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 12 Dec, 2018 10:27 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 12 Dec, 2018 10:09 am
That is the point I was making Hap. She may have withdrawn it as she wants him to keep his career so she can take his testicles through his wallet, or equally as likely she might actually be worried what he might do to her if she does leave. Without knowing what their relationship is like you can only speculate. There's many reasons why she would retract her statement.
Sorry mate , got your point .....my point is that for some women no matter what that these scum are almost untouchable

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 12 Dec, 2018 10:32 am

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 12 Dec, 2018 10:27 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 12 Dec, 2018 10:09 am
Sorry mate , got your point .....my point is that for some women no matter what that these scum are almost untouchable
Oh for sure, it's horrible mate.