Fade To Black

Re: TPA’s

Post by Fade To Black » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 10:40 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 14 Dec, 2018 10:56 am
I think what is does show is that it still comes down to who you recruit

Look at Brisbane , all these players who are completely unsuited to their club

Roosters attract the players that suit the game they want to play
Of course it "comes down to who you recruit"........ Roosters just happen to coincidentially have the "good fortune" of recruiting topline, Origin or Test players whereas other clubs have to scratch and scrape in order to add a reserve-grader to their squads. Anyone who thinks its a level playing field either has rocks in their head or their head up their blurter (not specifically you Happy!). It is a sham.
The "game the Roosters like to play" is pretty much Monopoly: buy everything worthwhile on the market through fair means or foul and leave your competitors sifting through the crap that is left. Upgrade 3 houses into a hotel type of stuff.
Would love a whistleblower to pipe up one day and expose Unca Nick and his cronies for the shonks that they are.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 11:10 pm

This is all rubbish

If NRL think these numbers are legitimate they are stupider than i thought.

Ps another rort is paying family members who coincidentally have jobs at the clubs.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sat 15 Dec, 2018 11:17 am

I think the most disappointing part of this is that someone in the NRL really thinks this will mollify disgruntled fans. ???
NRL How about explaining the Roosters roster to us. If it's not the salary cap and it's not TPA's, exactly what is it that allows that organisation to attract and hold a roster stacked with representative footballers? I think most fans have an idea but tell us anyway to demonstrate that you know what's going on.
"Quality Stupidity"

PrattenParkMagpie

Post by PrattenParkMagpie » Sat 15 Dec, 2018 3:10 pm

The figure for the Rorters in that graph is $200K, not $400K.
Bring back Dr Pepper and Hazelnut Rolls

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sat 15 Dec, 2018 3:27 pm

tigerap wrote:
Fri 14 Dec, 2018 10:24 pm
If you believe anything that comes out of NRL central, then you still believe in Santa Clause.....
Yep ..... they are just like our great bunch of politicians. Particularly with Chairman Klink and sergeant Shults in charge.
Publish any old conglomeration of stats and expect little NRL children to gasp in wonder and swallow.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 15 Dec, 2018 6:11 pm

Spartan117 wrote:
Fri 14 Dec, 2018 11:10 pm
This is all rubbish

Ps another rort is paying family members who coincidentally have jobs at the clubs.
Shaqai Mitchell, Latrell's brother...
Top 30 contacted player at the roosters despite being unfit and overweight.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 16 Dec, 2018 12:15 am

Russell wrote:
Fri 14 Dec, 2018 9:35 am
jirskyr wrote:
Fri 14 Dec, 2018 9:30 am
Russell wrote:
Fri 14 Dec, 2018 8:37 am
Once again the NRL are treating the supporters as a bunch of idiots.

If they think that load of garbage is going to be believed ... well we know they are fools.

400k for Rorters .... sure.

Now maybe they can give us the figures for the teams and the Brown Paper Bag payments.
Now if you are just going to be an idiot about this, keep it to yourself.

They are making the formal TPA figures public. They haven't said anything about illegal payments because, of course, nobody knows how many might exist and what they might be. It's not as if the NRL has a "legal TPA" register that they've just shared with everyone, but an "illegal TPA" register that they've kept to themselves.

If you are trying to say that the NRL know the "real" values of TPAs and are tampering with the public figures to suit some agenda - well then you are totally off the reservation and you may as well give up on rugby league, if you think the governing body has some special interest towards certain clubs.

What it does tell us, finally, is that people using the argument about TPAs severely advantaging one club or another now have some facts to prove or disprove what they are saying. Typically in 2018 it's been about the Roosters, and clearly the Roosters are not TPA heavyweights.
Usually like your posts. Name calling is usually not your style. Let's keep it that way.

I stated an opinion - I am entitled to it without being called an "IDIOT"

Not cool jirskyr, not cool.
Fair enough I apologise for name-calling, I was incensed.

Imagine though, working for the NRL, and people are banging on for years about how it's not a level playing field and that TPAs are to blame. Ignoring of course that it is not a level playing field, because you only have to look over Brisbane's annual profit to realise the scale of difference between clubs.

But anyway NRL hear the disgruntled fans and say "alright let's post the figures we have".

And then fans like yourself and Spartan's first reply is "what a load of rubbish, do you think I'm going to believe those figures?!?!?"

I don't know what people want the NRL to do here. They published the TPA figures. They are not going to be able to publish salaries without agreement from the RLPA. They are certainly not going to be able to publish "brown paper bag" figures nor will they say publicly "but of course these TPA's don't include all the underhanded rorts that the Roosters employ".

So I don't know what your expectations are here, nor why there's this backlash against the NRL for providing what they have.

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Sun 16 Dec, 2018 12:43 am

We all know some clubs cheat, use underhanded tactics, 'brown paper bag's, etc. They get caught for it.

I think the backlash against the NRL is that we expect them to be able to stop the dodgy dealings, but in that they clearly fail. Personally I suspect components of the NRL are as corrupt and dodgy as the Roosters and Storm. NRL CEO Greenburg for one has form for covering things up when he was at the Bulldogs (Barba DV situation), he most certainly is still doing it.

Time will tell, if NRL come down hard on Sharks, then I'll be surprised and it'll be a great step forward.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 17 Dec, 2018 6:01 pm

Demps wrote:
Sat 15 Dec, 2018 6:11 pm
Spartan117 wrote:
Fri 14 Dec, 2018 11:10 pm
This is all rubbish

Shaqai Mitchell, Latrell's brother...
Top 30 contacted player at the roosters despite being unfit and overweight.

Im more angry at wifes an parents etc.

Val holmes wife is no longer at xharks si ce he left... is.this another way of paying players

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 17 Dec, 2018 6:49 pm

Looks like the Wests Tigers are now in CAP/TPA trouble.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 17 Dec, 2018 8:23 pm

Newtown wrote:
Mon 17 Dec, 2018 6:49 pm
Looks like the Wests Tigers are now in CAP/TPA trouble.
They are ..... probably get grabbed for underspending.