•  Recent Topics
ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 7.30 PM
Venue: Central Coast Stadium
Telecast: Ch 9
happy tiger

Re: Moltzen - Run straight

Post by happy tiger » Sun 31 Jul, 2011 3:08 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:Why move Beau from where he is? He has been pretty good on the flanks over the last few weeks and Brown is more than able at fullback.
The reason I would have Ryan over Brown is he a bit more agile over the first 5 metres than Brown and that would be handy round the ruck CB That's my thinking anyway Brown is quick but it is more over 20 or so metres

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 31 Jul, 2011 4:52 pm

Ryan's too slow for wing and you want him at fullback? no thank you.

Moltzen's positioning is pretty impressive these days, he is always there to cover line breaks and kicks.
Reads the attack well. Nice.
Though running hard, attacking the ball and support play will aways be picked on.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Sun 31 Jul, 2011 5:11 pm

tig_prmz wrote:Ryan's too slow for wing and you want him at fullback? no thank you.

Moltzen's positioning is pretty impressive these days, he is always there to cover line breaks and kicks.
Though running hard, attacking the ball and support play will aways be picked on.
you seriously have no idea. Moltzen is dreadful .!!!
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE..

batboy

Post by batboy » Sun 31 Jul, 2011 5:39 pm

YOU HAVE GOTTA BE KIDDING!!!
I was there... Right in line with Moltz when he got the ball with 20/30 meters of Grass in front of him....
He ran 30 meters flat across field to pass it????
He could have run 15++ Meters and layed down and i'd have thought more of him!!
He's not a centre, Not a Half, Not a FB.... What he is, Is a waste of a perfectly good Jersey.
Those who are saying that Bennett was a big part of recruitment for 2012... ARE DILLUSIONAL!!
If he was, He would have resigned that Ranga Junior gun centre.. (Mitchell??)... But no, He as well as Boyd is going to the Knights!!
Those others who are blaming Moltz's Injury.... Also have thier backs to the wall, Lawrence has had no hassles... Bar Timing in his 1st game back. Moltz is found out of position time and time again... I think he does it intentionally, As soon as the ball goes up, He is looking to get out of committing to it. anyone who thinks he isn't, Wanna get to a game.... Where you can see a little more than the close shots on the Widescreen.
How many injuries has Benji had.... Does he show fear?
If only heart was transmitted through living arrangements....
Moltz is a waste of a Jersey... Give it to Brown, Beau and Lote back to thier wings, Utai on the Bench....
Then we will have a shot at the title....

tig_prmz wrote:Ryan's too slow for wing and you want him at fullback? no thank you.

alex

Post by alex » Sun 31 Jul, 2011 5:48 pm

I couldn't believe how blatantly obvious Moltzen was being in not wanting to run it back straight. Like others have mentioned, there were a few instances where he picked it up 30m from the oncoming defence and still he ran towards the sideline.

He needs to take a leaf out of Utai's book and run it back with some oomph. Utai has more courage in his big toe than Moltzen has in his whole body.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 31 Jul, 2011 7:08 pm

batboy wrote:YOU HAVE GOTTA BE KIDDING!!!
I was there... Right in line with Moltz when he got the ball with 20/30 meters of Grass in front of him....
He ran 30 meters flat across field to pass it????
He could have run 15++ Meters and layed down and i'd have thought more of him!!
He's not a centre, Not a Half, Not a FB.... What he is, Is a waste of a perfectly good Jersey.
Those who are saying that Bennett was a big part of recruitment for 2012... ARE DILLUSIONAL!!
If he was, He would have resigned that Ranga Junior gun centre.. (Mitchell??)... But no, He as well as Boyd is going to the Knights!!
Those others who are blaming Moltz's Injury.... Also have thier backs to the wall, Lawrence has had no hassles... Bar Timing in his 1st game back. Moltz is found out of position time and time again... I think he does it intentionally, As soon as the ball goes up, He is looking to get out of committing to it. anyone who thinks he isn't, Wanna get to a game.... Where you can see a little more than the close shots on the Widescreen.
How many injuries has Benji had.... Does he show fear?
If only heart was transmitted through living arrangements....
Moltz is a waste of a Jersey... Give it to Brown, Beau and Lote back to thier wings, Utai on the Bench....
Then we will have a shot at the title....

Yeh, I am an idiot because I said the same thing you said in one sentence but I started off by saying something positive?
Wow, I HAD NFI it was idiocy to say something positive :crazy
tomcat wrote:

you seriously have no idea. Moltzen is dreadful .!!!
coolstorybro.
next time, try focusing on positives as well aye?
that time, you may call this a glass half full.

My Round 1 Team 2018

6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Sun 31 Jul, 2011 7:27 pm

tig_prmz wrote:Moltzen's positioning is pretty impressive these days, he is always there to cover line breaks and kicks.
No really seeing this at all Tig_pmz... sorry.

RE: Reading the attack - Doesn't support anyone else but Benji... if this were true, he'd have made 150+ last night if he ran off a few other blokes. Also, that no-try to ryan in the first 5-10mins... he butchered that! Had a so many players that side, all he had to do was pass it, instead he turned and did god knows what...

RE: Positioning - I felt like fly kicking my old mans TV when the first 2 kicks from the dragons seriously showed how out of position he is 99% of the time at FB.

Anyway...

That is all
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 31 Jul, 2011 7:37 pm

Thanks for at least justifying why you disagree...

With Mckinnon, every team found ground when kicking, remember the Dogs game.
Against Manly, Foran and DCE could not find grass much. Even though, they did find it sometimes.

When talking about "reading the attack" I meant reads the attack of the team well.
He was always there in cover defence, and defused a lot of short kicks.
He also positioned himself well for one try saving tackle, and another one where instead of going for the ball, he went for the man, I admit it was a risk and luckily he got away with it.
BUT... he was there... Mckinnon would still be 5 metres from there.
I'm just talking about his positioning and that's the positive I found in his game.
You disagree, fine with me, your opinion.
My Round 1 Team 2018

6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 31 Jul, 2011 7:40 pm

aarghhh
EDIT: When talking about "reading the attack" I meant reads the attack of the OTHER team well.
My Round 1 Team 2018

6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal

alex

Post by alex » Sun 31 Jul, 2011 7:51 pm

Moltzen and Mckinnon's support play can't even be compared. They're poles apart. Mckinnon is always sniffing around the ruck and numerous times you see him run past a player standing in a tackle looking for the offload.

Moltzen's positional play isn't as good as you think it is. Look at the first kick Foran put in. Very well placed close to our goal line and Utai was forced to run back to cover it. Moltzen was miles away.

Not too long after there was another short kick put over where Moltzen and Fulton collided as they both dived for it. Fulton was chasing that ball faster than Moltzen was and he was lucky he got there before any Manly players did.

I'm really getting concerned with the amount of heart Moltzen is putting in... Yes, he may feel betrayed that he's leaving the club, but compare him with Bryce Gibbs who still gives 110% each game.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 31 Jul, 2011 8:02 pm

alex wrote:Moltzen and Mckinnon's support play can't even be compared. They're poles apart. Mckinnon is always sniffing around the ruck and numerous times you see him run past a player standing in a tackle looking for the offload.

Moltzen's positional play isn't as good as you think it is. Look at the first kick Foran put in. Very well placed close to our goal line and Utai was forced to run back to cover it. Moltzen was miles away.

Not too long after there was another short kick put over where Moltzen and Fulton collided as they both dived for it. Fulton was chasing that ball faster than Moltzen was and he was lucky he got there before any Manly players did.

I'm really getting concerned with the amount of heart Moltzen is putting in... Yes, he may feel betrayed that he's leaving the club, but compare him with Bryce Gibbs who still gives 110% each game.
Utai is a winger, he should cover it and so should Moltzen.
IDK what specific one you're referring to and I CBF checking.
I'm just saying he is THERE. he is there where the ball is despite his lack of enthusiasm in getting there.
and also, by positional play, in no way did i mean support play. sorry if you got the wrong impression.
My Round 1 Team 2018

6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 31 Jul, 2011 8:06 pm

Also, please give me a break,
I know he is a crap fullback who doesn't even give 50% of what he should.
I pointed out just ONE, just ONE BLOODY good thing that I saw and I'm getting this reaction.
I was focusing on the positives.
I am not a Moltzen fan so to speak. He still plays for the Tigers regardless of how crap he is.
If you guys think, he has no attributes whatsoever of a fullback, you are deadset kidding me.
His positional play is not GREAT, but it's better than what we have seen in the past.
Cut me some slack POST EDITED BY ADMIN
My Round 1 Team 2018

6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 31 Jul, 2011 11:26 pm

tig_prmz wrote: If you guys think, he has no attributes whatsoever of a fullback
He has NO attributes of a fullback, except speed. None whatsoever.

Unfortunately we hardly ever get to see his speed as he jogs sideways on kick returns before palming it off to a winger to take the hit up. And he only ever supports Marshall, nobody else.

Find me a worse fullback in the NRL?

Post by 851 » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 10:46 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
tig_prmz wrote: If you guys think, he has no attributes whatsoever of a fullback
He has NO attributes of a fullback, except speed. None whatsoever.

Unfortunately we hardly ever get to see his speed as he jogs sideways on kick returns before palming it off to a winger to take the hit up. And he only ever supports Marshall, nobody else.

Find me a worse fullback in the NRL?
There isn't one,probably a 10 better ones in reggies as well,how can Sheens not see this. :x
Go hard or go home

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 11:33 am

I understand Moltzen doesn't want to cop big hits so all he has to do is step off either foot when he gets within a few metres of the defence and run at a gap .
Simple .
There is no reason he can't run the ball up with better intensity .
He will actually find teams can't pick him up and drive him backwards if he does this as well due to his momentum .
He will probably find he gets better and faster play the balls which will get our sets off to better starts . They have to be coaching him to do this don't they ?? Especially with Wade Mac and Jumper Leeds able to give advice .

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 1:32 pm

HIS POSITIONING !!
He is not the best in the comp
and he might even be the worst. It's not for me to decide.
But I'm saying he always had the kicks covered, short kicks, long kicks,
although there were some exceptions.
he made one try saving tackle, he is a good one on one defender.
those were the positives i saw and because he still plays for the tigers, i thought i would post em up.
But geeze people make it seem like it's illegal to say good things about him?
He is one of the worst under the high ball, doesn't attack the ball, has zero support play, I know all that,
and people have been pointing it out the whole year.
but i saw ONE BLOODY POSITIVE THING.
except kaiser no one has even talked about it, just vented on about how he plays with no heart bla bla
My Round 1 Team 2018

6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 2:12 pm

tig_prmz wrote:HIS POSITIONING !!
He is not the best in the comp
and he might even be the worst. It's not for me to decide.
But I'm saying he always had the kicks covered, short kicks, long kicks,
although there were some exceptions.
he made one try saving tackle, he is a good one on one defender.
those were the positives i saw and because he still plays for the tigers, i thought i would post em up.
But geeze people make it seem like it's illegal to say good things about him?
He is one of the worst under the high ball, doesn't attack the ball, has zero support play, I know all that,
and people have been pointing it out the whole year.
but i saw ONE BLOODY POSITIVE THING.
except kaiser no one has even talked about it, just vented on about how he plays with no heart bla bla
Wouldn't you prefer any other fullback that any other team in the NRL has or one of the 3-4 options we have that are better than him at the moment

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 2:42 pm

There are many more I would prefer over him,
but I don't think Sheens does.
That man has years of experience with him,
but often learns squats from it,
he has more knowledge than me or you,
he obviously sees something in Moltzen and I was trying to put one argument forward.
In all my team prediction I have always said 1. Brown and not 1. Moltzen.
Even before last year, I have always said 14. Moltzen as I reckon in THIS team, it is his best position.
My Round 1 Team 2018

6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal