ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.35pm Friday 5 August
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
1974semifinal

Re: Wests Heritage round advertising

Post by 1974semifinal » Sun 07 Aug, 2011 9:20 am

Balmain Bug wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Hey everyone we may not agree with what Bug says but he does have some good ideas on different subjects . And you've gotta love his passion for what he believes in . So lay off the personal attacks . I can see where you are coming from but I just don't think its that great a deal .
One question for you Bug ' if Wests had not of merged and they had died do you think you would support rugby league and a different club ?

That's a good question. I love Rugby League. It's like a disease. But if they died, I would have as well.

I love the Warriors and I love watching teams like Canberra play but deadset I would never go for anyone else. It would be like betraying your family.

Good on you Bug, I agree with you. Its only the balmainers on this site who dont like what you say. But you must be pleased to see that next year we have Steve Georgallis, Andrew Leeds and Skando on the bench. And I agree with you...if Western Suburbs had folded I would not have followed another team..just the game.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sun 07 Aug, 2011 9:34 am

cktiger wrote:but that team didn't look like Tigers
100% correct. They looked like the Wests Tigers.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 07 Aug, 2011 12:28 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

markotiger

Post by markotiger » Sun 07 Aug, 2011 12:40 pm

What are the chances of all the fans talking up and making it aware to S. Humphreys to change the jersey to an alternate of the Wests Magpies heritage, that was worn this round, and the Balmain Tigers heritage jerseys for next year?

tigergran

Post by tigergran » Sun 07 Aug, 2011 12:45 pm

markotiger wrote:What are the chances of all the fans talking up and making it aware to S. Humphreys to change the jersey to an alternate of the Wests Magpies heritage, that was worn this round, and the Balmain Tigers heritage jerseys for next year?
No chance at all. What are you thinking??? We have a WT main and alternate jersey - let's embrace them.

Tigergran
Through thick and thin.
WESTS TIGERS BE PROUD!!

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 07 Aug, 2011 12:51 pm

markotiger wrote:What are the chances of all the fans talking up and making it aware to S. Humphreys to change the jersey to an alternate of the Wests Magpies heritage, that was worn this round, and the Balmain Tigers heritage jerseys for next year?
I think that is a great idea. The two awesome looking heritage jerseys should replace the two shocking jerseys WT have now.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 07 Aug, 2011 1:52 pm

Maybe wear the wests heritage jersey when we play at c-town and balmain heritage at leichhardt .....wests tigers all the rest......we will still always be wests tigers.

markotiger

Post by markotiger » Sun 07 Aug, 2011 2:48 pm

tiger4ever wrote:Maybe wear the wests heritage jersey when we play at c-town and balmain heritage at leichhardt .....wests tigers all the rest......we will still always be wests tigers.
That would be great. and then they could work around a 3rd alternate for big games at the SFS and or the finals.

Staks

Post by Staks » Sun 07 Aug, 2011 2:54 pm

Wear the Wests heritage jersey at Leichhardt and the Balmain heritage jersey at Campbelltown. This will ensure the love is spread amongst the inlaws, will peeve the fossils and bring a general warmth throughout the joint venture.
Wests Tigers -- YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE -- Wests since 1908

Wests - the only team name to feature in every NSWRL/ARL/NRL season since 1908

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 07 Aug, 2011 3:03 pm

Staks wrote:Wear the Wests heritage jersey at Leichhardt and the Balmain heritage jersey at Campbelltown. This will ensure the love is spread amongst the inlaws, will peeve the fossils and bring a general warmth throughout the joint venture.
I agree. Or one for home games and the other, for away games. Including Semi's.

Then alternate every year with home and away strips.

If you get a home semi, you wear the home strip, if its an away Semi, you wear the away strip.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sun 07 Aug, 2011 3:31 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Looked like WestsZebras to me :lol:

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 07 Aug, 2011 3:46 pm

Ignore the childish troll

After next year it will be 10 years since weve worn our inaugural strips
We should use this and the orange as our heritage jumpers from then on

alien

Post by alien » Sun 07 Aug, 2011 6:24 pm

cktiger wrote:Worst Weststigers jerseys EVER - unless we are the Siberian tigers now :lol:
Not even good Magpie jerseys IMO - should have gone down the 70's road
I know we need to remember the joint ventures history but that team didn't look like Tigers.
If we are really going to celebrate one part of the merger and do it properly once a year for each team should we not run out solely kitted out as the Maggies or as Balmain?
It's impossible to keep everybody happy but maybe that small token once a year would go some ways to helping.
STRONGLY DISAGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU WROTE THERE

alien

Post by alien » Sun 07 Aug, 2011 6:26 pm

tiger4ever wrote:Maybe wear the wests heritage jersey when we play at c-town and balmain heritage at leichhardt .....wests tigers all the rest......we will still always be wests tigers.
:o we agree on something :shock:

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 07 Aug, 2011 8:24 pm

alien wrote:
:o we agree on something :shock:
x2 ;)

prattenpark

Post by prattenpark » Tue 09 Aug, 2011 3:36 pm

tigergran wrote:
No chance at all. What are you thinking??? We have a WT main and alternate jersey - let's embrace them.

Tigergran
x2

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 09 Aug, 2011 4:02 pm

tigergran wrote:

Tigergran
Theyre rubbish

Lets ditch them...the sooner the better

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Tue 09 Aug, 2011 10:10 pm

Should've kept last year's jersey, I reckon. Much better than this year's. It beats me why they have to change them every year.

By the way, I love that pic from last weeks game you got there, Ink - I could look at it all day :D
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen