ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.35pm Friday 5 August
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
alien

Re: Wests Heritage round advertising

Post by alien » Thu 04 Aug, 2011 9:27 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:
alien wrote:so who is the guy at camp concord who designed the webpage? a balmain fan from before the merger?

and who is the guy who designed the wt membership logo for this year? The logo has the word WESTS taken out of it and the claws have been removed from the logo and just has the tiger head. looks very balmainish and fake, like something from best n less. last year's members logo was much better because it had the proper wt logo with 'member 2010' underneath it, instead of a fake looking best n less logo with the word 'member' inbetween the tiger's teeth. also, the members hat is just orange and black with no white.
Further evidence of personal biased agendas within a select few within the WT organisation.
so who are the designers

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 04 Aug, 2011 9:30 pm

happy tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
smeghead wrote:As I said I can see your point.

But I would like you to look at it from my POV as well in that this may be a strictly marketing decision with no intended prejudice to any "side" so to speak.

The white background worked I believed because it had that "old timey" feel about it. The splash of the Bright Orange and black was more a juxtaposition of past to present. Probably a black bordered white filled shield would have worked better though.

I am not making accusations when I say this or having a go at you but sometimes when you rant about these things it comes across as you going looking for things to bring up division. When you type with less rhetoric and "Us V Them" slanting your posts make alot more sense and are much easier to rationalise. Just saying
I see your point too smeg, but the diagonal stripes still shouldve had a taransparent whit one in the middle too....as it stands its balmain....as it would be magpies if they were black & white only

Its minor....I know its minor to notice these things, but its also minor not to do it CORRECTLY.

You just dont leave a colour out when theres omly three that represent the entire organistaion

The name, logo and colours are not negotiable and should never be
You'll probably find it is cheaper to make anything with only 2 colours and not three Even if the missing colour is white
Probably cheaper still to just use one colour....the members stuff looks cheap enough as it is so why the hell not

matty119

Post by matty119 » Thu 04 Aug, 2011 10:57 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:
alien wrote:so who is the guy at camp concord who designed the webpage? a balmain fan from before the merger?

and who is the guy who designed the wt membership logo for this year? The logo has the word WESTS taken out of it and the claws have been removed from the logo and just has the tiger head. looks very balmainish and fake, like something from best n less. last year's members logo was much better because it had the proper wt logo with 'member 2010' underneath it, instead of a fake looking best n less logo with the word 'member' inbetween the tiger's teeth. also, the members hat is just orange and black with no white.
Further evidence of personal biased agendas within a select few within the WT organisation.
Look Bug, I think most people on here respect your right to have an opinion and express it on here, but you really looking at this too closely. What Smeg said is spot on, no matter the background that it is on, Orange stands out more from a marketing perspective, hence its heavy use in WT marketing, membership and merchandise. It is a point of difference for us, and while we should never disregard white as a colour that represents this club, surely you can understand why it is not as prominent, even in this week. There is no conspiracy against Wests in the joint venture, just WT trying to create a singular identity around what its marketing people see as the best way to promote the club.

Even in this week where we celebrate the Western Suburbs Heritage of the club, this is still a promotion of a WT game, something which we can't ignore. And while both Heritage jerseys look great, they are exactly that, heritage jerseys. It is 2011, not 1950, so we need to stop worrying and squabbling about equity and worry about the best way to move the WT brand forward. I'm only young and don't remember much of Balmain, but WT or not I will forever be a Balmain fan more than a WT fan, but by the same token, if someone from WT does something that expands the brand and looks like WT even at the expense of Balmain, I'll support it. I get the feeling from the people on this forum that people from Wests don't feel the same in the same situation, and that really dissapoints me as a future WT fan for life.

Marshall Magic 77

Post by Marshall Magic 77 » Thu 04 Aug, 2011 11:06 pm

With such an important match less than 24hrs away I cannot believe this rant has endured 15 pages. Let's remember our past, but embrace our future

Posted using RoarFEED

cunno

Post by cunno » Fri 05 Aug, 2011 6:58 am

Good point MM77 I'm sure we're all looking forward to tonight and as supporters we will unite. In regard to this thread though, it wouldn't have started had our marketing people actually thought about what they were doing and any implications or interpretations in the environment of a joint venture club. You would think our club execs would always be mindful of this when doing things that advertise, represent, promote the club. It looks like simple poor planning. Has anyone contacted the club to ask why it occurred in the first place, Bug? anyone?

Ed Reschs

Post by Ed Reschs » Fri 05 Aug, 2011 8:43 am

Bug,

Well done mate. Check out the ad in todays terrorgraph. Finally by the 5th day they have corrected the problem and placed the ad the way it should have been designed in the first place.
What price they send out a couple of Balmain legends tonight as well as Magpie greats in the parade just to really stir you up?

ER

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Fri 05 Aug, 2011 9:03 am

Keep fighting for what you believe in Bug.

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Fri 05 Aug, 2011 9:21 am

We should turn this into a Bug Appreciation thread. I personally love the big guys passion and his ability to generate some spirited debate

It's a shame some people choose to attack the Bug personally and not discuss like adults...

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 05 Aug, 2011 10:13 am

So we win 3 in a row, one big win against heavyweights Manly.......and the week leading into a the stoush we love against Saints, the main talking point on the forum is this??????????? 9 pages of this wests v balmain debate that has gone on in other threads well past its used by date. Excellant stuff. :deadhorse:

Im not dismissing the concerns and paranoia of the Wests guys continually bringing this up, but seriously, this was a week to be enjoyed.

Cant wait to get to the game tonight, should be a cracker. Go wests :D
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

wtfl1981

Post by wtfl1981 » Fri 05 Aug, 2011 10:25 am

Go wests!!! Bring on the big game tonite!!! Wests represent the 'inner west' (leichhardt/ashfield) and 'south west' (ctown) so its fitting! WTFL!

Posted using RoarFEED
WESTS TIGERS FOR LIFE!

Twodogs

Post by Twodogs » Fri 05 Aug, 2011 1:56 pm

As I said, next year is the true test of Humphreys, whether we get a proper heritage round or not.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Fri 05 Aug, 2011 2:24 pm

Twodogs wrote:As I said, next year is the true test of Humphreys, whether we get a proper heritage round or not.
I hope he moves the brand forward and he makes it the Broncos (our first game) or the Cowboys (our first premiership)...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Fri 05 Aug, 2011 2:36 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Twodogs wrote:As I said, next year is the true test of Humphreys, whether we get a proper heritage round or not.
I hope he moves the brand forward and he makes it the Broncos (our first game) or the Cowboys (our first premiership)...
With Wests Tigers, the promotional and marketing possibilities are endless. I think if next years Heritage round was a 'Wests Tigers' tribute, a replicated 2000 jersey or 2005 jersey would absolutely smash record sales !!

It would be great !
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Fri 05 Aug, 2011 2:48 pm

Replicate the Double Header jersey.

I will drag my one out of the archive for the occasion

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 05 Aug, 2011 3:13 pm

Ed Reschs wrote:Bug,

Well done mate. Check out the ad in todays terrorgraph. Finally by the 5th day they have corrected the problem and placed the ad the way it should have been designed in the first place.
What price they send out a couple of Balmain legends tonight as well as Magpie greats in the parade just to really stir you up?

ER
Yeah i saw that at work, shoulda brought it home & scanned it

They used to two logos below and i think the heading Wests v Saints.
(Btw the image of magpies logo is my jersey)
cant find saints who cares

Staks

Post by Staks » Fri 05 Aug, 2011 3:53 pm

If they are going to persist with this then I think they should have one of these days per year on the actual Heritage Week.

Play against Souths and celebrate the 1952 and 1969 grand final wins as one.

Have a combined Wests and Balmain heritage jersey (with equal colour representation).
Wests Tigers -- YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE -- Wests since 1908

Wests - the only team name to feature in every NSWRL/ARL/NRL season since 1908

mtd

Post by mtd » Fri 05 Aug, 2011 4:33 pm

what advertising???
if thats what we consider advertising we in trouble

alien

Post by alien » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 1:07 am

Did the marching band before the game have orange and black flags with no white? My eyes were a bit tired so maybe my eyes deceived me. It did make me think of Bug though.