OK, time for controversial corner...

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.35pm Friday 5 August
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
The Shiraz Tiger

Re: OK, time for controversial corner...

Post by The Shiraz Tiger » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 4:23 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm a Lui fan. I think the past few weeks he really is making some good decisions. He was terrific against the Dragons last night and that was probably his best kicking game of the year. Still a lot of ribbing about his defence though. He's a halfback. Of course he's going to be targeted, most halfbacks are. I thought he made some good tackles and yes he missed some also, but you need to take into consideration the amount of traffic being directed at him. Marshall, Lui and Farrah are all complimeting one another beautifully at the moment.

Andy666

Post by Andy666 » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 4:26 am

His defense was as good as any player, apart from Fulton who is on fire...composed kicking game and played his hand well...great game for lui

Posted using RoarFEED

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 4:50 am

Like most players who play in the halves, when the team goes well you go well. He is now playing behind a pack of forwards full of yards, that makes life a lot easier

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 7:16 am

Getting better week in week out. It is no coincidence it is happening on the back of better go forward, higher completions and Robbie and Benji hiiting form. Very similar to late last year, although it wasn't until the Penrith (game round 24?) that he hit his straps.

Ashyford was a bit unlucky, only ball he got was when he was well covered. Moltzen ran once when he should of passed and a pass from payten hit the ground that would have put him into space. His time will come.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 11:55 am

good post larry. i really like ayshford. maybe i am just hoping/expecting too much for him at the moment. still, i can see him becoming a real star and i think his time is now.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 12:06 pm

I liked his running game last night, he troubled the Dragons and while he still missed plenty of tackles, his rushing up defence put pressure on them so his misses were not costly last night. Still needs to work hard on his defence because he is having to make 3 times as many tackles as Benji at the moment.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 12:13 pm

Fair to give credit when it is due and whilst I haven't watched the replay yet, my impression at the game was that Lui went well, don't think the replay will change my mind and I also noted how Ayshford stood up well in defence.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 12:19 pm

Ayshford is going to be one hell of a player, thought he played really well last night & his defence is top notch, his attack @ the moment i feel is very good.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 5:47 pm

Ayshford is developing into one of the big guns in the team- Mr reliable IMO.

Twodogs

Post by Twodogs » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 5:55 pm

Lui ran much more straight than he has for a while, and i even noticed something approaching effort in defence :o

Ayshford was quiet, but Lawrence has the speed, so the ball went the other way last night. Right centre is mostly a defensive centre as most traffic goes down that side, but he did get horribly out of position once last night, but no need to go sharpening any axes. More promising than Collis.