Utai

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.35 pm Friday 12 August
Venue: CUA Stadium, Penrith
Telecast: ch.9
AmericanHistoryX

Utai

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 10:44 pm

doesnt he make some mistakes and didnt he - but he needs to be in the team somewhere for those - those runs that get us out of our territory and the pressure he takes of the forwards and for the pure spectacle of determination. This guy is hungry and makes up for his imperfections with his spirit to win.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

tigers05

Post by tigers05 » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 10:47 pm

the worst game Ive seen him play in tiger colours and hopefully the last. Matt has been good generally he is entitled to have a poor game and just had one

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 10:48 pm

I disagree mate. He is an absolutely terrible winger. He rarely scores tries, he drops easy passes, he can't jump to defend a kick to save his life, his defense is average at best.

Yes, he runs the ball back like a wild bull........but that is ALL he does. Surely one of the forwards can take that role?

When Lote and Chris are back, I don't see how Utai will get a game.

One skill = great.

Other areas = massive liability.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 10:48 pm

He has to be the #14 once Lote comes back. He is a liability under the high ball and will be targeted if we play him on the wing.

Posted using RoarFEED

Adman

Post by Adman » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 10:54 pm

Moltzen had a good game. Looks like the board needs a new Target. Golly Gosh!.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 10:55 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:He has to be the #14 once Lote comes back. He is a liability under the high ball and will be targeted if we play him on the wing.

Posted using RoarFEED
No14 for BRET, a total liability who is way over rated by people especially the bloke who picks the team. Their are 15 clubs who have him as no1 target and are getting their rewards. The bloke is probably playing his guts out but is way out of his depth in 2011

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 10:56 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:I disagree mate. He is an absolutely terrible winger. He rarely scores tries, he drops easy passes, he can't jump to defend a kick to save his life, his defense is average at best.

Yes, he runs the ball back like a wild bull........but that is ALL he does. Surely one of the forwards can take that role?

One skill = great.

Wingers do this to give the forwards much needed rest.
Yeh tonite wasnt his best nite but lets not forget he played with a broken hand

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 10:58 pm

Adman wrote:Moltzen had a good game. Looks like the board needs a new Target. Golly Gosh!.
Two key drop balls,one on a certain try, a careless penalty, poor reads on d all season, absolutely terrible under the high ball all season....yeah mate, i guess we are 'targetting' someone for the sake of it.

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 11:00 pm

innsaneink wrote:
cnx_tigers wrote:I disagree mate. He is an absolutely terrible winger. He rarely scores tries, he drops easy passes, he can't jump to defend a kick to save his life, his defense is average at best.

One skill = great.

Wingers do this to give the forwards much needed rest.
Yeh tonite wasnt his best nite but lets not forget he played with a broken hand
True, but Lote can take that role + do everything else a million times better.

Broken hand or not tonight = doesn't defend the lack of skill in all areas other than kick returns.

This thread is pointless anyway, Utai won't be dropped from the 17.

Brown will be the one to go. We all know it. No matter what Brown does, he's the one to go.

whoneedstherapy

Post by whoneedstherapy » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 11:02 pm

He's been ok this year but had a shocker from the get go tonight. Tried hard but couldn't catch a cold if he was naked in a snow storm. I was actually wishing for mckinnon to come on to push brown to the wing, moltz to the centres.

He would give us versatility off the bench as hybrid tiger mentioned and hopefully will aim up for next week.

Duffy_P

Post by Duffy_P » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 11:07 pm

Bad, bad, bad tonight.

Very angry at him.

Adman

Post by Adman » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 11:14 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:
Adman wrote:Moltzen had a good game. Looks like the board needs a new Target. Golly Gosh!.
Two key drop balls,one on a certain try, a careless penalty, poor reads on d all season, absolutely terrible under the high ball all season....yeah mate, i guess we are 'targetting' someone for the sake of it.
Seems like it coach.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 11:22 pm

off night by Utai...watch him next week!

izotope

Post by izotope » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 11:28 pm

He's a battering ram. Needs to work on his finishing. Is not a goto man for fancy passes at all

Posted using RoarFEED
tigers!

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 11:33 pm

whether he had an off game or not - yeh maybe. but at this point in time he encapsulates that spirit that we have as a team at the moment - and thats how you reach and win grand finals. this spirit rubs off on the other players. And its not just utai but the whole team - make of that what you will.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 11:35 pm

alexaki wrote:off night by Utai...watch him next week!

I have been watching him for weeks, do you think it will be different next week?? the only difference, he will be a bigger target with bigger rewards

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 11:36 pm

alexaki wrote:off night by Utai...watch him next week!

I have been watching him for weeks, do you think it will be different next week?? the only difference, he will be a bigger target with bigger rewards

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Fri 12 Aug, 2011 11:46 pm

Runs the ball up really well but he dropped a couple of easy passes to-night, If Lotti is back next week i would have Utai on the bench & leave Brown in the centres, was impressed by Browns game to-night.