Jamaica beat USA to qualify for 2021 Rugby League World Cup

Super League and Rugby League Abroad
User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9800
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Re: Jamaica beat USA to qualify for 2021 Rugby League World Cup

Post by Yossarian » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 5:59 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 1:21 pm
Demps wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:03 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:00 pm
I know it is highly unlikely , but if rugby league became a big sport in the Windies can you imagine some of the rugby league players they would produce

Speed , size , creativity ......WOW
They'd be tall and athletic you'd think.... Fast too.
Would be great for the sport.
Did Malcom Marshall have any sons. He would make a good centre with Joel Garner’s offspring on the wing.
Sadly both from Barbados so no dice!


happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41466
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 6:10 pm

Try Yohan Blake , Asafa Powell , Usain Bolt ,Nesta Carter and Richard Thompson

All sub 10 for the hungy , all Jamaiican maaaarn

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4986
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 7:26 pm

I will always admire that great west indies cricket team - my mother cursed them for thrashing the Aussies, still call australia home
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41466
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 7:53 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 7:26 pm
I will always admire that great west indies cricket team - my mother cursed them for thrashing the Aussies, still call australia home
That whole era from about 1976-1994

Most of the quicks from that era would walk into any current side in world cricket

And the batsmen Greenidge ,Haynes ,Richards ,Richardson , Gomes and Clive Lloyd and throw in arguably the most under rated keeper in Jeff Dujon ........

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4986
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 8:04 pm

My bro attended one game and was surprised how athletic Clive Lloyd was -
to catch a ball he could leap like a basket ball player.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)


jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 8:27 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 7:53 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 7:26 pm
I will always admire that great west indies cricket team - my mother cursed them for thrashing the Aussies, still call australia home
That whole era from about 1976-1994

Most of the quicks from that era would walk into any current side in world cricket

And the batsmen Greenidge ,Haynes ,Richards ,Richardson , Gomes and Clive Lloyd and throw in arguably the most under rated keeper in Jeff Dujon ........
Roy Fredericks was outstanding and probably my favourite batsmen of the time.Hall Griffiths and Sobers also brilliant players but before the period you are talking about,wish the Windies could develop a team like that again

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4986
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 8:57 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 8:27 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 7:53 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 7:26 pm
I will always admire that great west indies cricket team - my mother cursed them for thrashing the Aussies, still call australia home
That whole era from about 1976-1994

Most of the quicks from that era would walk into any current side in world cricket

And the batsmen Greenidge ,Haynes ,Richards ,Richardson , Gomes and Clive Lloyd and throw in arguably the most under rated keeper in Jeff Dujon ........
Roy Fredericks was outstanding and probably my favourite batsmen of the time.Hall Griffiths and Sobers also brilliant players but before the period you are talking about,wish the Windies could develop a team like that again
What I read is hindering cricket there is the top sportsmen going to US basket ball instead where there are more jobs and higher money.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
TheDaBoss
Member
Member
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue 21 Aug, 2018 8:43 am
Location: C'Town

Post by TheDaBoss » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 9:44 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 6:10 pm
Try Yohan Blake , Asafa Powell , Usain Bolt ,Nesta Carter and Richard Thompson

All sub 10 for the hungy , all Jamaiican maaaarn
real ting
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 10:11 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 8:57 pm
jadtiger wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 8:27 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 7:53 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 7:26 pm
I will always admire that great west indies cricket team - my mother cursed them for thrashing the Aussies, still call australia home
That whole era from about 1976-1994

Most of the quicks from that era would walk into any current side in world cricket

And the batsmen Greenidge ,Haynes ,Richards ,Richardson , Gomes and Clive Lloyd and throw in arguably the most under rated keeper in Jeff Dujon ........
Roy Fredericks was outstanding and probably my favourite batsmen of the time.Hall Griffiths and Sobers also brilliant players but before the period you are talking about,wish the Windies could develop a team like that again
What I read is hindering cricket there is the top sportsmen going to US basket ball instead where there are more jobs and higher money.
I heard Viv Richards in an interview who said exactly the same thing as you.You cant blame anyone for chasing the dollars in the US market

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41466
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 10:14 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 8:27 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 7:53 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 7:26 pm
I will always admire that great west indies cricket team - my mother cursed them for thrashing the Aussies, still call australia home
That whole era from about 1976-1994

Most of the quicks from that era would walk into any current side in world cricket

And the batsmen Greenidge ,Haynes ,Richards ,Richardson , Gomes and Clive Lloyd and throw in arguably the most under rated keeper in Jeff Dujon ........
Roy Fredericks was outstanding and probably my favourite batsmen of the time.Hall Griffiths and Sobers also brilliant players but before the period you are talking about,wish the Windies could develop a team like that again
Was only very young at the time , but Roy Fredericks 169 at Perth off Lillee ,Thomson ,Gilmour and Walker in the 75/76 series was a fantastic innings

Don't need to look up his score or our bowling attack , stands out like a beacon

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 10:18 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 10:14 pm
jadtiger wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 8:27 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 7:53 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 7:26 pm
I will always admire that great west indies cricket team - my mother cursed them for thrashing the Aussies, still call australia home
That whole era from about 1976-1994

Most of the quicks from that era would walk into any current side in world cricket

And the batsmen Greenidge ,Haynes ,Richards ,Richardson , Gomes and Clive Lloyd and throw in arguably the most under rated keeper in Jeff Dujon ........
Roy Fredericks was outstanding and probably my favourite batsmen of the time.Hall Griffiths and Sobers also brilliant players but before the period you are talking about,wish the Windies could develop a team like that again
Was only very young at the time , but Roy Fredericks 169 at Perth off Lillee ,Thomson ,Gilmour and Walker in the 75/76 series was a fantastic innings

Don't need to look up his score or our bowling attack , stands out like a beacon
I would have been only 22-23 and it was without doubt the most dominant batting display against what was the best bowling line up in the world.Absolutely brilliant

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41466
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 10:55 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 10:18 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 10:14 pm
jadtiger wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 8:27 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 7:53 pm


That whole era from about 1976-1994

Most of the quicks from that era would walk into any current side in world cricket

And the batsmen Greenidge ,Haynes ,Richards ,Richardson , Gomes and Clive Lloyd and throw in arguably the most under rated keeper in Jeff Dujon ........
Roy Fredericks was outstanding and probably my favourite batsmen of the time.Hall Griffiths and Sobers also brilliant players but before the period you are talking about,wish the Windies could develop a team like that again
Was only very young at the time , but Roy Fredericks 169 at Perth off Lillee ,Thomson ,Gilmour and Walker in the 75/76 series was a fantastic innings

Don't need to look up his score or our bowling attack , stands out like a beacon
I would have been only 22-23 and it was without doubt the most dominant batting display against what was the best bowling line up in the world.Absolutely brilliant
I was 7 and it was on the first colour TV I had seen that I remember

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4986
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 8:18 am

Another bro of mine reckons that Viv Richards sharp eye would have caught Warney's balls on the full and nailed them, they played separate eras of course.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
joelw2002
Member
Member
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun 08 Apr, 2018 1:27 am
Location: Campbelltown

Post by joelw2002 » Sat 24 Nov, 2018 7:46 pm

Rugby League is growing in Jamaica, there's plenty of Jamaican players in the ESL. Jamaica would have plenty of pace, I know this winger who plays for the London Skolars in League 1 who probably has equal to or more pace than Addo-Carr.
President of the Mahe Fonua Fan Club

Mahe Fonua Fan Club Members:

upthetigers. happy tiger. NT Tiger. WestsBenTigers. Masterton. westy81. Tiger Steve. Donald Trump. The Patriot. TigerTiger. TopTiger. Earl. JB58. Magpie Magic. Wildcat777. wt01. TheDaBoss.

User avatar
IBleedBlack&Orange
Member
Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue 28 Aug, 2018 11:18 am

Post by IBleedBlack&Orange » Mon 26 Nov, 2018 10:23 am

I mean, it would be good to see some new teams get in. We saw that Aiden Sezer was going to play for Turkey. Australia, England & NZ are going to be the dominant teams with Tonga tracing behind. Jamaica won't win the WC for a few decades yet
Search "clinton gage drone" on YouTube and subscribe to the channel "Drone Photography"

Post Reply