2012 Trials

•  Recent Topics
All First Grade related topics in regards to the off-season through to Season 2012
GNR4LIFE

Re: 2012 Trials

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 19 Jan, 2012 5:00 pm

I think all the C'town jibes have just about run their course. We hear all the time people saying that they don't care about Wests and Balmain, they care about WT. Well C'town are one of our homes so embrace it. All this baiting of certain members to bite is childish

willow

Post by willow » Thu 19 Jan, 2012 5:52 pm

TRIAL MATCHES CONFIRMED FOR FEBRUARY
18/01/2012 5:59:22 PM

Wests Tigers can now confirm details of two big trial matches to be played on February 11 and 18.

The first serious trial match will be held against Parramatta Eels at Bluetongue Stadium, Gosford, on Saturday, February 11. Wests Tigers have a large following on the Central Coast and another bumper crowd is expected.

Three quality games of rugby league will be played at Bluetongue with the main NRL trial at 7.30pm.

A Membership marquee will be set up inside the ground to allow Wests Tigers supporters to become an official member of the Club in 2012.

The official Wests Tigers Merchandise Van will be located opposite the Central Coast Leagues Club. A marquee will also be located inside the ground to allow supporters to purchase the official merchandise gear.

The last serious hit out before the season kick-off in March sees Wests Tigers tackle the Sydney Roosters at Campbelltown Sports Stadium on Saturday, February 18.

The annual trial against the Roosters has traditionally been played at the Sydney Football Stadium but Wests Tigers is pleased to continue its recent trend of hosting more fixtures in Campbelltown.

Three trials will be played from 3.30pm. Tickets go on sale on Monday, January 23, from 9am through ProTicket and Wests Tigers Gearzone stores at Concord Oval and Campbelltown (Brands On Sale Outlet, Shop 234, 32 Queen Street).

Wests Tigers Trial Dates

Saturday, February 11, Bluetongue Stadium, Gosford

3.30pm: NSW State Cup: Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers v Wentworthville
5.15pm: NYC: Wests Tigers v Parramatta Eels
7.30pm: NRL: Wests Tigers v Parramatta Eels.

BUY TICKETS TO EELS TRIAL

Saturday, February 18, Campbelltown Sports Stadium

3.30pm: NSW State Cup: Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers v Newtown Jets
5.15pm: NYC: Wests Tigers v Sydney Roosters
7.30pm: NRL: Wests Tigers v Sydney Roosters

Tickets: On sale Monday, January 23, 9am

Other Club trial matches

Friday, January 27, Concord Oval
6pm: Wests Tigers U20s vs Hull KR Academy side

Saturday, February 4: Sid Parish Oval, Figtree
6pm: Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers v Wests Illawarra

Western Suburbs Magpies trial matches to be advised once confirmed.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Thu 19 Jan, 2012 7:12 pm

Bought my tickets for the eels match and cannot wait!!!

Really hope Tedesco plays!

cunno

Post by cunno » Thu 19 Jan, 2012 7:25 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:I think all the C'town jibes have just about run their course. We hear all the time people saying that they don't care about Wests and Balmain, they care about WT. Well C'town are one of our homes so embrace it. All this baiting of certain members to bite is childish
I'll be there on the 18th hopefully a good size crowd like last year.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Thu 19 Jan, 2012 7:41 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:I think all the C'town jibes have just about run their course. We hear all the time people saying that they don't care about Wests and Balmain, they care about WT. Well C'town are one of our homes so embrace it. All this baiting of certain members to bite is childish
After the 35 pages about how Campbelltown is being snubbed you're objecting to less than half a page of light hearted banter?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 19 Jan, 2012 7:54 pm

Yossarian wrote:
After the 35 pages about how Campbelltown is being snubbed you're objecting to less than half a page of light hearted banter?
Its spam, off topic and baiting.
Leave it for one thread - if you must, eh?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 19 Jan, 2012 9:34 pm

Yossarian wrote:
I do when its baiting. Say what you want about the other thread, agree or disgree you can't argue that its just based on passion, not baitng. The moment someone bites here, rest assured they'll be made to look like the bad guy. Lets just concentrate on the trials

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 19 Jan, 2012 9:54 pm

I remember pretty clearly last years Cambo trial against parra....they looked great as they did in all their trials, we looked ordinary....compare that to the season proper and it really gives a true reflection on what trial match results are worth.

Miller stood out though once he came on....it was like ''whos this kid playing like a real half, havent seen that for years here''

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Thu 19 Jan, 2012 10:03 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
I do when its baiting. Say what you want about the other thread, agree or disgree you can't argue that its just based on passion, not baitng. The moment someone bites here, rest assured they'll be made to look like the bad guy. Lets just concentrate on the trials
I agree re baiting. I was more talking about the couple of posts I saw the previous page which was just very light banter in amongst a proper post. I didn't see some of the other ones. I think given it is the off season you guys could lighten up a touch but yes I agree sometimes it is a bit too openly trolling.

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Fri 20 Jan, 2012 11:33 am

Can,t believe they are playing Foundation cup at C/Town.I normally make a night of it at SFS.I will just have to look forward to the Bluetongue game .We seem to be caving in to the pressure of the old Magpie brigade are putting on the Wests Tigers officials.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 20 Jan, 2012 8:31 pm

The Phantom wrote:Can,t believe they are playing Foundation cup at C/Town.I normally make a night of it at SFS.I will just have to look forward to the Bluetongue game .We seem to be caving in to the pressure of the old Magpie brigade are putting on the Wests Tigers officials.
This club just cannot win

:brick:

black and white tiger

Post by black and white tiger » Fri 20 Jan, 2012 9:15 pm

The Phantom wrote:Can,t believe they are playing Foundation cup at C/Town.I normally make a night of it at SFS.I will just have to look forward to the Bluetongue game .We seem to be caving in to the pressure of the old Magpie brigade are putting on the Wests Tigers officials.
No one is stopping you from doing the same,
enjoy your night..!

willow

Post by willow » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 8:56 am

That's not the case at all. Grow up.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 10:19 am

What? Can't find your way to Campbletown?

You must be a Kool-aid drinker.

What a stupid post.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 12:41 pm

BOHOO BOOHOO :bawling. Was soo looking forward to the foundation cup being at Leichhardt. At my small stature I find the seating at Campbo very cramped. Would hate to be 5'3" or taller.

benji#6

Post by benji#6 » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 12:55 pm

Living in the Illawarra, Im thinking about going to the trial against Wests Illawarra. I know the top line players wont be playing but what do others think about which players we will see in this game. Im hoping to see the likes of Grant, Chisolm, Miller and Humble etc.

the_scene

Post by the_scene » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 2:47 pm

I think that its a great move by the club to move the Foundation Cup to Cambo. While I personally find the SFS much more accessible and 'user friendly'; in the current environment with all the paper talk about the AFL's push into western Sydney, it makes perfect sense to move a PRE SEASON match out west to give the local kids an extra chance to see their team in action.

black and white tiger

Post by black and white tiger » Sat 21 Jan, 2012 3:38 pm

tigergirlz wrote:BOHOO BOOHOO :bawling. Was soo looking forward to the foundation cup being at Leichhardt. At my small stature I find the seating at Campbo very cramped. Would hate to be 5'3" or taller.
You've got to be joking Tigergirlz,
I've been to most stadiums and found the seats to be similar at most of them.
I weigh 105kgs and 5'9'' and never had any problems at CSS compared to anywhere else
Maybe more with the width as to the height. :(
Ive only been to Leichhardt a few times ( and i must admit its been a while ) and found the concrete steps quite uncomfortable and cramped.
Things must have changed since I was last there.
This year I've got the Ultimate package and looking foward to the big luxurious seats at LO.
Can't wait to check them out...! :lol:

Really Tigergirlz, it ain't that bad.