Starting Lock?

•  Recent Topics
All First Grade related topics in regards to the off-season through to Season 2012
tiger91

Re: Starting Lock?

Post by tiger91 » Tue 07 Feb, 2012 7:20 am

I understand you point bob56, but Fulton returned from his shoulder injury in round 6 (if my memory serves me correctly) and Dwyer's unfortunate injury didn't happen until rd. 16. That's 10 weeks to regain your position. In my opinion, it shouldn't take a fully fledged first grader to reclaim his starting position from a rookie.

As I said, I understand your point and it is a valid one, but still believe that Dwyer managed to maintain Fulton's starting position when they were both fit and playing well (even with Dwyer's slight drop in form).

Posted using RoarFEED

everett

Post by everett » Tue 07 Feb, 2012 8:18 am

Now we have size in our pack I would start we ball playing lock Fulton. I think Heighington off the bench could come on to replace Woods or Galloway pushing Blair or Ellis into the front row for a period of the game.

Fulton is an 80 minutes player and his ball playing and great hole running is what we need.

I also like the option of Blair in the front row with Heighington second row and Fulton lock allowing Woods to come off the bench.

Blair gives us a number of options.

Finally we have a quality pack and excellent juniors coming through.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 07 Feb, 2012 8:28 am

Who are the 'ball playing' Locks currently running around in other NRL Teams?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 07 Feb, 2012 8:33 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Who are the 'ball playing' Locks currently running around in other NRL Teams?
Feliti Mateo, Greg Bird, Luke Lewis

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 07 Feb, 2012 9:39 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:Who are the 'ball playing' Locks currently running around in other NRL Teams?
Corey Parker ,Ashley Harrison ,Braith Anasta

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 07 Feb, 2012 9:47 am

Corey Parker isnt a ball-playing lock, and out of those 6 options, Mateo and Lewis are the only ones that have any effect.

I think our team has enough creativity and if we are gona play Ellis and Blair out wide, we need a lock that plays tight.

Does anyone think we may see Moors or BMM in the team for Round 1?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

white_tiger

Post by white_tiger » Tue 07 Feb, 2012 9:53 am

I think sheens believes the days of a ball playing lock are over. He tends to use the N°13 almost as another prop up through the middle of the park ala Gallen and then has 2 wide running back rowers. I think you will either see heighno retain his spot at lock or maybe even Blair named in the number 13.
Last edited by white_tiger on Tue 07 Feb, 2012 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 07 Feb, 2012 10:11 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Corey Parker isnt a ball-playing lock, and out of those 6 options, Mateo and Lewis are the only ones that have any effect.

I think our team has enough creativity and if we are gona play Ellis and Blair out wide, we need a lock that plays tight.

Mate Parker did a pretty good imitation of a ball playing lock last season I am pretty sure he had the most offloads at the Broncos

BMM would be a chance Watto but Moors would be doubtful

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Tue 07 Feb, 2012 12:07 pm

If I recall correctly Mason played a bit of lock for the Cowboys... Just sayin.
I think Sheens will go with Fulton, but its hard to fault Heighington after doing such a great job for so many years. I'm glad i'm not Sheens this year.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 07 Feb, 2012 12:25 pm

Id rather Be Coach Sheens this year with all the expectation and the selection conundrums than in years past when we had little depth.

Hopefully its a year where we will reap the reward of a lit of hard work by many.

Sunnycoast tiger

Post by Sunnycoast tiger » Tue 07 Feb, 2012 12:55 pm

Adam Blair/Ben Murdoch-Masila as a third prop.Both of these players has some ball skills.Ellis and Blair/BMM second row.

willow

Post by willow » Tue 07 Feb, 2012 2:04 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:Corey Parker isnt a ball-playing lock, and out of those 6 options, Mateo and Lewis are the only ones that have any effect.

Mate Parker did a pretty good imitation of a ball playing lock last season I am pretty sure he had the most offloads at the Broncos

BMM would be a chance Watto but Moors would be doubtful
Yeah, BMM would be a fair chance of snagging a spot on the bench. I suspect Moors will line up in the front row for BRET.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 07 Feb, 2012 2:14 pm

I'd love to see Moors there, i'm on of his biggest fans. Unfortunatley i can't see him getting a look in this year unless we have an injury depleted forward pack

Wacko Jacko

Post by Wacko Jacko » Tue 07 Feb, 2012 2:18 pm

happy tiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Corey Parker ,Ashley Harrison ,Braith Anasta
Only players I consider ball playing locks would be Mateo, Lewis and Glenn Stewart

Also I have never seen Fulton play tight so I would say Heigho

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 07 Feb, 2012 3:33 pm

id go heigno, but you cant really go wrong.

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Tue 07 Feb, 2012 4:24 pm

I don't think Heighington will play this week...last I knew he was injured.

21sixers

Post by 21sixers » Wed 08 Feb, 2012 7:51 pm

hieghno's been named as lock so yeh ..but as for our hooker any1 got any info on pat politoni?
guess robbies still on the mend ;)
blood sweat and ...beers

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Wed 08 Feb, 2012 8:00 pm

21sixers wrote:hieghno's been named as lock so yeh ..but as for our hooker any1 got any info on pat politoni?
guess robbies still on the mend ;)
his been at the club for a few years... Pat didnt have the best of years in NYC last year, but all reports says he is going great this off-season and is well respected.

I've always liked him and hope he gets himself involved early!