Very small crowd at Campbelltown tonight.

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Saturday 14 Feb, 7:30pm
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: None
tigerbenji

Re: Very small crowd at Campbelltown tonight.

Post by tigerbenji » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 7:53 am

I love my footy but i can understand people not going when they want to charge you $20 to watch a trial, i feel its a bit over the top when a comp game is $ 25. Also the cost of food is a joke as well, & thats if you can eat it.

skywalka

Post by skywalka » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 8:15 am

I went to Gosford. I've watched a couple trials vs Parra at Campbletown in recent years. When my team is playing in my own back yard I go to watch them. How could you not? I don't care if it's a trial - It's still a game of footy!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 8:39 am

Tiger Watto wrote:My post was aimed at the poor business decision to move this game by Humphreys. It was pretty obvious this game was moved as a result of media spin created by a small minded faction group.

Maybe you have a complex that people refer to the population of your community as peanuts? :lol: :lol: :lol:
If Humphreys moved the match to Campbelltown to appease a "small minded faction group" then he should be sacked. I seriously doubt the match was moved for such reasons

Going by the crowd figures from the same fixture last season, it was an improvement. In addition, it probably makes sense to play such a meaningless clash at Campbelltown because it is our only home ground with easy access to one of our leagues clubs who is also a shareholder in the JV. It is win-win in my opinion.

batboy

Post by batboy » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 10:21 am

I too was at the game, And I was at the Parra trial last year... The Parra trial was definately bigger!!
Maybe everyone went to Leichhardt (Thinking the game would still be there) :D :D
In regards to Sheens and Humpty "Not" Doing enough.... I feel if people want to follow Wests Tigers they will, If they don't they don't... No amount of advertising will change it!! It's common knowledge that the Boys spent the last few weeks in Schools in the Area.... This WILL change the hearts and minds of Kids.
Wests Tigers ARE the local team out that way... The Merch store is in the Area, Games are played out there...
Anyone whinging that $20 is too much to pay for a "Nothing" game... Needs to get a clue!! Hell I would pay $100 to watch Tedescos try on replay. It would be a nothing game if we weren't playing, But we were... And it was truly beautiful (At times) to behold... The anticipation I feel now, After watching the last 2 Trials for the upcoming season far outweighs any season previously... We are looking very sharp!!
There was a question in the thread, "Why are people trying to turn this into a Wests v Balmain thread?" Once again... I feel that despite the proclaimed intention... I feel that is the real nature of this thread.
I'm very confident, Had the game been played at Leichhardt and the same numbers turned up.... The Title of this thread would read something along the lines of How Campbelltown would have got thousands more, Leichhardt is Old and Rubbish... The same old Blah, Blah, Blah!! But because it was at C'Town and no-one went... It's because Wests don't hold a connection with the West!! It's garbage.... I drove over 2hrs to be at the game, And a $20 ticket was nothing for what I witnessed!!
all in all, Poor attendance has nothing what so ever to do with WT's work in the area... Nothing to do with the CEO, And nothing to do with the Coach. The simple fact is, Some people had the Time, Money and Inclination to go and Watch the Benji Marshall show on Saturday Night.... Some didn't!!
I for one... Am glad I went!! Props to Humpty, Sheens and the rest of the staff!! It was a great day, With 3 Great Games!!

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 12:29 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
innsaneink wrote:No muff...good eh?
Jordan Marshall hurt himself warming up...thats about it

My wheels were still on my car but there was a massive bird crap on the windscreen
Bloody Magpies ;)
It was the Collingwood Magpies not the Wests Magpies Ink and CB
If someone from the Collingwood Magpies took a crap on your windscreen that WOULD be a big story. :)

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 1:33 pm

happy tiger wrote:
[\quote] What a load of bullcrap Staks. Theres Wests Tigers fans all over this country. I would wager more outside of Sydney than in it.
Bloody oath Stryker

The Tigers must pull at least 10000 fans at the Broncos v Wests games in Brisbane Last game i reckon the crowd was almost 50-50[/quote]

Its the same in most places mate...very seldom we are out numbered...in fact I believe we usually have the crowd in Canberra. Lot of Tigers fans down here....and none of them are bandwagon.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 1:47 pm

stryker wrote: Its the same in most places mate...very seldom we are out numbered...in fact I believe we usually have the crowd in Canberra. Lot of Tigers fans down here....and none of them are bandwagon.
I've travelled fairly extensively in bush NSW for work and most of the people I've met out that way are usually Parramatta or WT supporters.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 1:57 pm

tigerkaz wrote::( All this whinging about western suburbs magpies v Balmain Tigers is doing my head in. After 12 years you would think that people would be over it. the fact is we are the WESTS TIGERS now and we need to band together. No matter where you come from, what race you are or if you sip latte or suck down a beer,West Tigers are our team. Just because you live in campbelltown doesn't mean you have to go for the Tigers thats a really silly view to have. Before i started using this forum i was blissfully unaware of such great division this team seems to have.It makes me a little ashamed that my fellow Wests Tigers supporters are so narrow minded in this day and age.

Kaz the only place I see or hear this great divide is on this forum.

I have a number of mates who are WT fans, some used to be Balmain, some used to be magpies. I call them the tigers, my maggies mates call them wests.
I hope that Aaron Woods becomes the next Steve Roach, they hope he becomes the next Dallas Donnelly or Les Boyd, I cant believe all these arguments between "Balmain & Magpies fans"

some people are looking for a fight or looking to be slighted.

This all started from a "very small crowd"

Please it was an average crowd for an average trial, nothing more nothing less.

We have one side blaming the Balmain aligned administration for a small crowd and the other saying well they dont deserve games there cause the crowd was small... craziness.

There are loads of fans like me, who considered going to the game, but for whatever reason were not prepared to do so for a trial, I prob wouldn't have went if it was at Leichhardt or SFS either, wasn't really in the mood for the hassle and went to the pub instead.

It had nothing to do with Humpries or Sheens, or not travelling to campbelltown, it was a trial and it didn't suit to go. The previous week I was stinging for a game and went to watch Wests HM and SG Ball (even know IM originally a Balmain fan) cause the game was on at a time and place that suited me (until I tried to park at Erskineville)

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 2:43 pm

At the moment the Roosters are working on a 14 million dollar devolpment of a new club at Narellan, we can't just sit and watch them walk into our area. First its a club, then games at C'town, then taking our juniors. I fail to see how it is a Wests v Balmain issue to want to secure one of Wests Tigers heartlands before another club walks in and trys to make it theres

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 2:48 pm

Roosters have been smart in taking advantage of the frature between the Western Suburbs league and Group 6 league. Wests Tigers should in my opinion be pushing more at Narellan through to Oran Park as their focus rather than the immediate Campbelltown district for issues of demographic, new communities to become a part of etc.

But thats another topic all together.

Big picture it was a trial game and got a trial game crowd. End of story really

Snodgrass

Post by Snodgrass » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 2:53 pm

smeghead wrote: Big picture it was a trial game and got a trial game crowd.

With a trial game result.
. Please Note ... The somewhat garbled opinion reproduced above is not the work of former Western Suburbs, Newtown and Parramatta second rower Warren Snodgrass.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 2:56 pm

Thats it Smeg, its not just the metro area of C'town, you go out to areas like Narellan, Picton, Camden, Plumpton, all along the razorback. We have the potential to match Penrith in regards to juniors. I'm dumbfounded that some people don't give a rats about the area

Anyway, the crowd on Saturday night wasn't any bigger then any other crowd around Sydney for a trial

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 3:00 pm

Its a balancing act Gnr4life. I am confident through the steps taken by the WT in the off season that there will be a well conceived and executed plan in place by seasons end. Take away all of the imaginary factional fantasies and we have some very smart business people involved with the club and business wise it makes sense to place our footprint as wide as possible across the Sydney basin and fight for hearts and minds everywhere while still keeping "our" areas close

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 4:38 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:At the moment the Roosters are working on a 14 million dollar devolpment of a new club at Narellan, we can't just sit and watch them walk into our area. First its a club, then games at C'town, then taking our juniors. I fail to see how it is a Wests v Balmain issue to want to secure one of Wests Tigers heartlands before another club walks in and trys to make it theres
When? When? We've been hearing about this so called club for years...

And so what if they build a club at Narellan? It will just be another venue for desperates to do their cash on the pokies. Nothing to stop Wests Campbelltown building a club out that way...

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 5:00 pm

Yossarian wrote: Nothing to stop Wests Campbelltown building a club out that way...
That is occurring: forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10606&time=1329717604

Gazman

Post by Gazman » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 9:04 pm

As an earlier poster said if you want larger crowds for a trial send them to the bush, in comparison I read that the GWS Nab cup match pulled a crowd of 7100 and if you see crowd figures for Penrith & Parra match wasnt much bigger than ours. So I cant understand why there is an inference that because of the low crowd numbers it has to be the fault of management. PS I am a former Magpie supporter but love the Wests Tigers and havent come across too many other supporters that I know who are complaining about the "old times". :sign:

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Mon 20 Feb, 2012 9:47 pm

What's with the usual "crap on C/town" agenda? The joke really has worn thin. I could bang on about the tree huggers in Balmain but choose not too.

I agree with Bugs views but in this case don't believe there is a connection to the small crowd

Posted using RoarFEED

PrattenParkMagpie

Post by PrattenParkMagpie » Tue 21 Feb, 2012 4:28 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Thats it Smeg, its not just the metro area of C'town, you go out to areas like Narellan, Picton, Camden, Plumpton, all along the razorback. We have the potential to match Penrith in regards to juniors. I'm dumbfounded that some people don't give a rats about the area

Anyway, the crowd on Saturday night wasn't any bigger then any other crowd around Sydney for a trial
Plumpton… yeah why not, get in under the Panthers guard and muscle in on their junior area ;)
Bring back Dr Pepper and Hazelnut Rolls