Tom Humble

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Sunday 4 March 2:00PM
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast:
Tiger Watto

Re: Tom Humble

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 7:40 pm

First time I've seen this kid and I'm impressed... He got straight in and had a real go, had some flair and seems to have a bit of speed.

Well done!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 7:42 pm

king sirro wrote:
Flippedy wrote:Can't anyone else see that the natural selection of Humble at half and Moltzen back at fullback, where is he more suited, would be better all round for the team?
I need some more time before i jump on board with your thoughts but yes, i can see you being right.

If Humble is fullback next week yet demands the ball more than Moltz than something will need to be done.

The only issue i had with Humble was that he didnt contest bombs....that could be a real issue.
Exactly why he would be better at half with Moltz at the back.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

dazza65

Post by dazza65 » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 7:58 pm

Ok well i am willing to eat some humble pie here and say that tom did well in his debut - however in the long run i still think he is a very solid 1st grader ( a la Brown) unlike tedesco who i still think is a future superstar
But for now he holds the one but my view is moltz should be the fb

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 10:13 pm

Flippedy wrote:Can't anyone else see that the natural selection of Humble at half and Moltzen back at fullback, where is he more suited, would be better all round for the team?
I think you're right. Moltzen will have more impact at fullback and Humble showed enough to suggest he'd be a better half than Moltz.

I'd also be happy if Miller was brought in to halfback and Moltzen to fullback and Humble is left as super sub.

Luke

Post by Luke » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 10:14 pm

Very happy with how Humble performed today. He came on played well from the get go. Loved how he chimed into the backline as well! That's what we need from our fullback - somebody who supports around the ruck, runs back hard and chimes into the backline! He has all the skills. Hopefully Sheens will keep him there for the rest of the season!

TigerPete104

Post by TigerPete104 » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 10:15 pm

I was impressed. He looks to be a really reliable player. Going to be a very useful interchange player.

Florrie

Post by Florrie » Sun 04 Mar, 2012 11:55 pm

I was impressed with Tom Humble. I particularly liked the way he tried to rev the guys up between plays. Good to see.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 12:41 am

humble was a very, very highly rated junior in queensland. when he signed with parra a host of nrl clubs were after him including us. for whatever reason it didnt work out there, the parra forums suggest he and kearney had a run in in pre season and he was black listed, many of the supporters were pretty upset he didnt get a run.

different fullback to what tedesco is, so our whole attacking structure will change...wouldnt surprise me to see him play a lot of first receiver and moltzen more of a runner, sweeper like what was successful late last year.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 1:18 am

Everyone spent the off-season drooling over what John Grant could be. I always thought this kid was the smokey out of our new buys, and today he showed just why Parra rated him so highly. I'm wrapped for the kid, altough he could have gotten his chance under better circumstances

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 2:51 am

Humble was always going to be ahead of Grant. One is a junior champion with first grade experience and the other is a rugby convert with a big question mark over him. It's hardly surprising.

tigerlogic

Post by tigerlogic » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 7:37 am

Macdougal u Musnt have seen the NYC game to be calling for Jacob miller at half above Moltzen.. Miller was useless.. In the final set the tigers NYC were attacking the try line to try and win the game and miller touched the ball once! That's pathetic for ur "gun" halfback. This kid I think is so overrated on here, ppl call for him to play first grade yet he can't even dominate his own 20s side! Was the same last year! Moltzen will be fine, it's r1, some ppl have no clue, it was the first game, let players settle in their roles, having a full pre season doesn't mean everything translates onto the field immediately! Give it some time!

Deano1

Post by Deano1 » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 7:49 am

Tend to agree with Tigerlogics call on Miller. If Moltzens going to be judged on the first game of the season then Miller should be as well. Thought Miller was pretty ordinary yesterday, killed more plays than he made.

Back to the topic, I thought Humble went really well and deserves first shot at the no.1 jersey based on what he did yesterday.

you know who

Post by you know who » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 8:47 am

Thought he was good also but worried me by the bombs not taking on the full was surprised that carney didnt bomb us more really

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 9:00 am

you know who wrote:Thought he was good also but worried me by the bombs not taking on the full was surprised that carney didnt bomb us more really
I thought he was all class - especially being thrown in under the circumstances he was.
In regards to letting a ball bounce (and it just making it over the dead ball line) you may remember Moltzen didn't take one on the full last year and was crucified on here for having no heart and not attacking the ball.
All fullbacks have to make these calls - sometimes you get a bad bounce and look silly (even Slater) .
In the end he'll be a great replacement for Tedesco.

tigers05

Post by tigers05 » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 9:04 am

A solid first up effort should be at fullback next week on yesterdays display

gold on black

Post by gold on black » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 11:39 am

Humble stood up today...earned a spot for next week
Impressive considering the circumstances
Behind the goal posts was motivating the team whilst they looked down

Posted using RoarFEED

Pokies

Post by Pokies » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 4:44 pm

fergiefurr wrote:humble was a very, very highly rated junior in queensland. when he signed with parra a host of nrl clubs were after him including us. for whatever reason it didnt work out there, the parra forums suggest he and kearney had a run in in pre season and he was black listed, many of the supporters were pretty upset he didnt get a run.

different fullback to what tedesco is, so our whole attacking structure will change...wouldnt surprise me to see him play a lot of first receiver and moltzen more of a runner, sweeper like what was successful late last year.
If Daniel Anderson hadnt been sacked as Parra coach at the end of 2010 Tom Humble would currently have a starting position in the Eels halves.
Peter Sterling had such a high opinion of his ability after his debut season that he believed he should have been Parra's starting halfback and rated him as one of the best prospects in the NRL.
Thankfully Steve Kearney didn't like Humble one bit and the Tigers (sheens) had a huge wrap on him. So he joined us.
He will go good at 1 but he would look better at 7.