We are too soft.

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 16 March 7:30PM
Venue: Jubilee
Telecast: Ch 9
hybrid_tiger

Re: We are too soft.

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 2:26 am

Our forwards are OFTEN outmuscled and outplayed, that is my point.

Before Ellis came our pack was dominated nearly every week. Tonight without him we were dominated again. Blair was the only one of our forwards who was not dominated in every tackle, and even he did not play that well.

The Dragons pack is not that good. They were missing Scott for starters and have nuffies like Prior, Latimore etc.

So we didn't have any reasons to give it to them?

You bag Mason but the fact is that we are one, probably two props short and the reality is if we had signed him already we wouldn't be throwing a 20 year old to the wolves, would we?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 2:30 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:Our forwards are OFTEN outmuscled and outplayed, that is my point.

Before Ellis came our pack was dominated nearly every week. Tonight without him we were dominated again. Blair was the only one of our forwards who was not dominated in every tackle, and even he did not play that well.

The Dragons pack is not that good. They were missing Scott for starters and have nuffies like Prior, Latimore etc.

So we didn't have any reasons to give it to them?

You bag Mason but the fact is that we are one, probably two props short and the reality is if we had signed him already we wouldn't be throwing a 20 year old to the wolves, would we?
Mason signature will be next week (seriously HT) ,Scott was named in the centres not in the forwards

And yes we are a prop short I think the Begovich decision took them by surprise in all honesty

We didn't let Mitch Brown go for the sake of it

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 9:09 am

Even Farah described the performance as soft.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 9:25 am

Jesus Happy youve watched the last 25 of a match and you want to call some of us supporters soft . Happy im no champion ,but i never turned it up on the footy field .
Fancy making the comments you have and sitting high and mighty on your high horse when you havent even watched the game .
We sign Willy and we will win the comp ? any way thanks for cheering me up ,i did have a few chuckles

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 9:25 am

happy tiger wrote:Just watched the last 25 minutes just to see how soft we were and saw nothing to say were soft

We didn'y play well granted , but this just backs up what I am saying

Seeing Nick Graham step out of Piggy Riddell way in the 50 point hiding back in 2004 That is soft

We played bad thats all Can't change it now lets concentrate on round 4 and the Raiders
Well...thats a surprise.
You dont think you maybe talked yourself into that opinion before you even saw what the rest of us were discussing?
It sure seems like it to me.
Seriously mate....wait till you see the game before commenting
Get a grip

jmp7875

Post by jmp7875 » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 9:31 am

ill keep it short and simple,EMBARRESSING.thats what we were last nite

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 9:49 am

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:Jesus Happy youve watched the last 25 of a match and you want to call some of us supporters soft . Happy im no champion ,but i never turned it up on the footy field .
Fancy making the comments you have and sitting high and mighty on your high horse when you havent even watched the game .
We sign Willy and we will win the comp ? any way thanks for cheering me up ,i did have a few chuckles
Maybe you need to read my comments on Mason , he won't make a big difference

Again you need to READ what i said in regards to not turning up I'm saying in every game most of us played we never threw in the towel , so why do you think professional footballers who rely on the game and the money they earn would do so either

And calling supporters soft , you support your side no matter how they play You back them through thick and thin .You don't bag the crap out of them every time they play badly

Some of us who are old Magpies saw performances like this on a weekly basis but we stayed strong So i'll stick by what I said Some of the supporters on here are soft

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 9:52 am

innsaneink wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Just watched the last 25 minutes just to see how soft we were and saw nothing to say were soft

We didn'y play well granted , but this just backs up what I am saying

Seeing Nick Graham step out of Piggy Riddell way in the 50 point hiding back in 2004 That is soft

We played bad thats all Can't change it now lets concentrate on round 4 and the Raiders
Well...thats a surprise.
You dont think you maybe talked yourself into that opinion before you even saw what the rest of us were discussing?
It sure seems like it to me.
Seriously mate....wait till you see the game before commenting
Get a grip
Mate I'm the one with a grip We can't do anything about what happened last night now and we need to move on And what was so different about the 55 minutes :roll:

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 9:57 am

old magpie supporters watching this type of football weekly , well we dont want to go back their do we , if we did our club will only get crap players coming here overpaid , and we will run last or second last all the time , multi million dollar buisness , if they need bagging , so be it , if they need a rocket , so be it

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 10:01 am

Wtg Happy once again Rugby League was the winner.No wonder you can handle a loss like last night being an old Wests fan .I was involved in the Maggies 98-99 teams and although they got towelled week in week out they always turned up to play,their excuse was they never had the roster .We have the so called roster.I dont bag the crap out of them after every loss,just the losses like last night but at least ive seen the game to comment on it .You can ACCEPT a mediocre performance , but i wont .As for reading all the posts in here ,i couldnt be bothered , my opinion is the only one i listen to .not a bloke whos watched the last 25 of a game .lmfao

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 10:11 am

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:Wtg Happy once again Rugby League was the winner.No wonder you can handle a loss like last night being an old Wests fan .I was involved in the Maggies 98-99 teams and although they got towelled week in week out they always turned up to play,their excuse was they never had the roster .We have the so called roster.I dont bag the crap out of them after every loss,just the losses like last night but at least ive seen the game to comment on it .You can ACCEPT a mediocre performance , but i wont .
I haven't accepted last nights performance I said they haven't played well and things need to change I am concerned but again IT IS ROUND 3

As i said to Stryker last night the loss against Manly should of hurt more than last nights loss We had total control over that game

Last night we were never really in it

My POINT is we weren't soft last night , we kept showing up in defence and kept scrambling all night Look at the Soward break late we had players pouring back in the numbers to attempt and prevent the try

A team that is soft doesn't do that They toss in the towel and get beaten by 50-60

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 10:15 am

Soward ran out of gas , he stopped to look for his support play.
Manly is a team that will be there when the whips are cracking . Saints are not contenders in any way.have a look at Saints trys in the first half , from memory all soft one on one misses. reins strolled through the middle of the ruck .

shifty

Post by shifty » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 10:19 am

happy tiger wrote:A team that is soft doesn't do that They toss in the towel and get beaten by 50-60
And a losing scoreline of 36-12 is so much better....

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 10:25 am

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:Soward ran out of gas , he stopped to look for his support play.
Manly is a team that will be there when the whips are cracking . Saints are not contenders in any way.have a look at Saints trys in the first half , from memory all soft one on one misses. reins strolled through the middle of the ruck .
So obviously the players were just heading back to the ingoal to commiserate another try , not going back to try and stop Soward

And with our defence we are in the middle of a massive change With Gibbs in the side we were able to use line speed to get up in the oppositions faces Without Gibbs we are trying to learn how to control the ruck through the wrestle this is going to take time especially with the fact we have a very young core for our forward pack

Don't panic everyone To those who think it is all doom and gloom you are more than welcome to do something else . I still can't believe people just thought we would waltz through this season without a few hiccups along the way

Montague Street

Post by Montague Street » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 11:03 am

[....] My POINT is we weren't soft last night , we kept showing up in defence and kept scrambling all night Look at the Soward break late we had players pouring back in the numbers to attempt and prevent the try

A team that is soft doesn't do that They toss in the towel and get beaten by 50-60[/quote]

I think there is a reverse Emperor's New Clothes fable in this. Robbie Farah and most fans, spectators and commentators say the Tigers were soft in defence but a few logal Tigers fans don't see that, they see a team that "kept showing up in defence" ?!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Rugby League: The Game They Play in Hell

tw33k

Post by tw33k » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 11:16 am

Watch the game and you'll see saints forwards with 2 defenders wrestling him still making ground. The bare minimum of effort was used in defence. All the dragons first half tries were a result of soft defence in the middle. A woeful performance.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 12:51 pm

We were flat ,we didn't control the ball well and we didn't wrap the big saints forwards up we didn't play well the issues others have raised about being soft is certainly not right

Our young forwards played too much game time and didn't cope Thats poor bench management not being soft

I thought the effort was there but the Saints out enthused us and played better As I have said this can happen to any side any given game

Farah and Sheens were just trying to provide word service to the journos to try and get the boys to lift their intensity next week by labelling us soft

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 1:16 pm

LOL.....youre delusional happy, and trolling to boot
The captain admitted we were soft, why cant you??