Moltzen and Groat

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 16 March 7:30PM
Venue: Jubilee
Telecast: Ch 9
MacDougall

Re: Moltzen and Groat

Post by MacDougall » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 11:55 am

Groat isn't even 20 yet and he's playing the hardest position in the hardest competition in the hardest sport in the world.

LaT

Post by LaT » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 11:56 am

So should we turf every rookie who fails to make an massive impact in their first dozen games?
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

tw33k

Post by tw33k » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 11:57 am

Moltzen ran the ball 5 times, made 15 meters with 0 line breaks and 0 offloads. Not good enough

I forgot his 3 handling errors

His opposite number ran the ball 9 times for 32 meters, broke the line once and offloaded. He also scored a try.

Hornby kicked 7 times to Moltzen's 1

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 1:14 pm

I think last year, especially at the back end of the season proved that Tim Moltzen's best position in NRL is at fullback.

Lui may have had shocking defence and has alledgerly done some very low acts off the field but he was a far better attacking half than Moltzen ever will be. Lui was developing nicely and was having some of his best games in big matches.

Young James Tedesco is a special talent and maybe to fit him in Sheens saw Moltzen at #7. Now with Tedesco's injury we should re-think our #1 and #7 spots after all they are 2 of the most key positions in the side.

In my opinion I would move Moltzen to #1 it suits his game and he is our best option for that position for the rest of this year.

For #7 I would give Jacob Miller and etxended go (tell him he has the job for at least the next 5 matches). Look I have some doubts about his defence but he can organize and is very good in attack. He also from what I have seen have a more effective kicking game than Moltzen.

Long term I think our #7 will come from one of the two halves in the Balmain SG Ball side this year.

Post by 851 » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 1:43 pm

To the people saying give Moltzen time,come on,we are not talking about a guy from toyota cup,Moltzen has been in the top grade since I think 2008,he has had time,he does not cut it,go to union please Tim so we can move on.
His stats for a halfback are embarressing,Sheen's surely must know this,Benji must be calling the shots on Moltzen's selection each week.
Put Humble to 7,Reddy to 1 and Moltzen can go practice in NSW cup,Groat on the other hand will get better,but he should not be starting in front of Bell.
Go hard or go home

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 1:56 pm

citizen cub wrote:I think forumers should not come to expect big things early in the season, we are clearly a team who doesn't peak early and are more prone to peak later in the season. I'm still optimistic, we are premiership favourites for a reason.

As for you people who claim Moltzen isn't a halfback, you should take a good look at yourselves. Up until last week, we had never lost a game with Moltzen at halfback. No coincidence either, the guy has a good passing game, running game and has terrific vision and can defend (unlike Lui), important assets in being a quality half. The role he's playing at the moment does not come naturally to him and I can't understand why Sheen's has instructed him to play this role.

Are you crazy? Have you watched the games? He is the worst halfback in the NRL by a long way. In fact, he is in contention to be the worst player playing first grade.

Get rid of him. If Sheen's does not, then get rid of him as well.

We will never win a comp with Moltzen in the team. I have been saying since I forget when, that he will cost us big time. And boy, has he. Last year's semi against the Warriors and again last night. He was involved in three tries. All by St. George/Illawarra.

He is not alone however. Sheen's insists on playing out of form players, notably, Ayshford, Heinington and Farah.

God help us (and Sheen's) if Benji ever gets badly hurt.

Time for some youth and some speed.

One more thing. Am I mistake or did Sheen's only play three of the four reserves last night? Can't recall Meany getting a run. Good one Tim.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 2:06 pm

Well said Col,i see it like you do .

Chunk

Post by Chunk » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 4:09 pm

I think there should be more acknowledgemnt that our pack was dominated last night. Most halfback struggle when that happens.

PS I can't believe I'm in Moltzens corner, never really rated him but I want to see how he goes when our pack dominates. He has a full off season training there.

He has to play well or we are in real trouble

Chunky love machine

Post by Chunky love machine » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 9:27 pm

willow wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Groat shouldn't be starting. Too raw.

Moltzen doesn't have the same excuse. He is just mediocre.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
x2. Groat will improve with age and experience. Moltzen looks anything but a halfback. There's no creativity, no kicking game and he's not taking the line on either. Tigers are essentially playing without a halfback and fullback at the moment.
Bingo, we have a winner!!!!! No half and no fullback, just bodies in jerseys. Heartbreaking what might have been with Tedesco. Damn!!!! As for moltz, he may as well carry water bottles when he plays so we can save a trainers wage. He's obviously not bothered with niggling things such as playing football

Chunky love machine

Post by Chunky love machine » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 9:33 pm

magpiecol wrote:
citizen cub wrote:I think forumers should not come to expect big things early in the season, we are clearly a team who doesn't peak early and are more prone to peak later in the season. I'm still optimistic, we are premiership favourites for a reason.

As for you people who claim Moltzen isn't a halfback, you should take a good look at yourselves. Up until last week, we had never lost a game with Moltzen at halfback. No coincidence either, the guy has a good passing game, running game and has terrific vision and can defend (unlike Lui), important assets in being a quality half. The role he's playing at the moment does not come naturally to him and I can't understand why Sheen's has instructed him to play this role.

Are you crazy? Have you watched the games? He is the worst halfback in the NRL by a long way. In fact, he is in contention to be the worst player playing first grade.

Get rid of him. If Sheen's does not, then get rid of him as well.

We will never win a comp with Moltzen in the team. I have been saying since I forget when, that he will cost us big time. And boy, has he. Last year's semi against the Warriors and again last night. He was involved in three tries. All by St. George/Illawarra.

He is not alone however. Sheen's insists on playing out of form players, notably, Ayshford, Heinington and Farah.

God help us (and Sheen's) if Benji ever gets badly hurt.

Time for some youth and some speed.

One more thing. Am I mistake or did Sheen's only play three of the four reserves last night? Can't recall Meany getting a run. Good one Tim.
Add Lawrence to that list too, although I think Ayshford and Lawry's dramas are a product of a disjointed halves combo. At least Benji's happy his mate is playing (?) beside him.

Diver

Post by Diver » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 10:32 pm

Although i dont believe Moltz will ever be the worlds greatest halfback, i do believe he will get better over the next few games to the point where ill be happy with him there.

Groat has never really impressed me, he always seems to have his tongue hanging out panting for oxygen after being on the field for 5mins everytime! And when he grabbed the opposition by the leg last night and spun him around 360degrees with a minute on the clock to get a penalty, i nearly punched my tele off the wall.

i did like Moors and Bell again.

Not sure whats doing with Ayshford this year, he seems lost compared to other years. Im normally a massive fan of his.

Diver

Post by Diver » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 10:35 pm

Chunky love machine wrote:
willow wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Groat shouldn't be starting. Too raw.

Moltzen doesn't have the same excuse. He is just mediocre.

x2. Groat will improve with age and experience. Moltzen looks anything but a halfback. There's no creativity, no kicking game and he's not taking the line on either. Tigers are essentially playing without a halfback and fullback at the moment.
Bingo, we have a winner!!!!! No half and no fullback, just bodies in jerseys. Heartbreaking what might have been with Tedesco. Damn!!!! As for moltz, he may as well carry water bottles when he plays so we can save a trainers wage. He's obviously not bothered with niggling things such as playing football

hahaha, cheers for the laugh!

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 10:52 pm

harsh talk on timy , this is the same player that turned in some great games in 2011 seasonn end relax he will come good ,, dragqueens wanted him for the next three years , but we still have him , tigers are winners thats why he stayed

tigerbite

Post by tigerbite » Sat 17 Mar, 2012 10:55 pm

Moltzen to fullback , groat go to bench or Toyota cup Give BMM a start at least the big fella ran straight and hard , humble looked to spark something last week the few minutes he played up in the line , miller ?

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 12:46 am

andrew 474 wrote:harsh talk on timy , this is the same player that turned in some great games in 2011 seasonn end relax he will come good ,, dragqueens wanted him for the next three years , but we still have him , tigers are winners thats why he stayed
Moltzen played about five or six good games last season, the rest of the time he was a liability.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 1:07 am

And even the good games Moltzen did play last year were a result of him being a support player. He never created a thing, not once.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 1:14 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:And even the good games Moltzen did play last year were a result of him being a support player. He never created a thing, not once.
Spot on. All his highlight reel consists of is running off Benji. Even when he was at halfback before he got injured.

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Sun 18 Mar, 2012 3:38 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
andrew 474 wrote:harsh talk on timy , this is the same player that turned in some great games in 2011 seasonn end relax he will come good ,, dragqueens wanted him for the next three years , but we still have him , tigers are winners thats why he stayed
Moltzen played about five or six good games last season, the rest of the time he was a liability.