close to the worst outside backs in the comp.

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Monday 26 March 7:00PM
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: Fox2
milford_magic

close to the worst outside backs in the comp.

Post by milford_magic » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 10:29 pm

Close to the worst outside backs in the comp. I will excuse Lawrence, who Is all class and finding his feet after last year, but the others are terrible.

I would swap every single player in the Tigers outside backs (1-5) for every single one of Canberras. Of course id keep Lawrence, but even Joel Thompson isnt far behind him. The rest I would swap in a heartbeat. Guys like Reddy and Ryan, they do nothing wrong but they sure as hell dont win you games generally (Im aware Ryans done a few plays in recent times at the death. Dont get me wrong, these guys arent doing anything wrong, Ryan has been one of our better backs, but thats cause we are accepting mediocrity. And then theres Ayshford, the most overated forum player ever. The guy has one great game vs NZ last year, and then a few ok games, and people tell you he should play rep footy. Hell if Tigers fans supported the Raiders, theyd be saying 7+ guys from that team tonight should be playing origin.

The fact is these guys are all too slow. Its not what these guys are doing wrong (even though Ayshford is doing alot wrong...Ryan/Reddy arent), its what THEY CANT DO. These guys are all safe footballers with no spark. If It was Ryan, Ayshford, Reddy, who picked up that ball Croker did before half time, would any of them of made it 30 metres??? If those three had been given the ball with space to work like the Raiders were tonight, would they of done anything?? No, cause these guys dont have the spark or pace. And I dont know if an aging Tuquiri changes the world either.

Unfortunately theres very little in the squad too replace, but in the future Id much rather swap guys like this for players who are a little raw but have some pace and spark in them. I feel bad for someone like Marshall having to work with players like this, give him a decent backline and hed be twice the player.

gazroc

Post by gazroc » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 10:35 pm

Are you for real, how backs hardly get the ball, when Marshall is running sideways and either kicking on the 2nd and third tackle or throwing the ball over the sideline, wake up and smell the linament.

milford_magic

Post by milford_magic » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 10:43 pm

gazroc wrote:Are you for real, how backs hardly get the ball, when Marshall is running sideways and either kicking on the 2nd and third tackle or throwing the ball over the sideline, wake up and smell the linament.
These guys are nothing but safe footballers - Mitch Brown was the same sort of player. Maybe you can have one of them in your team, but tell me how many top teams have there backline made up of these players. If you honestly think any of these guys are great players with ball in hand youve got rocks in your head. They were all well and truely in a different class to there opposite numbers tonight... but yes the effort was there from them.

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 10:48 pm

Molten is woeful. Humble is woeful. Miller is too young. Reddy is crap. Ryan is slow, bit good on him. Ayshford is good when we go forward but we have groat in our forward pack and hangers on like heighno that are wasting space. Worst back line in the comp except for marshall
2 October 2005 was the greatest day of my life ...

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 10:51 pm

aysford and lawerence look like rabbits in the headlights JUST AWFUL BOTH VERY OVERATED CHUMPS. CROKER SCHOOLED THEM MADE THEM MADE THEM LOOK LIKE UNDER 6S.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 10:53 pm

Considering the back three saved about a half a dozen tries between them I think your pointing your finger at some of the wrong people.
They were put in a position where an avalanche of traffic was coming their way courtesy of 48 missed tackles .
Ayshford and Lawrence had poor games again ( Lawrence causing ANOTHER try to be scored by rushing out of the line)
Marshall had another mixed bag (defended poorly) and would be lucky to get a 5 out of 10.
Miller tried hard but I think it all became too much for him with the weight of possession against us.
As for the forwards..... Ellis tried hard the whole game , Woods made a few decent runs and that's it.
Really - no team would have won with that amount of possession against them.
I thought they (mainly) looked like they were really trying.
We just look so disjointed - both in attack and defence.
Nobody knows where they're supposed to be!
Surely changing so many positions week in week out can't do any good - and we're the only team who do it!

Mighty Tigers

Post by Mighty Tigers » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 11:04 pm

Forwards simply are not going forwad soft.Like big Teddy bears having a picnic.You can't blame the backs although form is not on their side.The team as a whole is still on holidays.Man up boys pathetic all the way round the park( still love u guys and keeping the faith)

tigermanboy

Post by tigermanboy » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 11:06 pm

Tigers have got to give John grant a game he was a try scoring machine when he played rugby he is 195cm tall 103kg and he is the fastest player in the NRL give him a go sheens. The team we have now ain't scoring try's 2 years ago in rugby's Shute shield he scored 22 tries in one season. We payed money for him in the off season yet he has not played first grade yet

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

milford_magic

Post by milford_magic » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 11:10 pm

cktiger wrote:Considering the back three saved about a half a dozen tries between them I think your pointing your finger at some of the wrong people.
I tried to make that point clear. I thought Reddy was safe tonight, particularly up high, and Ryan made alot of good defensive reads. But Canberras ball movement and ability to run it showed me what we lack tonight. We play a similar game to them believe it or not, and alot of the time we give our backs similar opportunities, but you woudlnt realise cause we dont have the skill outwide to make the metres off these chances like Canberra did tonight.

They were a 30+ better side than us tonight.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 11:22 pm

I watched the game very closeley to-night & i came away scratching my head, our forwards were shocking, Woods tried hard as did Ellis & Fulton. There backs looked like they had spiders on them, we just dont tackle properly or we stand there watching them dance around us, even when we led 12-6 we didnt look good. I was really glad we got Blair but to-night is the worst game i have seen him play he is to wide in defence & also in attack, our season isnt over yet but we now have to play Souths & then the Broncos so its not going to get any easier, so Tigers pull your fingers out & give us something to cheer about.

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 7:31 am

In the 1st 4 rounds Pomeroy/Best, Lyon/Whare, Stanley/Green and Berrigan/Croker have all seriously outplayed Lawrence and Ayshford. Poor reads from Lawrence and arm grabbing from Ayshford 4 weeks in a row are unacceptable. Lawrence is a Test Centre for Gods sake.

hellman

Post by hellman » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 8:21 am

We need speed, speed and more speed. And they can't be too small either.

Lawrence and Ayshford aren't cutting it in the centres. Reddy simply isn't quick enough. Ryan is playing like a man possessed however he isn't really elusive.

Moltzen has been poor all season but looks to me our best runner of the footy especially if you consider Benji as our only playmaker (which is what he is).

Miller gets all this hype but he has really done nothing when given his chances.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 9:41 am

hellman wrote:We need speed, speed and more speed. And they can't be too small either.

Lawrence and Ayshford aren't cutting it in the centres. Reddy simply isn't quick enough. Ryan is playing like a man possessed however he isn't really elusive.

Moltzen has been poor all season but looks to me our best runner of the footy especially if you consider Benji as our only playmaker (which is what he is).

Miller gets all this hype but he has really done nothing when given his chances.
Miller got shafted again by Sheens in the second half. With all the chances that Moltzen has had what has he ever done to deserve his spot.

48 missed tackles by the Tigers, I watched Moltzen miss 5 in the one movement. Give me a break.

hellman

Post by hellman » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 12:10 pm

magpiecol wrote:
hellman wrote:We need speed, speed and more speed. And they can't be too small either.

Miller got shafted again by Sheens in the second half. With all the chances that Moltzen has had what has he ever done to deserve his spot.

48 missed tackles by the Tigers, I watched Moltzen miss 5 in the one movement. Give me a break.
Did you watch the game last night. I did and it was painful. It was also obvious we had two runners of the footy out there who good actually trouble the defence - those players were Ellis and Moltzen. These are the only players Benji could give the ball too and hope that something happens.

Lawrence is a gun but he is out of form. Humble looks alright as well but he doesn't look good.

willow

Post by willow » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 12:23 pm

Marshall and Ryan are the only two backs really worth picking at the moment. Both centres are horribly out of form, with Rowdy being held together by strapping tape at the moment. Reddy is solid but slow as already mentioned. Ayshford simply looks terrible and appears disinterested out there. The lack of a genuine fullback and halfback is killing the team, and the lack of a true number 9 last night also added to the overall bleak picture.

The season is far from over, but the Tigers have an enormous amount of work to do if they're going to be considered a top 4 side. Right now they're a bottom 4 side.

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 12:48 pm

I think it is unfair to include Ryan in that mix, he has been outstanding all year. He has provided plenty in attack adn defence in all area's all year. He has been very Jason Nightingale like.

Ayshford and Lawrence, were our strength in recent times, but are terribly out of form.

I think our problem as clearly been our discipline.

People are highlighting the large number of missed tackles, which is far too high, however, I believe that this is a direct result of no ball, it snowballs the longer you have to defend the greater your fatigue and the more mistakes you make. We started making very few mistakes, but once we started giving away penalties, they were able to get into position for repeat sets and all of a sudden we have no ball, and when we do we give it straight back.

We really need to work on that. Blair, Woods, Groat and Aysford all seem to be giving away alot of penalties. This in my opinion is the biggest problem.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 12:57 pm

tigermanboy wrote:Tigers have got to give John grant a game he was a try scoring machine when he played rugby he is 195cm tall 103kg and he is the fastest player in the NRL give him a go sheens. The team we have now ain't scoring try's 2 years ago in rugby's Shute shield he scored 22 tries in one season. We payed money for him in the off season yet he has not played first grade yet

Thia is about the 3rd thread you have copied and pasted this post into. Are you a relative?