It really is time for Sheens to go........

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Sunday 1 April 3:00PM
Venue: SCG
Telecast: Ch9 Delay
tiger4ever

Re: It really is time for Sheens to go........

Post by tiger4ever » Sat 14 Apr, 2012 6:29 pm

i dont really care where cnx thinks the players are at now....yeah and the players that have left to go to different coaches...hows that panned out for them.

Granto87

Post by Granto87 » Sat 14 Apr, 2012 6:40 pm

tiger4ever wrote:i dont really care where cnx thinks the players are at now....yeah and the players that have left to go to different coaches...hows that panned out for them.
You base you arguments to suit your agenda.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sat 14 Apr, 2012 6:53 pm

what you on about.....please explain ...you have lost me....or you got nothing

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sat 14 Apr, 2012 7:12 pm

No one is saying Sheens can't coach (although it is debatable whether he can coach defense).

It's more that he's been here too long..........and 2.5 more years to come.

Lang won a comp. Folkes won a comp. Winning one shouldn't be a job for life.

Sheensy has had a great roster the past three years. England's best player + the world player of the year winner + a host of rep players. In that time, we've not even made a GF.

Last season't exit was very poor and this season's start has been shockingly poor.

I don't know, some of you fellas seem content with what we've achieved.

Others expect more...the past two years the Roosters and Warriors have made grand finals. We've had a MUCH better roster than either of them............

If you are happy with what we've achieved, good for you.

But this squad has underachieved ever since 2005 except for one season (2010). This squad should have been in a few GF's. It's a hell of a talented squad. It's a shame the Ellis era likely won't see us even make a GF.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 14 Apr, 2012 7:29 pm

lol you would think 3 finals appearences in 10 seasons would be hard to defend but some people do it without even breaking a sweat :lol:

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sat 14 Apr, 2012 7:37 pm

It's all a matter of mentality.

Some people remember the bleak days of Wests and Balmain (after 1990) and think "wow, we are relevant again. Thank you Sheensy".

Others think "we've got a once in a generation player in Benji.......we've got the best local hooker since Benny Elias...we've got possibly the best English player ever in Ellis...we've got a host of current or ex rep players...how come we haven't made a GF during Benji and Ellis' prime years???"

We've had a top 2 roster since Ellis joined us IMO. Yet inferior teams like the Roosters and Warriors have made GFs.

Have we underachieved? I don't see how people don't see this. Look at some of the recent grand finalists....comps were there to be won.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sat 14 Apr, 2012 7:54 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:No one is saying Sheens can't coach (although it is debatable whether he can coach defense).

It's more that he's been here too long..........and 2.5 more years to come.

Lang won a comp. Folkes won a comp. Winning one shouldn't be a job for life.

Sheensy has had a great roster the past three years. England's best player + the world player of the year winner + a host of rep players. In that time, we've not even made a GF.

Last season't exit was very poor and this season's start has been shockingly poor.

I don't know, some of you fellas seem content with what we've achieved.

Others expect more...the past two years the Roosters and Warriors have made grand finals. We've had a MUCH better roster than either of them............

If you are happy with what we've achieved, good for you.

But this squad has underachieved ever since 2005 except for one season (2010). This squad should have been in a few GF's. It's a hell of a talented squad. It's a shame the Ellis era likely won't see us even make a GF.
Yeah yeah bla bla we have heard it all before cnx .

penrith made a mistake letting go of lang that's their problem...they went backwards

Im happy if my team wins but if they don't i get over it...i don't turn on anyone and then go through the game and try and analyze it...its early in the season....every bloody post...gees give it a break...if you feel that strong about maybe write a letter to the club or go to training and give it to them.

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sat 14 Apr, 2012 8:02 pm

This is a forum Tiger4Eva...........my apologies for discussing footy here. I was under the impression that's what the place was for, to discuss the Tigers and RL.

So...how's the latest paint job going at Blacktown station? Any new shops added to the local Westfield there? If you don't want to discuss or "analyze" footy.......................

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 14 Apr, 2012 8:08 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:This is a forum Tiger4Eva...........my apologies for discussing footy here. I was under the impression that's what the place was for, to discuss the Tigers and RL.

So...how's the latest paint job going at Blacktown station? Any new shops added to the local Westfield there? If you don't want to discuss or "analyze" footy.......................
No, we're allowed to talk footy, you just can't vent frustration thats all. If we win fantastic, if not its expected we just say 'thats a shame, oh well always next week'. If you don't take the latter approach then you aren't a true supporter and you aren't welcome on this forum :evil:

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sat 14 Apr, 2012 8:24 pm

Im disagreeing with you.....but i will say there's only one thing you have been posting.And we have heard it every year several times over not only by you.

I read stats t and we have had 45% possession over the whole year and most penalised team in the comp...guess what you cant win football games....But that's a excuse isn't it

lol wouldn't have a clue how blacktowns going... i actually have a car.

gnr4life don't go soft on me...you said it all really whats the point in stewing over it.

I haven't said to anyone on here there not a true supporter or im better...that's not me

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 14 Apr, 2012 8:30 pm

tiger4ever wrote:Im disagreeing with you.....but i will say there's only one thing you have been posting.And we have heard it every year several times over not only by you.

I read stats t and we have had 45% possession over the whole year and most penalised team in the comp...guess what you cant win football games....But that's a excuse isn't it

lol wouldn't have a clue how blacktowns going... i actually have a car.

gnr4life don't go soft on me...you said it all really whats the point in stewing over it.

I haven't said to anyone on here there not a true supporter or im better...that's not me
Not you, but there certainly has been an influx of members with that mentality of late

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sat 14 Apr, 2012 9:23 pm

No discussion can ever take place when people's minds are closed.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 14 Apr, 2012 10:27 pm

Clearly it doesnt take much to make some happy....3 out of 9 seasons.
That, put simply... is crap
You can spin as many excuses around it....33% is a.......

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sat 14 Apr, 2012 10:51 pm

innsaneink wrote:Clearly it doesnt take much to make some happy....3 out of 9 seasons.
ink...did you think we would ever win a competition?

2010 2011 AND HOPE 2012 that makes us one of the good sides....yeah not as good as melbourne but on our day.

i dont consider a grand final win as a 1...mate that worth atleast 5...ask smith if he would swap 5 or 10 of his semi final appearances for 1 grand final win...you know what he would do

tom620

Post by tom620 » Sat 14 Apr, 2012 10:53 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:It's all a matter of mentality.

Some people remember the bleak days of Wests and Balmain (after 1990) and think "wow, we are relevant again. Thank you Sheensy".

Others think "we've got a once in a generation player in Benji.......we've got the best local hooker since Benny Elias...we've got possibly the best English player ever in Ellis...we've got a host of current or ex rep players...how come we haven't made a GF during Benji and Ellis' prime years???"

We've had a top 2 roster since Ellis joined us IMO. Yet inferior teams like the Roosters and Warriors have made GFs.

Have we underachieved? I don't see how people don't see this. Look at some of the recent grand finalists....comps were there to be won.

Roosters and Warriors making GF are good points.

But also look at this year - the Bulldogs are doing well. I would ask the question of what would have happened if we had brought in Hasler?
If this year doesnt turn into a miracle, you do have to ask whether showing the 'faith' in Sheens - is just crazy.

With the salary cap, how much you spend on the coach and training staff and facilities are so crucial and its where lots of teams are pushing their spending (think of the recent moves by Knights - with Bennett and Bulldogs - with Hasler on 750k and spending up to 9 million on a training centre at Belmore).

The coach is always the person things are hung on (just think of other teams and sports were people get booted regularly). And with a salary cap this will (or should) happen more and more.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 14 Apr, 2012 11:19 pm

tiger4ever wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Clearly it doesnt take much to make some happy....3 out of 9 seasons.
ink...did you think we would ever win a competition?

2010 2011 AND HOPE 2012 that makes us one of the good sides....yeah not as good as melbourne but on our day.

i dont consider a grand final win as a 1...mate that worth atleast 5...ask smith if he would swap 5 or 10 of his semi final appearances for 1 grand final win...you know what he would do
You can bring up other coaches, you can equate a premiership with 5 semis series :crazy you always do this
you twist things, but one thing you never do is FACE FACTS

3 out of 9, or twice in sevens years since the GF...its not good.

hoping this year makes us good???? not quite melbourne like but on our day?
Whens our day?
Listen to yourself....youre talking crazy and as usual with you these threads go nowhere
No discussion can ever take place when people's minds are closed.
So very very very true.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sat 14 Apr, 2012 11:51 pm

I never face facts...oh that coming from you...i like you saying i always twist things around that's the funniest

You can talk gloom and doom thats your go not mine

If we make the semis 3 years in a row...in my eyes it makes us one of the stronger teams.

Judge him on the last year and this when it finishes.

And unlike you ink i can have a disagreement and not resort to calling anyone stupid or crazy...i put my point across

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sun 22 Apr, 2012 11:28 pm

Simon Dwyer for head coach
:righton: