Homeless tent city in Martin Place..

General Social Discussion
John86045

Re: Homeless tent city in Martin Place..

Post by John86045 » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 8:01 pm

As you can see that, a number of outdoor tents, people choose to buy on camp supply. The choice you make for your tent wants to base your space requirements, the number of people you can house, the warmth and light of the materials. The value, stability, and comfortable of the meeting should also be measured. Understanding what kind of tent, our offer will help you buy the right for your travelling trip. You need to do is calculate what you are asking before paying. Prices of each item can be low-cost, so you should also consider your payments plan.
Thanks& regards,
John Pitter
Refugee Tents | Military Tents

Bob

Post by Bob » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 9:08 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 08 Aug, 2017 9:49 pm
Why are they living in one of the most expensive cities in the world, there are plenty of country towns with empty houses, and with the Centrelink payments they are entitled to could live quite comfortably.
They are the ones that choose to live in Sydney, if they were moved to some of these country town it would be a win win situation helping them plus some of these town that have dwindling populations.
The same goes for when the Government want to resettle these Syrian refugees spread them through out the country instead of creating enclaves in Sydney.
Offer a train ticket and an extra $15000 paid over 12 months as long as they check in with Centrelink every 2 weeks in a regional town.

It’s amazing what people will do with a leg up and a chance. People will learn that there are more opportunities in regional areas as the competition for jobs is less fierce. These towns do have all the services of the city and are great fun as well.

It’s enough money to set you and your family up and keep you going until you find a job.keep the payments as a gift on top when you get a job. The extra 15k is nothing if it gets them off welfare. One time deal for each person stops them from returning to the city to move back out.

The more people you push out to regional areas the more the government saves on infrastructure. The more people move to regional areas the more services they attract and the appeal of the town increases.

It really should be one major incentive of the government to entice people out of the city, it would help in a range problems.

I would also offer tax incentives for corporations to move there head offices out of the cities. I’d move more of the government services to Canberra too. Anything to stop the deficit we have of infrastructure in our capital cities...

Sorry rant over, I’m from Bx originally too!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 9:11 pm

Bob wrote:
Fri 24 Aug, 2018 9:08 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Why are they living in one of the most expensive cities in the world, there are plenty of country towns with empty houses, and with the Centrelink payments they are entitled to could live quite comfortably.
They are the ones that choose to live in Sydney, if they were moved to some of these country town it would be a win win situation helping them plus some of these town that have dwindling populations.
The same goes for when the Government want to resettle these Syrian refugees spread them through out the country instead of creating enclaves in Sydney.
Offer a train ticket and an extra $15000 paid over 12 months as long as they check in with Centrelink every 2 weeks in a regional town.

It’s amazing what people will do with a leg up and a chance. People will learn that there are more opportunities in regional areas as the competition for jobs is less fierce. These towns do have all the services of the city and are great fun as well.

It’s enough money to set you and your family up and keep you going until you find a job.keep the payments as a gift on top when you get a job. The extra 15k is nothing if it gets them off welfare. One time deal for each person stops them from returning to the city to move back out.

The more people you push out to regional areas the more the government saves on infrastructure. The more people move to regional areas the more services they attract and the appeal of the town increases.

It really should be one major incentive of the government to entice people out of the city, it would help in a range problems.

I would also offer tax incentives for corporations to move there head offices out of the cities. I’d move more of the government services to Canberra too. Anything to stop the deficit we have of infrastructure in our capital cities...

They've done it in Gladstone Bob

Heaps of accommodation up here and offered 9 k to move

No jobs up here at the moment though :deadhorse:

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 8:52 am

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 24 Aug, 2018 9:11 pm
Bob wrote:
Fri 24 Aug, 2018 9:08 pm
bathursttiger wrote:

They've done it in Gladstone Bob

Heaps of accommodation up here and offered 9 k to move

No jobs up here at the moment though :deadhorse:
Bathurst has an unemployment rate of 3.4% which is way below the State/Country average.
Rents and housing affordability that allow ordinary workers a chance to have their own house.
A new Hospital, 6 High schools 10 Primary schools University, sporting facilities that are the envy of most other cities.
A pretty good scenic drive around the Mount, soon to have a second track, Go-Kart track.
Has all the amenities that you could ask for, everything you could ask for except cold weather in winter

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 11:04 am

Might swing past and chuck BBF a few bucks and a subway foot long.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Reihna

Post by Reihna » Thu 13 Sep, 2018 1:18 am

Really feel sorry for those who can't afford even basic necessities of life. I think every common people have to know that how the bitterness in this world. We are spending good life not only good if i am feeling its luxurious as we all have top class cell phone, outfits, many accessories that we carry in daily routine. If we reduce our fashion guys and spend for whom poor people surely we can overcome these circumstances.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Thu 13 Sep, 2018 2:40 am

Many homeless people suffer mental illness which affects their reasoning ability....what seems “logical” to a non homeless person is viewed very differently by Many homeless people....we should not judge them harshly....they need mental helpl more so than (plus) housing assistance

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Thu 13 Sep, 2018 8:15 am

I have been doing work as a volunteer for the past four years with the homeless and you learn very quickly never to judge them and it is a very fine line between living a normal life and being on the streets and you don’t need to much to go wrong to be pushed over the line.

Street people come from all walks of life and end up there for a million different reasons. The biggest problem we face outside lack of public housing, is a mental health system that is so under resourced.

Anyway there a lots of really good organisations out there at the coal face doing lots of good work picking up some of the shortfalls that governments are not supplying or can’t supply

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 13 Sep, 2018 9:11 am

Are there tents still in Martin Pl?

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Thu 13 Sep, 2018 9:15 am

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 9:11 am
Are there tents still in Martin Pl?
No they moved them on

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 13 Sep, 2018 3:52 pm

Oh no, where will Byron live now?
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 13 Sep, 2018 10:59 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 13 Sep, 2018 3:52 pm
Oh no, where will Byron live now?
Robbie's.
Surely after years of pushing Farah's barrow Rob can return the favour and put old mate up in his shed for a stint?

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 13 Sep, 2018 11:08 pm

Demps wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 11:04 am
Might swing past and chuck BBF a few bucks and a subway foot long.
Love how you will never get over me spiking my Lebo cousins and you denying it. Martin Place is not too far from Abduls on corner Elisabeth and Cleveland Street - I want a Mixed Plate including their potato uros potato kibee with sultanas and pine nuts.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)