FAST FOOD

General Social Discussion
Cultured Bogan

Re: FAST FOOD

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:21 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:06 pm
Is that cause the skyline wont make it past the Great Dividing Range..

Went up there on Thursday for a mini break..Station Bar Pizza was pretty good...had a Falcon Bridge and a Hartley..
Drop into the Japanese Spa at Bowenfels. Greatest three hours you'll ever have, and the tea is fantastic.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:28 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:20 pm
hobbo wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:52 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:46 pm
hobbo wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:40 pm

You are correct ...
Wish I was more disciplined when it comes to healthy eating !
Not arguing at all ........

Just saying when you've been sitting in a car for 5 hours and you just want to get to Point B when you've been stuck in school holidays traffic as well as over an hour of stops for road works doing 80 km/h in formerly 100km /h zones , and the kids are whinging because the internet is cutting in and out that stopping at KFC at the moment and grabbing 4 large chips for $8 is a real easy cheap option , not the best I 100% totally agree
We are all guilty of being lazy .
We’re lucky being in the Blue Mountains as there is no major fast food retailers!
The greenies and local council won’t allow them !
That is probably where my attitude comes from hobbo. Living in remote NT, I didn't have any of these options available to me. It was a 300km drive to the nearest Maccas, KFC or the like. It wasn't going to happen and I just had to learn to cook. When I did get into Darwin, the good food choices were too good to miss; Malaysian, Indonesian, Indian, Greek, who wants to eat Maccas when good food is available?
100%

Also It’s not cheap cooking at home , By the time you buy all the ingredients it’s costs a bomb !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:32 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:28 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
hobbo wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:46 pm

Not arguing at all ........

Just saying when you've been sitting in a car for 5 hours and you just want to get to Point B when you've been stuck in school holidays traffic as well as over an hour of stops for road works doing 80 km/h in formerly 100km /h zones , and the kids are whinging because the internet is cutting in and out that stopping at KFC at the moment and grabbing 4 large chips for $8 is a real easy cheap option , not the best I 100% totally agree
We’re lucky being in the Blue Mountains as there is no major fast food retailers!
That is probably where my attitude comes from hobbo. Living in remote NT, I didn't have any of these options available to me. It was a 300km drive to the nearest Maccas, KFC or the like. It wasn't going to happen and I just had to learn to cook. When I did get into Darwin, the good food choices were too good to miss; Malaysian, Indonesian, Indian, Greek, who wants to eat Maccas when good food is available?
100%

Also It’s not cheap cooking at home , By the time you buy all the ingredients it’s costs a bomb !
Disagree. I can shop for less than $100 a week for the three of us and make all meals for the week.

Secret is to not to use meat in every meal.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:36 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:32 pm
hobbo wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
hobbo wrote:

100%

Disagree. I can shop for less than $100 a week for the three of us and make all meals for the week.

I’m lazy !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:39 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:32 pm
hobbo wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
hobbo wrote:

100%

Yes , once you have all the external ingredients I agree

You'd hit $30 just buying some say 4 of the basic condiments

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:47 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:17 pm
Geo. wrote:

Went up there on Thursday for a mini break..Station Bar Pizza was pretty good...had a Falcon Bridge and a Hartley..
It’s Faulconbridge !

Yeah station bar is pretty good !

You should’ve stopped in at Mountain High Pies at Wentworth Falls on your way home !

No way will I leave the Japanese Princess parked up in the Riff :lol:
I'm confused mate :?

Do you own a Geisha or a Skyline :roll

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:51 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:47 pm
hobbo wrote:
Geo. wrote:

It’s Faulconbridge !

You should’ve stopped in at Mountain High Pies at Wentworth Falls on your way home !

:roll:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:59 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:51 pm
happy tiger wrote:
hobbo wrote:
Geo. wrote:

It’s Faulconbridge !

Yeah stupid joke , lot cheaper to fill up the Skyline than the G.........never mind :D

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 10:14 pm

hobbo wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
hobbo wrote:
Geo. wrote:

It’s Faulconbridge !

don't encourage him
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 10:20 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 10:14 pm
hobbo wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
hobbo wrote:

It’s Faulconbridge !

don't encourage him
The poor pookums , past your bedtime

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 6:31 am

😂

Home cooked meal > take away
Every time....

But fast food serves its place,
Moderation. Everyone.
Don't eat maccas every meal every day.

But fast food appreciation ♥
Find myself craving KFC at least once a month.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 16 Jul, 2018 7:32 am

sheer64 wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:53 pm
This is when you know you are in trouble. eagles-deli-challenge-burger.jpg
Ah the heart attack special.If you dont keel over and die as soon as you eat it your digestion system goes into overload for 2 days

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 3:58 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:19 pm
hobbo wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:00 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:55 pm
hobbo wrote:

Apart from Macca's at Blaxland the worst fast food you can get is Subway.
Yeah I’m glad there’s none up here or I’d be rooted :lol:

Only go into Penrith once a month ( if that ) that’s when I give into Hungry Jacks !
Still love me a kebab. Lawson does pretty good ones.
Kebabs taste nice but must be absolutely chockas with bacteria I'm guessing. How many days would that meat sit on the rotisserie? Wonder if it is put in the fridge or anything overnight, always sceptical about buying them during summer when the weather is hot 24 hours of the day.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 4:12 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 21 Jul, 2018 3:58 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:19 pm
hobbo wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 9:00 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 15 Jul, 2018 8:55 pm

Apart from Macca's at Blaxland the worst fast food you can get is Subway.
Yeah I’m glad there’s none up here or I’d be rooted :lol:

Only go into Penrith once a month ( if that ) that’s when I give into Hungry Jacks !
Still love me a kebab. Lawson does pretty good ones.
Kebabs taste nice but must be absolutely chockas with bacteria I'm guessing. How many days would that meat sit on the rotisserie? Wonder if it is put in the fridge or anything overnight, always sceptical about buying them during summer when the weather is hot 24 hours of the day.
Take note of what is used to cut the meat from the rotisserie.
There has been news reports about this in the past.

The meat is frozen and thaws on the rostisserie. Meat is cut as it is cooked and stored in what you think would be a sanitary storage section.

The best utensil is the electric cutters not regular knives for hygiene reasons.

Place to place is different but for the most part it's safe... Or at least no worse than subway
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

hugh1954

Post by hugh1954 » Sat 21 Jul, 2018 4:45 pm

Subway seafood foot long, cheap and fills me up

Reihna

Post by Reihna » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 3:39 am

Really bad habit but we are eating daily at least one time a day. Fast food are yummy but highly effected our health and create many stomach problems that are not major in start but after that when we are habitual of such kind of fast food or junk food it highly damage our health. So best option is taking salads or fresh fruit and vegetable in your life, you can get energy with good health.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 6:21 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 6:36 pm
Mad Mex nachos carne asada before they went to shredded meat was the tits, but they're garbage now.

Still can't beat KFC. Only eat it once every three months but it tastes great.

Overall best food though if you can be bothered waiting for it is Lebanese. My aunty married a Lebanese bloke and got me hooked on it at a young age. Laham Mishwee with Coriander Potatoes and Sambousek for days Demps...
Do you know the history of laham mishwee? It could be that when the Ottomans occupied Lebanon for hundreds of year they were brutal against the Christians, considering them traitors. In First World War for sure when they carried out a genocide of them, called the Assyrian Genocide. Lebanon or Christian Lebanese lost about a third of their population in a few months. So the Christians hid in caves but if they cooked and smoke was seen coming out of the cave the Turks would notice and kill them. So they developed raw dishes. I am guessing that could be why they put raw dough (with meatball inside) in their yoghurt. It could also be why their Lebo bread is so thin (newspaper bread it is called) so would take a lot less cooking time - only guessing here though.

In WW1 the Muslim Lebanese Leadership made international pleas to to save the Christians, with the Lebos hawkers having a good reputation amongst Catholics here the Oz government broke the White Australia policy to let them in. My people were coming here before Australia was a nation - then they were stopped during the White Oz policy and then allowed in again because of the genocide. It is all on the internet showing original docs. as well as first hand accounts from my village there.

It is Lebo custom that the bride must have about a year of cooking lessons before marrying. No tin-opener- brides amongst my mob.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:58 am

Kibbeh is good grub Byron.
#penaltyTigers