Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

General Social Discussion
happy tiger

Re: Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Post by happy tiger » Mon 17 Dec, 2018 11:27 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sat 15 Dec, 2018 1:07 pm
Hey Col how's that link going to show that the wall is being built?
I know a good fencer , cheap rates .....maybe he should do a quote ;)

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Tue 18 Dec, 2018 5:20 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 17 Dec, 2018 9:01 pm
Haha I read about that earlier today. What a chump...
007 aka randy andy attempted to turn the AFP against Sugar Baby.

Imagine HMAS Slomo been taken down by New Idea!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 18 Dec, 2018 6:09 am

magpiecol wrote:
Mon 17 Dec, 2018 9:11 am
Fifty years ago, my wife was out protesting about global freezing. Guess what?

Here's a fact. Al Gore's home uses more energy in twelve months than mine does in twenty years . I guess he's not so much worried about global warming than flying around the world in private jets making money.

Hypocrite? You bet.

What is that old saying? Something about one being born every minute?

One of the best con jobs ever.
Kind of like those who argue black and blue that the wall is being built, come to find out it isn’t.

Abraham

Post by Abraham » Tue 18 Dec, 2018 8:51 am

magpiecol wrote:
To everyone piling in on Col with the snarky comments, his global freezing comment is actually true.

Between the 1950's and 1970's scientists were warning that global cooling was going to herald a new ice age and kill us all.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Tue 18 Dec, 2018 10:12 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 18 Dec, 2018 6:09 am
magpiecol wrote:

Here's a fact. Al Gore's home uses more energy in twelve months than mine does in twenty years . I guess he's not so much worried about global warming than flying around the world in private jets making money.

Hypocrite? You bet.

Kind of like those who argue black and blue that the wall is being built, come to find out it isn’t.
Read what I stated earlier about the wall.

And fyi it will be built, as it should.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Tue 18 Dec, 2018 10:16 am

Abraham wrote:
Tue 18 Dec, 2018 8:51 am
magpiecol wrote:
To everyone piling in on Col with the snarky comments, his global freezing comment is actually true.

Between the 1950's and 1970's scientists were warning that global cooling was going to herald a new ice age and kill us all.
I don't think a lot of these climate warriors are interested in history.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Tue 18 Dec, 2018 10:33 am

Abraham wrote:
magpiecol wrote:

Oh, was it Scientists or the Media who was talking about Global Freezing?
https://skepticalscience.com/ice-age-pr ... ediate.htm

Yep, media reads a few articles in a science journal and hamms it up.

Unlike Economists (particularly Milton "I make stuff up" Friedman) Climate Scientists realised that they have a very complex system on their hands. The whole "chaos Theorim" was created to deal with Climate, as no straight X vs Y relationship graphs could be plotted. Put simply it's complex. Jet planes fly, yet the workings of a Jet engine are incredibly difficult to understand. Likewise Climate science, We are seeing a massive warning, the science has predicted this and we seeing it happen now.

Last date of any cooling was 2010 and I can buy Mango trees in Campbelltown in May because of....Global Warming.

What people don't get, is the Skeptics don't doubt Global Warming is happening. Lord Monkton and co freely admit it. What they doubt is that Human beings are the cause of it in the last 50 years. That this warming does not correlate with Industrialization and it's some bizarre unrelated environmental phenomenon.

So pile back on MagpieCol. He is just bringing up an unrelated issue from the 1970's that is not related to anything being talked about now.

Abraham

Post by Abraham » Tue 18 Dec, 2018 11:26 am

colmcd wrote:
Tue 18 Dec, 2018 10:33 am
Abraham wrote:
magpiecol wrote:

Unlike Economists (particularly Milton "I make stuff up" Friedman) Climate Scientists realised that they have a very complex system on their hands. The whole "chaos Theorim" was created to deal with Climate, as no straight X vs Y relationship graphs could be plotted. Put simply it's complex. Jet planes fly, yet the workings of a Jet engine are incredibly difficult to understand. Likewise Climate science, We are seeing a massive warning, the science has predicted this and we seeing it happen now.

Last date of any cooling was 2010 and I can buy Mango trees in Campbelltown in May because of....Global Warming.

What people don't get, is the Skeptics don't doubt Global Warming is happening. Lord Monkton and co freely admit it. What they doubt is that Human beings are the cause of it in the last 50 years. That this warming does not correlate with Industrialization and it's some bizarre unrelated environmental phenomenon.

So pile back on MagpieCol. He is just bringing up an unrelated issue from the 1970's that is not related to anything being talked about now.
It was Scientists.

Thanks for cut and pasting the first article that appeared in your google search.

You're so knowledgeable.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 18 Dec, 2018 12:18 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Tue 18 Dec, 2018 10:12 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
magpiecol wrote:

Hypocrite? You bet.

Whose funding it?

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Fri 21 Dec, 2018 1:31 pm

Abraham wrote:
Tue 18 Dec, 2018 11:26 am
colmcd wrote:
Abraham wrote:
magpiecol wrote:

It was Scientists.

Thanks for cut and pasting the first article that appeared in your google search.

You're so knowledgeable.
Thank you ;)

*hey if your not going too interpret irony in my statements. I won't in yours.*

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Fri 21 Dec, 2018 1:37 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 18 Dec, 2018 12:18 pm
magpiecol wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
magpiecol wrote:

Hypocrite? You bet.

Whose funding it?
ROFL. Yep he has gone cap in hand to the American gov asking them to pay for it.

I wonder if Cohen, Manafort and his team will be building the wall in a chaingang?
Honestly if it's a trump in orange pouring the concrete I would support the wall! *

*we have no real idea in Australia about the American immigration problems. I only say Children must be handled with respect and dignity.

Snake

Post by Snake » Fri 21 Dec, 2018 1:57 pm

I had a laugh when the planet cooling was raised the point most climate alarmist do not understand there actually is nothing wrong with the planet heating we all will survive but if the planet cools we all perish .

Abraham

Post by Abraham » Fri 21 Dec, 2018 2:28 pm

colmcd wrote:
Fri 21 Dec, 2018 1:31 pm
Abraham wrote:
colmcd wrote:
Abraham wrote:

It was Scientists.

You're so knowledgeable.
Thank you ;)

Quoting a propaganda site like skeptical science isn't irony, its comedy.

And because you were sucked in by the website, you then went on to double down on their false claims.

Slow clap for you.

Abraham

Post by Abraham » Fri 21 Dec, 2018 2:30 pm

Snake wrote:
Fri 21 Dec, 2018 1:57 pm
I had a laugh when the planet cooling was raised the point most climate alarmist do not understand there actually is nothing wrong with the planet heating we all will survive but if the planet cools we all perish .
Ummm didn't you know that Sydney's dams are going to be bone dry by 2008 and will never be re-filled ... and the Polar Caps are going to melt away completely by 2013 ... and by the time we reach 2014 there is going to be regular devastating cyclones around Australia.

Brace yourself, its going to be real bad!

Hang on ....

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 21 Dec, 2018 3:30 pm

colmcd wrote:
Fri 21 Dec, 2018 1:37 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 18 Dec, 2018 12:18 pm
magpiecol wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Whose funding it?
ROFL. Yep he has gone cap in hand to the American gov asking them to pay for it.

I wonder if Cohen, Manafort and his team will be building the wall in a chaingang?
Honestly if it's a trump in orange pouring the concrete I would support the wall! *

*we have no real idea in Australia about the American immigration problems. I only say Children must be handled with respect and dignity.
What’s funnier, Trump supporters have now started a go fund me to build the wall. The same idiots who would Shout “MEXICO” when Invidvidual One would ask who is paying for it at his rallies. Comical.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Fri 21 Dec, 2018 4:22 pm

Abraham wrote:
Fri 21 Dec, 2018 2:28 pm
colmcd wrote:
Abraham wrote:
colmcd wrote:

It was Scientists.

You're so knowledgeable.
Thank you ;)

And because you were sucked in by the website, you then went on to double down on their false claims.

Slow clap for you.
Skeptical science is fine, their quotes are accurate.

What gets me is that ostridges/denialists like yourself have jacked up Sydneys power prices.

As we see:
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... -and-solar

"in South Australia can expect the biggest price falls – down $120 a year on average by 2021 – followed by south-east Queensland ($76), Tasmania ($39), New South Wales ($27) and Victoria ($25).

But prices will soar 9.3% in Western Australia, or $156 a year, with rises also expected in the Australian Capital Territory, up $87, and the Northern Territory, up $47."

So a smart battery and solar system in South Australia produces the biggest power bill reduction in Australia.
Remember Abbott, campaigning about power rises, and prices going straight up while he was in government.

Are you OK with poor Western Sydney families paying for your Coal company subsidies and climate denial? Had Australia had an ETS and clear direction our power bills would have been going down. Good thing Labor in SA took some leadership.
I guess Clive Palmer needs more stakes to feed himself. Poor Coal welfare I mean subsidy queen.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Fri 21 Dec, 2018 4:42 pm

colmcd wrote:
Fri 21 Dec, 2018 4:22 pm
Abraham wrote:
Fri 21 Dec, 2018 2:28 pm
colmcd wrote:
Abraham wrote:

It was Scientists.

You're so knowledgeable.
Thank you ;)

Slow clap for you.
Skeptical science is fine, their quotes are accurate.

What gets me is that ostridges/denialists like yourself have jacked up Sydneys power prices.

As we see:
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... -and-solar

"in South Australia can expect the biggest price falls – down $120 a year on average by 2021 – followed by south-east Queensland ($76), Tasmania ($39), New South Wales ($27) and Victoria ($25).

But prices will soar 9.3% in Western Australia, or $156 a year, with rises also expected in the Australian Capital Territory, up $87, and the Northern Territory, up $47."

So a smart battery and solar system in South Australia produces the biggest power bill reduction in Australia.
Remember Abbott, campaigning about power rises, and prices going straight up while he was in government.

Are you OK with poor Western Sydney families paying for your Coal company subsidies and climate denial? Had Australia had an ETS and clear direction our power bills would have been going down. Good thing Labor in SA took some leadership.
I guess Clive Palmer needs more stakes to feed himself. Poor Coal welfare I mean subsidy queen.
How many blackouts and price rises did SA endure before this massive cut?

Can you produce details of what each state was paying 10 years ago, whether they were self sufficient in terms of generating and where their power was coming from?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 23 Dec, 2018 7:06 am

Another Government shutdown in the US, the 3rd this year. No wall for Donnie.

If he couldn’t get the funding for 2 years with a Republican House and Senate, fat chance he’ll get it in the next 2 years with a Democratic House.

Maybe he can ask Mexico again :roll