Interesting scenario?

ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast:
Chunky love machine

Interesting scenario?

Post by Chunky love machine » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 10:37 pm

If a player is put on report, the opposing team gets to take one of the opponents substitutions? If a player comes from the field, then two interchanges are passed from the opponent to the other team. In this scenario we win both the Dragons and Bunnies games maybe tonight as well? I'm sick of watching our teams players being hit with illegal cheap shots and not getting anything but a token penalty. The refs are too piss weak to take charge nowadays, so let the video ref decide and really hurt the other team. The standard of refereeing this year is abysmall. Robbie summed it up perfectly when he said "he's just trying to get his head on tv" to the touchy who came in on the Blair hit.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 10:40 pm

Chunky that hit from Blair was really late I reckon he might get a week actually

I don't mind people doing that but do it in the first five minutes so the halfback is thinking about it all night

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 10:43 pm

So far this year we have had
Benji - twice
Beau,
Robbie - twice,
Moltzen - twice,
and Groat knocked out with either stiff arms or attacks to the mellon.

What the bloody hell is going on?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 10:44 pm

You already get a free interchange if a player is on report for foul play...so really thats two, plus one less to the other team, but gain as I pointed out in the pother thread, if he's found to have nothing to answer by the match review committee, or is charged but found not guilty ......then a team is penalised twice for what is only penalty worthy

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 10:46 pm

We could take two off and change the ball if you like .
Teos hit was blatant, they have all the technology at hand ,have the balls to use it .

Chunky love machine

Post by Chunky love machine » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 10:48 pm

happy tiger wrote:Chunky that hit from Blair was really late I reckon he might get a week actually

I don't mind people doing that but do it in the first five minutes so the halfback is thinking about it all night
Agreed, however the part that ticks me off is Groat was taken out of the game, whilst their halfback got straight back up, but I bet Te'o and Blair get the same penalty though.

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 10:55 pm

The Doggies deserve the whinge this week after Reynolds ( souths half) took the just about the worst dive i have ever seen in 1st grade Rugby League. Our whinges have been justified in past weks

izotope

Post by izotope » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 10:56 pm

Blair wasn't put on report? It was a "report from the sideline official"

Match review could but it was less then a second in it and only bumped him with his hips

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
tigers!

Chunky love machine

Post by Chunky love machine » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 10:57 pm

innsaneink wrote:You already get a free interchange if a player is on report for foul play...so really thats two, plus one less to the other team, but gain as I pointed out in the pother thread, if he's found to have nothing to answer by the match review committee, or is charged but found not guilty ......then a team is penalised twice for what is only penalty worthy
Yea but thats why I think they should use the video ref, just to get a base line on the hit. If he is cleared later in the week it gets put down to referee error. How many games has referee error cost us lately?????? Farragut doesn't break a nose in a legal tackle, Benji and Moltzen don't walk around like brain dead zombies from being tackled around the legs. It works both ways, if there is something that is borderline illegal, then it's not in the spirit of the game. Pay the price for being careless.

tigermaniac

Post by tigermaniac » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 10:58 pm

On the way home tonight from the game, listening to 2gb. Blocker made comment on a email Andrew Moore read. To cut it short, someone suggested, for example, the Ben Teo high shot on Groat. It's alright placing him on report, but Teo should remain off the field until Groat comes back on. Groat never made it back but Teo stays on. Win or loss his charge, Brisbane will field 17 next week.

Chunky love machine

Post by Chunky love machine » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 11:23 pm

tigermaniac wrote:On the way home tonight from the game, listening to 2gb. Blocker made comment on a email Andrew Moore read. To cut it short, someone suggested, for example, the Ben Teo high shot on Groat. It's alright placing him on report, but Teo should remain off the field until Groat comes back on. Groat never made it back but Teo stays on. Win or loss his charge, Brisbane will field 17 next week.

The only problem I can see with that is like the current "bounty" program in the NFL and New Orleans Saints. Players were paid roster bonuses for injuring players. Here's a link To an insight of the issue http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Orle ... ty_scandal
Issues may arise hypothetically if say we used our reserve back ?"Reddy" to take out say billy Slater. We lose an expendable player but they lose a game changer?

saundo1982

Post by saundo1982 » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 9:33 am

What I think needs to happen, especially with the new concussion rule introduced is, each team names their 17 players plus an 18th man substitute player. This player sits with the bench and upon a tackle that leaves a player dazed/ concussed AND IS deemed to be foul play by being placed on report the 18th man is then allowed to become a playing member of the team with the concussed/dazed player taking no further part in the game.
You need to have the defender placed on report for high contact to stop teams trying to utilize the 18th man for normal injuries.

I think sheens Was talking about this post match??

Andyvee

Post by Andyvee » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 9:39 am

saundo1982 wrote:What I think needs to happen, especially with the new concussion rule introduced is, each team names their 17 players plus an 18th man substitute player. This player sits with the bench and upon a tackle that leaves a player dazed/ concussed AND IS deemed to be foul play by being placed on report the 18th man is then allowed to become a playing member of the team with the concussed/dazed player taking no further part in the game.
You need to have the defender placed on report for high contact to stop teams trying to utilize the 18th man for normal injuries.

The above would be a great start. Would have been handy having a fresh player added to the interchange as a substitute. I also wouldn't mind the team at fault to be penalised an interchange as well.

saundo1982

Post by saundo1982 » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 10:56 am

Andyvee wrote:
saundo1982 wrote:What I think needs to happen, especially with the new concussion rule introduced is, each team names their 17 players plus an 18th man substitute player. This player sits with the bench and upon a tackle that leaves a player dazed/ concussed AND IS deemed to be foul play by being placed on report the 18th man is then allowed to become a playing member of the team with the concussed/dazed player taking no further part in the game.

The above would be a great start. Would have been handy having a fresh player added to the interchange as a substitute. I also wouldn't mind the team at fault to be penalised an interchange as well.
Yeah mightn't be a bad one as well , there needs to be a little more advantage to the team who has been fouled, a penalty doesn't really cut it when a player is taken out of the game ( intentionally or not) and the offending player remains in the field to potentially miss other rounds once reviewed. Perhaps if the substitute is bout into play due to the infringement occurring the player responsible is sin-binned for 5-10 minutes. Once again the rules need to be black n white no grey areas as teams would try to exploit it. Pretty much has to be hit high, placed on report with the concussed player not to return to playing field for the remainder of the game before such actions are taken

saundo55

Post by saundo55 » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 2:02 pm

These sort of rules sound really good but are always open to abuse from coaches with far less integrity and sportsmanship than Mr Sheens

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 3:48 pm

Last night it was Groat,next week it could be Ryan .
How many players should we sit on the bench just in case a shoulder charge goes wrong ?
There is no place in the game for shoulder charges that go wrong , so make it easy ,ban them and we have no problem to deal with .