Brisbanes First Try

ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast:
diedpretty

Brisbanes First Try

Post by diedpretty » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 11:05 pm

After watching numerous replays in slo mo i now know why Benji was blowing up at Lyons after Brisbanes first try - the pass from Marshall hit Tuqiri and then Hodges? and went forward off him - the fullback picks it up 2 mtrs offside and heads off downfield - Marshall stopped and looked at the ref then puts his hands out as if to say what the *Y*(*&H. Unbelievable blunder - why bother having video refs.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 11:09 pm

If you want to go a little further back in the play , a broncos defender impeded a wests player who was in support.
Very poor decision no to at least look at it.

tiger-stripes

Post by tiger-stripes » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 11:11 pm

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:If you want to go a little further back in the play , a broncos defender impeded a wests player who was in support.
Thought the same re the support player but in second look he may have tripped on the defenders heels.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Hit or Miss

Post by Hit or Miss » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 11:14 pm

tiger-stripes wrote:
1/4 chicken,chips wrote:If you want to go a little further back in the play , a broncos defender impeded a wests player who was in support.
Thought the same re the support player but in second look he may have tripped on the defenders heels.

With you both. Humble goes over and that's what thought Benji was angry at.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 11:16 pm

I thought Hannant shouldered the support player and that's why he falls over... That was the issue.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 11:31 pm

Yossarian wrote:I thought Hannant shouldered the support player and that's why he falls over... That was the issue.

Well thats 2 issues in the lead up - however i believe Benji is blowing up at the fact the FB is offside - he stops as if waiting for the whistle, then looks at Tedro Lyons with his hands out as if to say " whats going on ". Lyons just brushes past him and heads downfield.
The try was a massive turning point - the Tigers looked the better team and should have score then and when Ayshford dropped the ball - after that try Brsisbanes confidence grew and compounde bythe inept performance for the 2nd try the games was as good as over.
That 10 minute period was the game - our confidence was shot - Heighno had gone off.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 11:42 pm

Could be right mate. If Lote didn't drop the damn thing or Benji hit the inside runner (Lawrence?) there would be no problem though...

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Fri 06 Apr, 2012 11:44 pm

Yossarian wrote:Could be right mate. If Lote didn't drop the damn thing or Benji hit the inside runner (Lawrence?) there would be no problem though...
I agree - the pass should have gone to Lawrence - but that doesn't excuse piss poor refereeing!

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 12:05 am

diedpretty wrote:
Yossarian wrote:Could be right mate. If Lote didn't drop the damn thing or Benji hit the inside runner (Lawrence?) there would be no problem though...
I agree - the pass should have gone to Lawrence - but that doesn't excuse piss poor refereeing!
I'd have thought you'd be use to it by now!

twenty20

Post by twenty20 » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 12:17 am

I was screaming at the TV, let them score. let them score - because had they have scored the Video ref would have disallowed (at least he would have if the vid ref on the night knew the rules), and the tigers would have got a penalty, or at the very worst a scrum feed. I know the players instinct is to follow the play and make the tackle, but once the ref allows play to go on - your never getting a review.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 7:33 am

I thought there was some offside issue, well, just add that to the list then.

Injuries and poor refereeing decisions...........did we travel back in time to 2006?

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 7:57 am

I agree with both, but the offside happened right in front of me & everyone was blowing up, another bad decision from the refs.

Bombs Away

Post by Bombs Away » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 8:06 am

All the Refs,,,are just HAPPY CLAPPERS!!!

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 8:14 am

Even if the Video Ref was called on before ruling the Try to Brisbane, he can only go back to the last play.

If the ball hits the inside runner (Lawrence) 4 points to the Tigers...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 07 Apr, 2012 8:20 am

I was lsitening to the refs with sportsears and they didn't have a clue what Benji was going on about, when they watch the replay they may be a bit clearer but a bit late now.

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Mon 09 Apr, 2012 8:30 am

After watching the replays I think Benji is right. The Ball hits Lote and then hits Hodges and is picked up by a Bronco player in an offside position.

It was not mentioned in any of reviews of the game, seems it was missed by all.

tominator

Post by tominator » Mon 09 Apr, 2012 11:42 am

I think the pass was intended for Lawerence, when watching the replay I looked closely at the pass and it appears to deflect of Lawerence before Tuqiri drops it. Lawerence has been pulling away and getting hit with the ball from many of the passes from Benji.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Mon 09 Apr, 2012 11:57 am

tominator wrote:
I think the pass was intended for Lawerence, when watching the replay I looked closely at the pass and it appears to deflect of Lawerence before Tuqiri drops it. Lawerence has been pulling away and getting hit with the ball from many of the passes from Benji.
I agree, I think that Lowrence overun the ball (A Johns also commented on this), and a Broncos player was in offside position.