Flu through camp

•  Recent Topics
ImageImageImage
The Tooth

Flu through camp

Post by The Tooth » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 1:11 pm

I read on Sunday morning that the Flu had swept through the Tigers camp. I was very worried about the game after reading that.
Just wondering if this contributed to Para's comeback. The head knocks to Farah and Benji wouldn't have helped either.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 1:15 pm

Heard the same thing & thought we could of had a few players pull out.

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 1:38 pm

The Tooth wrote: The head knocks to Farah and Benji wouldn't have helped either.
Were either of them that bad? I was at the ground and the majority concensus was that they were most likely milking penalties.
They have both been hit a lot harder this year.

The Tooth

Post by The Tooth » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 1:59 pm

They didn't look much, but I think both players were genuinely rocked by the shocks. Farah's was right on the point of the chin and I don't think he would milk it that much (he was down for a while). He coped another on top of the head only minutes after coming back on.

Not sure if benji's was an eye poke, but he did have a bit of a lump under the eye that I hadn't noticed earlier (dont think it was from his shiner a couple of weeks back). In any case an eye poke can be very painful.

I dont think the Parra players have much to answer for in these cases but it would have affected Benj and Rob.
McGuire on Moltzen had a bit more intent imo.

travis_bickle

Post by travis_bickle » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 2:14 pm

I think flu could have been a contributing factor.. I had the flu this week too, I watched the game on telly and with 15 minutes of the game left I switched off too!

As far as head shots go, there are only so many head knocks you can take before you turn into Danny Briggs. Our players have copped way too many head knocks this year (particularly Molzen, Benji and Robbie). Our big guys need to stand up for our smaller guys. If there are ANY head shots in the Titans game I hope that the likes of Blair and Galloway sort it out (because you know the refs won't do anything but put it on report.. maybe). We just need Tommy in the stands yelling out "Cattle Dog".

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 2:44 pm

Didn't seem to affect them when they put on 31 points...
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 3:02 pm

They were fine for the first 60 minutes. Parra's comeback was due to us switching off.

mtd

Post by mtd » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 3:06 pm

up 31-0, been sick, 10 minutes to go. switching off seems like the normal thing to do.
this somewhat improves my perspective of yesterdays near loss.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 3:07 pm

travis_bickle wrote:I think flu could have been a contributing factor.. I had the flu this week too, I watched the game on telly and with 15 minutes of the game left I switched off too!

As far as head shots go, there are only so many head knocks you can take before you turn into Danny Briggs. Our players have copped way too many head knocks this year (particularly Molzen, Benji and Robbie). Our big guys need to stand up for our smaller guys. If there are ANY head shots in the Titans game I hope that the likes of Blair and Galloway sort it out (because you know the refs won't do anything but put it on report.. maybe). We just need Tommy in the stands yelling out "Cattle Dog".
Lol .... I think you're right there mate !

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 3:16 pm

travis_bickle wrote: If there are ANY head shots in the Titans game I hope that the likes of Blair and Galloway sort it out (because you know the refs won't do anything but put it on report.. maybe).
You're right. We are taking them every week, we need to start fighting back.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 3:58 pm

Yes sick & tired of the Tigers getting hit with high shots, bad or not the refs have to do something about them. Would love to see the big blokes dish a bit out but then again our players would be suspended.

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 4:04 pm

tigerbenji wrote:Yes sick & tired of the Tigers getting hit with high shots, bad or not the refs have to do something about them. Would love to see the big blokes dish a bit out but then again our players would be suspended.
We don't have to hit back with high shots of our own, just need to get in their face when it does happen and put some big hits on to let them know we wont back down.

Golden

Post by Golden » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 4:09 pm

Cool so now I know if I have the flu i will be perfect for 66 mins and the next 14 I will feel terrible

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 4:31 pm

I thought about buying 100 tissue boxes with PLAY FOR 80 printed on each sheet!

Bombs Away

Post by Bombs Away » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 4:45 pm

They must have the flu every week since 2005,,,Bye bye Timmy...Time for lawn bowls...How good was MATT RYAN for Parra another 22 year old Tim Sheens never spoke to when at the Tigers for 3 years!!!!

stryker

Post by stryker » Tue 01 May, 2012 12:08 am

RatedRKO wrote:
travis_bickle wrote: If there are ANY head shots in the Titans game I hope that the likes of Blair and Galloway sort it out (because you know the refs won't do anything but put it on report.. maybe).
You're right. We are taking them every week, we need to start fighting back.
Also agree...I said this after round 4 there has been another half a dozen since then. Time someone cops a smack in the mouth for it.