Can't believe it

ImageImageImage
GNR4LIFE

Re: Can't believe it

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 3:44 pm

Knuckles wrote:Haha ... You leave yourself a bit open !

Didn't the Broncos put 50+ on us before we came good ... How delusional would I have been then ... Bookies would have agreed having us 150/1
Alright answer one question for me if you can, and try not to deflect it. Name the last side that went on to win a premiership that conceded 30 points in 13 mins against a team running dead last who had only won 7 game in almost a season and a half and averaged only 12 points a game?

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 3:45 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Knuckles wrote:At any point in 05 did we concede 30 points in 13 mins? way to twist my words to suit your arguement
Yes.

Round 3 v Canterbury. We led 36 to not much and Canterbury scored quite a few tries in the last 10 minutes to get back to 36 all. Prince snapped a field goal in the final minute to stop match going to golden point.

The Tooth

Post by The Tooth » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 3:54 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
The Tooth wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Anyone who still thinks we can win the comp after yesterday is dead-set delusional. The truth hurts
If yesterday was about round 20, then I would tend to agree. Theres a long time between now and then.
That line seems to be contagious. 'its only round 3, its only round 4, its only round 5'. Well guess what? at what stage do you sit up and admit things are looking shakey?
Depending on where we sit on the table, but about round 25.
Tell me the last season things didn't look shakey at some stage:)
Wests Tigers!

Seriously mate, I'm with them until they look like they can't make the 8. At this stage they look like they have a heap of improvement in them and I think we will gradually build like previous seasons. I've seen too much footy to be declaring such things in round 8 after we've scored 61-30. I mean if not prior, hasn't the last 2 years taught you anything. I don't think we will ever be a Melbourne Storm, but i think if we win more than half and make the finals we can beat anybody on the day. Wests Tigers, gotta roll with the punches and keep getting back up.

The Tooth

Post by The Tooth » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 3:56 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Knuckles wrote:At any point in 05 did we concede 30 points in 13 mins? way to twist my words to suit your arguement
Yes.

Round 3 v Canterbury. We led 36 to not much and Canterbury scored quite a few tries in the last 10 minutes to get back to 36 all. Prince snapped a field goal in the final minute to stop match going to golden point.
BRAITH ANASTA :roll:

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 4:10 pm

Oh I don't know boys ... My memory's not that good .... I'm flat out remembering what happened two weeks ago !

I was at that Bulldogs match GB mentions Above ... I think that's pretty close to what happened yesterday.
Anyway, my glass is half full and hoping for it to be full to the bream on the first weekend in October.
Like Tooth says above, we've been following WT's and foundation clubs too long to expect the expected.
Expect the unexpected then it won't come as such a shock !!

Bombs Away

Post by Bombs Away » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 4:52 pm

Where is 1/4 Chicken and Chips and Bing Pringle??? I really miss there input!!! Saw Braith ANASTA playing the pinballs today at the milkbar!!! I tell ya what he can't play footy but gee wiz he can play a mean pinball!!! Another great signing Timmy!! MATT RYAN KILLED US YESTERDAY!!! GREAT WORK TIMMY!!!

tigertales

Post by tigertales » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 5:08 pm

Bombs Away wrote:Where is 1/4 Chicken and Chips and Bing Pringle??? I really miss there input!!! Saw Braith ANASTA playing the pinballs today at the milkbar!!! I tell ya what he can't play footy but gee wiz he can play a mean pinball!!! Another great signing Timmy!! MATT RYAN KILLED US YESTERDAY!!! GREAT WORK TIMMY!!!
Yea Bombs Away, you've mentioned it in 4 or 5 posts yea Matt Ryan killed us yesterday, so what?, he's 24 and can't get a first grade spot with the team running dead last, he had a point to prove against a Club that didnt want him and he has played one game compared to say Lawrence who is the same age and played over 100. Keep an eye on him champ, we didn't miss out on much.

(and if Bombs Away is Mrs Ryan (Matt Ryans Mum), which could be the only possible reason he/she is so upset about this I apoligise, no malice intended)

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 5:17 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Yes.

No.

We led 36-18...they scored three late tries

---------------------------------------------------------------

We barely, only just managed to defende 30 points for 12 mins againsts the team coming last...this is a
mental thing = SHEENS
Time to go

Bombs Away

Post by Bombs Away » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 5:23 pm

tigertales,,,Matt RYAN killed us 2 games in 1st Grade!!! Tiger Tales,,I gave my 3 Points to Matt RYAN,,2 Points to Adam BLAIR another BLINDER and 1 point to Tom HUMBLE,,,1/2 a point each for getting his right boot on his right foot and 1/2 a point for left boot...SCHOONER TIME!!!!

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 5:53 pm

Bombs Away wrote:tigertales,,,Matt RYAN killed us 2 games in 1st Grade!!! Tiger Tales,,I gave my 3 Points to Matt RYAN,,2 Points to Adam BLAIR another BLINDER and 1 point to Tom HUMBLE,,,1/2 a point each for getting his right boot on his right foot and 1/2 a point for left boot...SCHOONER TIME!!!!
Yeah sure Matt Ryan killed us - for 10 minutes of an 80 minute game :roll:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 5:59 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Yes.

No.

We led 36-18...they scored three late tries

---------------------------------------------------------------

We barely, only just managed to defende 30 points for 12 mins againsts the team coming last...this is a
mental thing = SHEENS
Time to go
The Brisbane game they were racking em up pretty quick in 2005 Don't know about 30 points in 14 minutes though

69tiger

Post by 69tiger » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 9:30 pm

take a couple of deep breaths everyone it's round 8 worry about it if we play game after game like that.what about our game against the warriors last year we were being flogged , the warriors capitulated, ( a game they never should of lost) but they still went on to compete in the grand final! We can still go ok , don't write us off yet, go the tigers !

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 10:50 pm

It is great that we have so many Storm and Broncos fans on this forum

:D

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 10:54 pm

69tiger wrote:take a couple of deep breaths everyone it's round 8 worry about it if we play game after game like that.what about our game against the warriors last year we were being flogged , the warriors capitulated, ( a game they never should of lost) but they still went on to compete in the grand final! We can still go ok , don't write us off yet, go the tigers !
Like i said earlier, at what point do we stop with the 'its only round 8' crap and realize there are big problems

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 11:22 pm

Knuckles wrote:Haha ... You leave yourself a bit open !

Didn't the Broncos put 50+ on us before we came good ... How delusional would I have been then ... Bookies would have agreed having us 150/1
I backed us at 80-1, i think we got to 120-1 (or there abouts)

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 11:35 pm

As for not winning the comp we are prob in a similar position now as we were in 2005 and the last 2 years, im not overly concerned as yet, i rather be where Melbourne are, of course and thought we would be, but I think a few on here are panicking more than necessary.
There has been some worrying moments over the last month, notably the last 5 versus souths and the last 15 on the weekend.
However were farly dominate for the Penrith game and the first 65 on the weekend, we were very good for 75 minutes of the souths game and were ok against Brisbane.

We are not going awesome, but we are going alot better than many on here are suggesting.

Some on here are ignoring the last 15 minutes, but a great deal more are ignoring the first 65 and the previous 80, and the good parts against brisbane and souths

I dont think we are too far way, i think the last 15 will refocus us this week and we'll trounce The titans and find ourselves in the 8 after the bye.

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 11:37 pm

Bombs Away wrote:tigertales,,,Matt RYAN killed us 2 games in 1st Grade!!! Tiger Tales,,I gave my 3 Points to Matt RYAN,,2 Points to Adam BLAIR another BLINDER and 1 point to Tom HUMBLE,,,1/2 a point each for getting his right boot on his right foot and 1/2 a point for left boot...SCHOONER TIME!!!!
Who the hell is matt Ryan?

oneeyedtiger

Post by oneeyedtiger » Mon 30 Apr, 2012 11:39 pm

That final 15 mins was embarrassing...so disappointed.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012