PLENTY OF CHARACTER SHOWN IN WIN OVER TITANS

ImageImageImage
willow

Post by willow » Mon 07 May, 2012 8:13 pm

By Wayne Cousins
7/05/2012 11:14:44 AM

Wests Tigers Head Coach Tim Sheens says the golden point win over the Gold Coast Titans showed there was plenty of character in the side.

Gold Coast started the game strongly on Saturday night to race to a 14-0
lead before a try before half-time by Wests Tigers Captain and hooker Robbie Farah steaded the ship for his side. Farah later kicked the winning field goal in extra time to get Wests Tigers home after the scores were locked at 14-all at full-time.

Sheens said it was a gutsy performance after some previous narrow losses at Skilled Park.

“We got lost a bit. They rattled us early with that early try and the enthusiasm they had. We played a lot of footy in the first half out of our own end,’’ Sheens said.

“The penalty county equalised a little towards the back of the half and when we did get a shot at them, Robbie scored a try. They came out and rattled us but we stuck together and hung in.

“We were anxious and that try (from Farah) settled us down. Benji kicked a great goal from the sideline. He kicked goals that kept us in the game.

“It was always going to be a tough game. You could smell it coming. We had a chance to go 14-all and I opted to keep the game going with 15 minutes to go and not take the two. I started to regret it but Robbie’s charge down..it’s just that 1 per cent play. It was a sign of a true champion.”

Sheens said the team was now in the same position as this time last season with four wins from nine rounds.

“I’m just pleased going into the bye (next weekend) we have had three wins. We have put a stake in the ground.’’ Sheens added.

“I know they haven’t been classic wins but tonight, those sort of wins are the best wins you can get.

“We had to chase a team down at their home and do it in the dying minutes and then have to go into extra time and to still do it showed there is plenty of character in the team.”

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Mon 07 May, 2012 8:16 pm

Yea, if the character was Bozo the clown. It was another ordinary performance from a side that is there only to make up the numbers at present.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 07 May, 2012 8:55 pm

Sugarcoating at its best here. Teams like the Storm and Broncos never put themselves in the position to have to show character against a team running second last