Smart Sheensy!

ImageImageImage
Knuckles
Member
Member
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 10:11 am

Re: Smart Sheensy!

Post by Knuckles » Sat 19 May, 2012 1:17 pm

If you are going to experiment with players in different positions, this is the time of the season to do it. How does anyone know if Lawry would or would not make a good five eighth. Who would have though Blake would have handled it. The only way to find out is to try new things. Sometimes they work sometimes they don't. Better to find out in May than in September.


User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29224
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 19 May, 2012 1:54 pm

tigerlogic wrote:
851 wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:Utai works because you can utilise him as a third prop.


Exactly,it wasn't smart coaching it was lucky,we won again inspite of the coach,Rowdy is not a 5/8th,we were lost in the first half,I wonder what super coach will do now,surely this is the end of Rowdy at 6.
It's smart, because if sheens never carried a winger on the bench (as most ppl on here criticise) when Lawrence couldn't play what would have happend? If junior moors or another prop (as many ppl here wish for) was on the bench and not Utai we lose lastnight, Utai was fantastic!
I'm sceptical re Lawrence at 6 too, but sheens knows the players strengths and potentials (and desires) better then any of us, so well done to the team and to sheensy, 4 on the trot, now let's put the cows away too


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Humble to half, Polotini to hooker, Marshall 5/8

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6344
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Sat 19 May, 2012 2:25 pm

innsaneink wrote:
tigerlogic wrote:
851 wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:Utai works because you can utilise him as a third prop.


Exactly,it wasn't smart coaching it was lucky,we won again inspite of the coach,Rowdy is not a 5/8th,we were lost in the first half,I wonder what super coach will do now,surely this is the end of Rowdy at 6.
It's smart, because if sheens never carried a winger on the bench (as most ppl on here criticise) when Lawrence couldn't play what would have happend? If junior moors or another prop (as many ppl here wish for) was on the bench and not Utai we lose lastnight, Utai was fantastic!
I'm sceptical re Lawrence at 6 too, but sheens knows the players strengths and potentials (and desires) better then any of us, so well done to the team and to sheensy, 4 on the trot, now let's put the cows away too


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Humble to half, Polotini to hooker, Marshall 5/8
Spot on Ink,hell Fulton can cover 6,and Ayshford played a bit of 6 in the 20's,but Benji should be our 6 every week,that is the bottom line,Humble,Moltzen,Miller,Chisolm,one of them should be put at 7 and left there,not change every other week.
Go hard or go home

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17917
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 19 May, 2012 2:35 pm

If Lawrence is fit, he'll be there next week.

Funnily enough, I reckon last night's game says more about McClennan than Sheens. Seemed to be happy to continue belting it up the middle despite them being fairly well contained and not spreading it wider and trying to turn our guys on the fringe around.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

tigerlogic
Member
Member
Posts: 958
Joined: Sun 26 Jun, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by tigerlogic » Sat 19 May, 2012 2:41 pm

851 wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
tigerlogic wrote:
851 wrote: It's smart, because if sheens never carried a winger on the bench (as most ppl on here criticise) when Lawrence couldn't play what would have happend? If junior moors or another prop (as many ppl here wish for) was on the bench and not Utai we lose lastnight, Utai was fantastic!
I'm sceptical re Lawrence at 6 too, but sheens knows the players strengths and potentials (and desires) better then any of us, so well done to the team and to sheensy, 4 on the trot, now let's put the cows away too


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Humble to half, Polotini to hooker, Marshall 5/8
Spot on Ink,hell Fulton can cover 6,and Ayshford played a bit of 6 in the 20's,but Benji should be our 6 every week,that is the bottom line,Humble,Moltzen,Miller,Chisolm,one of them should be put at 7 and left there,not change every other week.

Sure politoni could have played big mins and sure Fulton could have 'covered' 6, personally I'd rather have someone better than to 'cover' a position, but those options would not have allowed for the impact of Utai, it was a smart ploy by the coach which many won't agree with but what sheens did was much better then the above two ideas. Sheens has a better footy mind than all of US....


Posted using RoarFEED 2012


User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Sat 19 May, 2012 3:41 pm

LOL tigerlogic, it is nice of you to defend your dad, but like always, that win last night was in spite of Sheens.

He is destroying Marshals game...steering him away from his natural born ability to run at the line and bamboozal opponents. He is persisting with turning Rowdy into another Daley, just as he did for years in trying to turn Morris into Cronk.

We won last night because our 2 props worked their butts off and the rest of the pack never let up either. 3 of our tries were due to individual brilliance with only Lotes try remotely resembling a team effort. We were lucky that so many guys played well during the same game. There was very little coaching involved with that win.....merely great individual efforts.

....and using Utai on the bench is hardly a genious masterstroke....many of us have been calling for this for at least a year now.

tigerlogic
Member
Member
Posts: 958
Joined: Sun 26 Jun, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by tigerlogic » Sat 19 May, 2012 4:05 pm

stryker wrote:LOL tigerlogic, it is nice of you to defend your dad, but like always, that win last night was in spite of Sheens.

He is destroying Marshals game...steering him away from his natural born ability to run at the line and bamboozal opponents. He is persisting with turning Rowdy into another Daley, just as he did for years in trying to turn Morris into Cronk.

We won last night because our 2 props worked their butts off and the rest of the pack never let up either. 3 of our tries were due to individual brilliance with only Lotes try remotely resembling a team effort. We were lucky that so many guys played well during the same game. There was very little coaching involved with that win.....merely great individual efforts.

....and using Utai on the bench is hardly a genious masterstroke....many of us have been calling for this for at least a year now.


Then y r most ppl calling for four forwards on the bench? That u cannot deny! Just because I support sheens with something y be immature as to call sheens my dad, il have u know that there r health problems in my fam ATM so I'd appreciate u not referring to my father


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
tiger4ever
Member
Member
Posts: 1552
Joined: Thu 30 Jul, 2009 1:07 pm
Location: BLACKTOWN

Post by tiger4ever » Sat 19 May, 2012 4:16 pm

stryker wrote:LOL tigerlogic, it is nice of you to defend your dad, but like always, that win last night was in spite of Sheens.

He is destroying Marshals game...steering him away from his natural born ability to run at the line and bamboozal opponents. He is persisting with turning Rowdy into another Daley, just as he did for years in trying to turn Morris into Cronk.

We won last night because our 2 props worked their butts off and the rest of the pack never let up either. 3 of our tries were due to individual brilliance with only Lotes try remotely resembling a team effort. We were lucky that so many guys played well during the same game. There was very little coaching involved with that win.....merely great individual efforts.

....and using Utai on the bench is hardly a genious masterstroke....many of us have been calling for this for at least a year now.

stryker so when we win its the forwards or individual efforts....when we lose its the bench or wrong tactics or team selection.....how dare praise the coach...which way you want it.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29224
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 19 May, 2012 4:19 pm

It was no ploy...unless Lawrence went in with a dodgy hammy

Fair dinkum, some of you really stretch the boundaries

tigerlogic
Member
Member
Posts: 958
Joined: Sun 26 Jun, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by tigerlogic » Sat 19 May, 2012 4:24 pm

innsaneink wrote:It was no ploy...unless Lawrence went in with a dodgy hammy

Fair dinkum, some of you really stretch the boundaries
Agreed... And I'm noticing ur on top of the list!
Whether we win or lose sheens gets bagged, this forum makes ppl on here look clueless, the coach surely deserves some of the credit, just because he picks teams that others disagree with that doesn't make him a moron, he's more qualified then anyone on this forum and anyone who thinks otherwise is dreaming, nobody here knows the players as well as the coach!


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

tigerlogic
Member
Member
Posts: 958
Joined: Sun 26 Jun, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by tigerlogic » Sat 19 May, 2012 4:27 pm

[quote="stryker"]LOL tigerlogic, it is nice of you to defend your dad, but like always, that win last night was in spite of Sheens.

He is destroying Marshals game...steering him away from his natural born ability to run at the line and bamboozal opponents. He is persisting with turning Rowdy into another Daley, just as he did for years in trying to turn Morris into Cronk.


Sheens gave Marshall the chance to go back to 6 second half but it's been quoted today that benji wanted to stay at 7, I benji can see the logic in it y can't you??? Not having a go but if the individual players r willing y aren't the fans


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29224
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 19 May, 2012 4:36 pm

tigerlogic wrote:
innsaneink wrote:It was no ploy...unless Lawrence went in with a dodgy hammy

Fair dinkum, some of you really stretch the boundaries
Agreed... And I'm noticing ur on top of the list!
Whether we win or lose sheens gets bagged, this forum makes ppl on here look clueless, the coach surely deserves some of the credit, just because he picks teams that others disagree with that doesn't make him a moron, he's more qualified then anyone on this forum and anyone who thinks otherwise is dreaming, nobody here knows the players as well as the coach!


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Clueless??
Describing an interchange replacement due to an injury as a coaching ploy...yes, thats clueless

It seems you need to create things that are praiseworthy....go for it.

User avatar
bonstonker
Member
Member
Posts: 1420
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 2:14 am
Location: Louisiana,usa

Post by bonstonker » Sat 19 May, 2012 4:37 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:Utai works because you can utilise him as a third prop.

The bench selection was still poor and relied on Woods and KG to play huge minutes.
so what was the problem with the bench then.

if utai can be used as another prop like you say,plus we had cashy and bmm who can play prop and backrow, what is the problem.

surely not the hooker.

tigerlogic
Member
Member
Posts: 958
Joined: Sun 26 Jun, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by tigerlogic » Sat 19 May, 2012 4:45 pm

Clueless??
Describing an interchange replacement due to an injury as a coaching ploy...yes, thats clueless

It seems you need to create things that are praiseworthy....go for it.[/quote]


Utai was picked as part of sheens plan/strategy for the night! So yes a ploy! U and others just speak about sheens as though u could do better, it's one thing to disagree with the coach but the constant bagging and the zero credit he gets is both unwarranted and boring..
U don't seem to understand that sheens knows more than u me and everyone on here, only one person has ever won more comps then him, he does a great job with our team, players love playing for him (ask tiger99) so I don't understand y I can't praise him ink???
I'm not making up anything to praise him, u think he doesn't work as hard or harder than the players for a win??? Please! Give credit when it's due! When we lose it's sheens fault (in the eyes of many here) and when we win it's the players in spite of sheens! It's ridiculous, if he cops the losses he deserves the wins


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29224
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 19 May, 2012 4:51 pm

You were talking before as if it were all planned, that there was no other scenario for Lawrence going down, Utai on the bench was a smart ploy.
It's smart, because if sheens never carried a winger on the bench (as most ppl on here criticise) when Lawrence couldn't play what would have happend? If junior moors or another prop (as many ppl here wish for) was on the bench and not Utai we lose lastnight, Utai was fantastic!


There were many other options available.....but you are talking as if it were a masterstroke, it wasnt.
Utai's back from injury.
Im not bagging sheens here despit what you think, Im putting your description of what happened into a realistic context.

tigerlogic
Member
Member
Posts: 958
Joined: Sun 26 Jun, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by tigerlogic » Sat 19 May, 2012 5:00 pm

innsaneink wrote:You were talking before as if it were all planned, that there was no other scenario for Lawrence going down, Utai on the bench was a smart ploy.
It's smart, because if sheens never carried a winger on the bench (as most ppl on here criticise) when Lawrence couldn't play what would have happend? If junior moors or another prop (as many ppl here wish for) was on the bench and not Utai we lose lastnight, Utai was fantastic!


There were many other options available.....but you are talking as if it were a masterstroke, it wasnt.
Utai's back from injury.
Im not bagging sheens here despit what you think, Im putting your description of what happened into a realistic context.
Ink I'm just saying that the options sheens have himself by having a winger on the bench were better options than politoni playing big mins on debut v huge warriors, or Fulton to 6, by having a winger on the bench gave us very strong back up..
Not saying master stroke but certainly justifies the logic of him doing it, it doesn't lose us games sheens doing it but I feel it certainly won us a game by doing it!


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Sat 19 May, 2012 5:06 pm

Tiger logic, first off I appologise for the dad comment...it was a stupid throw away line with no malice intended.

Second, Sheens is far more qualified than all of us here...that is not disputed. But fair dinkum, the way he mucks around with the starting sides is ridiculous. What was the game plan last night? We looked unorganised and quite frankly rudderless in that first half.

It took an individual effort from Beau (with nothing at all happening at the time), to score our first try. This sparked Marshal and he set up the second in vintage style. Utai's try was scored because he is 5 foot tall and built like a bulldozer. Moltzens try was a classic example of what I felt we should have been trying all night. He isolated an inexperienced beefcake center with poor lateral defence and beat him with footwork.

Point being, if there ws a game plan we didnt follow it. It was individual skill and a determined forward pack (who have been great since the Souths game), that won it. Like I said before...Utai is a great benchie for us as he can be used exactly as he was last night - a pair of strong, fresh legs that can get good meters out of our end and score tries. This is something that a lot of us were asking for last year. Much rather that than a utility player like Meaney who sits on the bench for 75 minutes.

As for Marshal....I have no idea why he wants to be first reciever. It is obvious to everyone in RL that he is at his most destructive when at second reciever with space to run.

tigerlogic
Member
Member
Posts: 958
Joined: Sun 26 Jun, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by tigerlogic » Sat 19 May, 2012 5:13 pm

stryker wrote:Tiger logic, first off I appologise for the dad comment...it was a stupid throw away line with no malice intended.

Second, Sheens is far more qualified than all of us here...that is not disputed. But fair dinkum, the way he mucks around with the starting sides is ridiculous. What was the game plan last night? We looked unorganised and quite frankly rudderless in that first half.

It took an individual effort from Beau (with nothing at all happening at the time), to score our first try. This sparked Marshal and he set up the second in vintage style. Utai's try was scored because he is 5 foot tall and built like a bulldozer. Moltzens try was a classic example of what I felt we should have been trying all night. He isolated an inexperienced beefcake center with poor lateral defence and beat him with footwork.

Point being, if there ws a game plan we didnt follow it. It was individual skill and a determined forward pack (who have been great since the Souths game), that won it. Like I said before...Utai is a great benchie for us as he can be used exactly as he was last night - a pair of strong, fresh legs that can get good meters out of our end and score tries. This is something that a lot of us were asking for last year. Much rather that than a utility player like Meaney who sits on the bench for 75 minutes.

As for Marshal....I have no idea why he wants to be first reciever. It is obvious to everyone in RL that he is at his most destructive when at second reciever with space to run.
Appreciate that stryker..
I agree with what ur saying re benji, but in time in confident it will work, but if benji is 7 I'd like to see Moltzen 6, if sheens is playing Marshall 7 from now on that answers where anasta will be next year, in the 6...

I guess I'm just a believer that sheens gets a lot of unwarranted bashing.. When we lose it's his fault (apparently) but hen we win it's due to the players in spite of sheens.. I just think if sheens is going to be bagged for the losses he should get credit for the wins..
Personally it's the players that have made the silly errors to lose and the big plays to win, sheens has picked a team each week that has been CAPABLE of winning..


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Post Reply