Moltzen

ImageImageImage
willow

Re: Moltzen

Post by willow » Sat 19 May, 2012 8:04 pm

Blackandwhite wrote:His a confidence player and hopefully last night will give him the boost he needs to play well on a regular basis.
This I definitely agree with. Moltzen has talent, we've all seen it, but he's just so damn inconsistent and has been shuffled around due to his utility value.

On face value if we look at him purely as a fullback, then Tedesco has him covered IMO, then there's Manaia Rudolph who is carving up in NYC and has only played around 30 games of league in his life, plus there's also Kurtis Rowe, another Australian schoolboy rep who is no slouch at the back;
Moltzen can also play centre, but the Tigers have Lawrence, Reddy and Ayshford
He can play at 6, but we have Benji, plus young Sirro is on the rise, and then there's Benji's younger brother who also has talent and will continue to improve.

In form, there's definitely room in the 17 this season for Moltzen. Next season I think things will be a bit tougher with the return of Tedesco and I daresay Sirro will be in the top squad also.

Moltzen could be the bench utility, but would he settle for this? And as yet we don't know if he'll be re-signed by the Tigers. Last night was a step in the right direction for him, but he needs to improve further and play good consistent football on a weekly basis if he's going to be in Tigers colours next year.

There's still a lot of football to be played this season and I hope Moltzen plays his best football for the remainder of it.

Bismark

Post by Bismark » Sun 20 May, 2012 12:10 am

I'd love to see Moltzen to move to 5/8th, Ryan to fullback and Utai back onto the wing.

It's been mentioned he's a confidence player, and the media hype on every single mistake he's made, whether he's a halfback, whether he was worth retaining etc. would have done a world of damage.

That's all in the past now, no-one really cares about Moltzen media-wise, and he can get confidence from having another run in the halves without being under constant scrutiny.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 20 May, 2012 9:17 am

happy tiger wrote:
Irvine wrote:Yeah he has hit form. A NSW jumper is just around the corner. Tedesco should start looking for a new club.
Surely you jest

If Tedesco isn't first up fullback I will eat my hat
Gee Happy im glad your not a fish .youd be on somebodys plate a long time ago .lol
Yeah Moltzens game is improving ,would love to see him hit the ball back at pace instead of propping and looking for his wingers to pass to ,and get smashed.

hannanr

Post by hannanr » Sun 20 May, 2012 9:23 am

fergiefurr wrote:People have such low expectations of Moltzen that basically if he goes through a game not making a mistake and generally staying out of the back line and attack (therefore not stuffing plays up) then he is considered to have a good game.

So True

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 20 May, 2012 10:12 am

i read Tigers are very close to resigning Moltzen ,will be announced soon. Also was said that it is highly unlickley that Tigers are gonna sign Tuquiri, it said if Tuquiri had expectations of being re-signed to expect a massive pay cut , they mentioned about him being on the sidelines for 18 months. Its time to look after our juniors...
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 20 May, 2012 10:47 am

foreveratiger wrote:i read Tigers are very close to resigning Moltzen ,will be announced soon. Also was said that it is highly unlickley that Tigers are gonna sign Tuquiri, it said if Tuquiri had expectations of being re-signed to expect a massive pay cut , they mentioned about him being on the sidelines for 18 months. Its time to look after our juniors...
Where did you read this?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 20 May, 2012 10:57 am

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Irvine wrote:Yeah he has hit form. A NSW jumper is just around the corner. Tedesco should start looking for a new club.
Surely you jest

If Tedesco isn't first up fullback I will eat my hat
Gee Happy im glad your not a fish .youd be on somebodys plate a long time ago .lol
Yeah Moltzens game is improving ,would love to see him hit the ball back at pace instead of propping and looking for his wingers to pass to ,and get smashed.
Yeah I did realize he was using SARCASM Was trying to make a point to the Moltzen lovers

He was so badly out of position for the first bomb he let bounce after running after it at full tilt for 25 metres in the first half it was ridiculous
Flash is totally right
He has confidence issues and when it going to count the most he will make a huge blunder The more pressure that is applied the more issues he will have

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Sun 20 May, 2012 3:11 pm

I think it's fair to say he was equally as bad as what he was good. He let bombs bounce and that kick that led to the warriors try was just awful. But the 50m run from the in goal and the winning try was good.
It's rocks and diamonds with Moltzen and more often than not its rocks. We've got better talent coming through the 20s who will attack the ball.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

spearby

Post by spearby » Sun 20 May, 2012 4:15 pm

jason1976 wrote:If only he could learn to catch the ball instead of letting it bounce...

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
sorry mate he could'nt catch a cold . i was his biggest fan but holy hell at f/b you have to catch the bloody ball on the full

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 20 May, 2012 5:06 pm

willow wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:i read Tigers are very close to resigning Moltzen ,will be announced soon. Also was said that it is highly unlickley that Tigers are gonna sign Tuquiri, it said if Tuquiri had expectations of being re-signed to expect a massive pay cut , they mentioned about him being on the sidelines for 18 months. Its time to look after our juniors...
Where did you read this?
it was a small column in the league lift out ,last friday in the daily telegraph
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sun 20 May, 2012 7:01 pm

yeah he has improved so much , do u think the dragons would consider taking him now, thats how much i like watching him. if he was not benji best mate do u really think he would be in 1st grade.

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 20 May, 2012 7:14 pm

bp tiger wrote:yeah he has improved so much , do u think the dragons would consider taking him now, thats how much i like watching him. if he was not benji best mate do u really think he would be in 1st grade.
I bet plenty of clubs would chase him. He has ability.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 21 May, 2012 11:31 am

As my mate said on Friday night when Moltzen crossed - "net gain of zero tries".

Kid does some outstanding things combined with some really poor ones. Reminds me of watching Joel Caine at times.

Hard part is I still feel like Moltzen's form drops when he is under solid pressure. It's no wonder teams bomb the crap out of him and plays like where Vatuvei flattened him in the bungled 2nd man play.

On the other hand, I feel his kick returns are much improved, something more akin to the purple patch he had late last year.

The Tooth

Post by The Tooth » Mon 21 May, 2012 11:45 am

I still think he'd be best in the halves and ultimately at 5/8th. With Benji looking to be locked in at 7 I'd like to see Moltzen given another go but agree we need his pace and support play from the back. Lawrence might be the only one to match that at 1.
All in all I hope sirro gets a run at 6.

rossop

Post by rossop » Mon 21 May, 2012 1:18 pm

The Tooth wrote:I still think he'd be best in the halves and ultimately at 5/8th. With Benji looking to be locked in at 7 I'd like to see Moltzen given another go but agree we need his pace and support play from the back. Lawrence might be the only one to match that at 1.
All in all I hope sirro gets a run at 6.
I like him in the halves as well.

tigerkaz

Post by tigerkaz » Mon 21 May, 2012 1:52 pm

I would like to see him there too. I'm one of those Moltzen lovers that happytiger spoke of, and i would re-sign him tomorrow, no TODAY.

rossop

Post by rossop » Mon 21 May, 2012 4:34 pm

tigerkaz wrote:I would like to see him there too. I'm one of those Moltzen lovers that happytiger spoke of, and i would re-sign him tomorrow, no TODAY.
Me too!

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 21 May, 2012 4:55 pm

jirskyr wrote:As my mate said on Friday night when Moltzen crossed - "net gain of zero tries".
Kid does some outstanding things combined with some really poor ones. Reminds me of watching Joel Caine at times.

Hard part is I still feel like Moltzen's form drops when he is under solid pressure. It's no wonder teams bomb the crap out of him and plays like where Vatuvei flattened him in the bungled 2nd man play.

On the other hand, I feel his kick returns are much improved, something more akin to the purple patch he had late last year.
Did he say the same thing about Ryan?