Joel Reddy

ImageImageImage
Rambo2714

Joel Reddy

Post by Rambo2714 » Sun 20 May, 2012 1:21 pm

His work with ball in hand is good , can't say the same for his defense

His shoulder grabbing ( and missing, before hurrel scored ) effort on hurrel in the 79th minute was disappointing to say he least ...

Has anyone else watched him closely and developed an opinion on his ability and performers to date ?

IMO , he is playing the same football which resulted in Parramatta letting him go .

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Wests for life !

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 20 May, 2012 1:25 pm

Rambo2714 wrote:His work with ball in hand is good , can't say the same for his defense

His shoulder grabbing ( and missing, before hurrel scored ) effort on hurrel in the 79th minute was disappointing to say he least ...

Has anyone else watched him closely and developed an opinion on his ability and performers to date ?

IMO , he is playing the same football which resulted in Parramatta letting him go .

Reddy had a long way to run to cover for Lote who was in the MIDDLE of the park!!!! WTF???

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 20 May, 2012 1:37 pm

Rambo2714 wrote:His work with ball in hand is good , can't say the same for his defense

This is the same Reddy, who smacked into Glen fishiatis knee at full speed in the first half, and probably wasn't the same since?

He's been solid as all hell all year, and many other greater players will miss tackles on Konrad Hurrell during his football career, I can assure you of that,

cochise

Post by cochise » Sun 20 May, 2012 1:38 pm

magpiecol wrote:

Reddy had a long way to run to cover for Lote who was in the MIDDLE of the park!!!! WTF???
You do realise that the try was scored of a kickoff and the team does not have a set defensive line in that situation causing players to be out of their traditional positions when the kicking team regathers

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 20 May, 2012 1:46 pm

It was a disappointing effort at tackling but the whole team just panicked. Even though it was obvious the Warriors would kick short and then pass the ball, nobody moved up on the other side of the field. Liam Fulton sprinted into the middle and then had to sprint back to cover out wide. The whole team and the coaching staff need to be better prepared for these situations.

But back to Joel... Despite the fact the try came from a kick off and the defensive lines were in ruins, the actual tackle was weak especially given it was needed to stop a try. The mitigating factors don't give you a pass to make an ineffectual tackle. We've had a few of those in the final minute this year where it seemed the opposition player wanted it more than our guy.

That aside I think Reddy has been pretty good since he came into the team.

rossop

Post by rossop » Sun 20 May, 2012 2:27 pm

IMO , he is playing the same football which resulted in Parramatta letting Posted using RoarFEED 2012
x2..I would not like to tackle Hurrel myself but it was a really poor attempt.

cochise

Post by cochise » Sun 20 May, 2012 4:34 pm

I was actually speaking about the criticism of Lote being out of position, sorry to confuse. The attempted tackle by Reddy was very ordinary.

He has been better for us than I was expecting.

BobSacamano

Post by BobSacamano » Sun 20 May, 2012 8:31 pm

rossop wrote:

IMO , he is playing the same football which resulted in Parramatta letting Posted using RoarFEED 2012
x2..I would not like to tackle Hurrel myself but it was a really poor attempt.

Gents, long time follower of the forum, first time poster. Thought this would be a good time to chime in after a gutsy win at Leichhardt that I observed from the front Row of the Robinson stand. I've seen two posts from the this game regarding the last try, one bashing Lote and the other Reddy. As far as im concerned that last try was a freak and the boys might well have already been in the sheds celebrating. Defence was scrambling and you cant blame anybody. Have you see what other players Hurrell has shrugged off this year?? The haters on here are seriously clutching at straws. Reddy is solid
Last edited by BobSacamano on Sun 20 May, 2012 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJZ

Post by DJZ » Sun 20 May, 2012 8:38 pm

That last try was all ass and hurell is a freak he is massive and he can move. Like utai hard to tackle!

Reddy is a great plater and I am a big fan now.... He a asset to the tigers. Rate him highly.

GoldXR50Leroy

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Sun 20 May, 2012 8:49 pm

cochise wrote:I was actually speaking about the criticism of Lote being out of position, sorry to confuse. The attempted tackle by Reddy was very ordinary.

I sort have got the idea that the idea of this thread is that last try to the Warriors!!!
The Sheep Shaggers pulled off a great play but unfortunately they 'were' NEVER in a position to win the game, Joel Reddy has been sensational all year & while I'm a little critical of Lote if he continues to score 1 or 2 tries as opposed to the customary try he will allow to be scored down his side when out of position, then I'm a happy Tigers fan.

cochise

Post by cochise » Sun 20 May, 2012 8:59 pm

GoldXR50Leroy wrote:
cochise wrote:I was actually speaking about the criticism of Lote being out of position, sorry to confuse. The attempted tackle by Reddy was very ordinary.

I sort have got the idea that the idea of this thread is that last try to the Warriors!!!
The Sheep Shaggers pulled off a great play but unfortunately they 'were' NEVER in a position to win the game, Joel Reddy has been sensational all year & while I'm a little critical of Lote if he continues to score 1 or 2 tries as opposed to the customary try he will allow to be scored down his side when out of position, then I'm a happy Tigers fan.
I too have been very happy with Reddy, that one tackle though was an ordinary attempt. He has been very strong for us and has forced his way into the centres, which at the start of the year I didnt think her would be a chance of doing

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Sun 20 May, 2012 9:02 pm

Lol at parra they lose 2 gun superstars joel reddy and tom humble that was useless they didnt re sign them oh well there tigers players now im glad they are go u tigers.

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Sun 20 May, 2012 9:05 pm

excellent player , few more games to blend in , same for blair , bells been great , humble good to

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Sun 20 May, 2012 9:09 pm

The thing thats gud about joel reddy he chases bombs thats what we need he will get trys out of it this year hopefully.

jason1976

Post by jason1976 » Sun 20 May, 2012 9:14 pm

It's hard to stomach any Parra rejects in a Tiger's jumper. Hopefully we get back to full strength soon as I think they'll struggle to even get s look in then.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 20 May, 2012 9:19 pm

When we are full strength with a fully functioning back line I think Reddy will make the perfect bench player

Stripes96
Location: Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most

Post by Stripes96 » Sun 20 May, 2012 9:26 pm

happy tiger wrote:When we are full strength with a fully functioning back line I think Reddy will make the perfect bench player
I agree, as surely Shifty is not dumb enough to persist with Rowdy in the 6, and Ayshford is finally getting some kind of form back, Reddy may find himself in the 14 jumper. Whether Sheens will drop Utai, Lote or sacrifice a forward to keep them both in the side is anyone's guess, however...

GoldXR50Leroy

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Sun 20 May, 2012 9:27 pm

jason1976 wrote:It's hard to stomach any Parra rejects in a Tiger's jumper. Hopefully we get back to full strength soon as I think they'll struggle to even get s look in then.

Crikey, you must have a very short term memory, the resurgence of the the Tigers came on the back of Parra rejects, in fact 2 of them should be still running around for the Wests Tigers but they are currently starring in the ESL, by the way, both of them were part of the 2005 NRL Premiership!.