Vossy

ImageImageImage
FootyJimmy

Re: Vossy

Post by FootyJimmy » Sun 10 Jun, 2012 11:45 pm

Vossy is my favorite. Sad to see him getting phased out.

It's been announced that Sterlo will move up to be the play-by-play caller when Rabs and Hadley go to the Olympics.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 11 Jun, 2012 1:10 am

I reckon the best caller out of the lot of em on Channel 9 is Tim Gilbert. He called a game last yr on a Friday night and i thought he was flawless

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 11 Jun, 2012 1:24 am

Still would love to hear David Morrow be given a TV gig at Channel 9

Easily the best caller in Rugby League

redemption

Post by redemption » Mon 11 Jun, 2012 1:30 am

Ray Hadley is like listening to nails on a chalkboard!

Ray Warren is like listening to an 80 year old Parra supporter reminisce about the 80s - and then the 90s when he started earning again!!

All the Foxsports commentators (since David Tapp fortuitously left) sound just like Vossy or Warren Smith as they all go through the same voice training!

David "the Dragon" Morrow still sounds like the work experience kid trying to suck up to & garner favour with their overseer (aka the Wok) - and that is after 30+ years!

alex

Post by alex » Mon 11 Jun, 2012 1:53 am

Morrow & Ryan are the best callers in the game. Would hate to see either of them be ruined by channel 9.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 11 Jun, 2012 2:26 am

Morrow and Ryan put me to sleep. They don't seem to realize that they are on the radio, hence their lack of play-by-play calling. And then when the Wok is giving his insight he takes an entire set of six instead of being short and sharp like any other co-commentator. Doesn't help your audience when you take two mins to give your analysis when they can't see whats going on. But in saying all that the Wok is still one of the sharpest minds in Rugby League. He just has a boring disposition

900large

Post by 900large » Mon 11 Jun, 2012 2:32 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Morrow and Ryan put me to sleep. They don't seem to realize that they are on the radio, hence their lack of play-by-play calling. And then when the Wok is giving his insight he takes an entire set of six instead of being short and sharp like any other co-commentator. Doesn't help your audience when you take two mins to give your analysis when they can't see whats going on. But in saying all that the Wok is still one of the sharpest minds in Rugby League. He just has a boring disposition
You should try playing for him!

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Mon 11 Jun, 2012 7:04 am

Morrow and Wok get too bogged down in something that's happened five minutes ago instead of keeping up with the play. Morrow is biased towards St.George when he calls their games.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Mon 11 Jun, 2012 7:47 am

Voss = Tool
Rabs = well passed it, and a tool

The good thing about going to the game is you don't have to listen to any of them, just the sounds of the game. You don't get 'swayed ' by anyones opinion then.

I used to like on Fox when you could turn up sound at the ground and turn off commentators. Don't have fox anymore so I don't know if they still have it.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

rossop

Post by rossop » Mon 11 Jun, 2012 8:47 am

I like Voss. He comes out with some Good Ones. Hadley is a major bore. A dogmatic motor mouth of the highest order. As for Sterling, he may be ok. He loves to take over the call when Warren pauses. However, a great player does not a great commentator make. Just look at Daley & Fittler!

tigerlogic

Post by tigerlogic » Mon 11 Jun, 2012 9:02 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:I reckon the best caller out of the lot of em on Channel 9 is Tim Gilbert. He called a game last yr on a Friday night and i thought he was flawless
That call was absolutely appalling! I trust ur being sarcastic