Crowd

ImageImageImage
1/4 chicken,chips
Member
Member
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sat 30 Jul, 2011 10:28 am

Re: Crowd

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 9:03 pm

innsaneink wrote:Great crowd

Yet the same ol same ol BS about them...today of all days, some people should be ashamed of themselves
Very well said Ink
When are we all going to get over the crap and follow our great club as ONE


1/4 chicken,chips
Member
Member
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sat 30 Jul, 2011 10:28 am

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 9:06 pm

happy tiger wrote:I suppose its hard to know who to react after a minutes silence , but I was hoping for a massive "Tigers " chant to start the game

Maybe help the boys switch back on

If only hindsight was 20/20 vision
wOULD NOT HAVE MATTERED HOW LOUD THE CROWD CHEERED
Seeing benji sobbing told me what i already knew .This is a very close bunch of players and they were never going to get themselves up for this game after such a huge loss.

whoneedstherapy
Member
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 11:11 am

Post by whoneedstherapy » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 11:11 pm

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
happy tiger wrote:I suppose its hard to know who to react after a minutes silence , but I was hoping for a massive "Tigers " chant to start the game

Maybe help the boys switch back on

If only hindsight was 20/20 vision
wOULD NOT HAVE MATTERED HOW LOUD THE CROWD CHEERED
Seeing benji sobbing told me what i already knew .This is a very close bunch of players and they were never going to get themselves up for this game after such a huge loss.
The wife and i saw that as well.

Good turn out as always considering sundays at leichhardt are an institution. There was a fair few roosters fans there as well....

Gary Bakerloo
Member
Member
Posts: 2463
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 8:08 am

swisstiger wrote:There's always next week... The exit from the bandwagon is that way btw.


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Thanks, clearly you know the exit along with many others yesterday who were leaving with 20 minutes left.

A player loses a parent and we lose the match, yet others obviously went home yesterday with glee because Leichhardt got a decent crowd against a tradtional rival.

Really, who cares if the crowd was decent.

tigerbenji
Member
Member
Posts: 2325
Joined: Thu 03 Mar, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by tigerbenji » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 8:19 am

Yes great crowd & we lost, have never felt so sorry for Robbie & the boys especially Benji, really showed they are a close family & its only a game of footie. P.S Love those Tigers.


User avatar
Juro
Member
Member
Posts: 2680
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:15 am

Post by Juro » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 8:53 am

I'm glad that the crowd showed the minute's silence some respect. It is disgusting when some idiot decides to yell out something halfway through.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9454
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 9:27 am

Juro wrote:I'm glad that the crowd showed the minute's silence some respect. It is disgusting when some idiot decides to yell out something halfway through.

I think every potential moron knew exactly how badly it would have ended for them if they had done that
Image

User avatar
Kul
Member
Member
Posts: 5918
Joined: Sat 04 Jul, 2009 12:24 am
Location: London

Post by Kul » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 10:30 am

@ the people who have made the incorrect assumption that my post was a dig: get over yourselves.

The OP was not a dig at anything. It was a expression of pride at how we still pack out Leichhardt, and oh how wonderful it was! Even after we lost, the walk home was great!

I feel sorry for those who had to somehow link it to Robbie or Campbelltown. FFS, way to ruin what was supposed to be a great thread celebrating how far we've come since the dark days
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 10:59 am

Knuckles wrote:Yep great crowd today ... Why did the new blue seats not get fully occupied ?
Did they charge extra to sit there ?
Silver member seating only.

As a silver member who sits in those bays, the changes they have made to the seating there have been very welcomed. Much improved.

Good to see the security staff policing it too, so many people with GA tickets tried to sit in those bays but were removed almost immediately. Kept happening over and over again.

At previous games this was not policed properly.

User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 5323
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Post by underdog » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 11:21 am

20K at Leichhardt seemed like an impossibility during the late 90's. It brings a tear to my One Black/White and Gold Eye.

Its fantastic to see so many fans there - Picture perfect.
Image

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3569
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Eddie » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 11:38 am

I thought crowds were meant to be down during Origin right?

Not at Leichhardt it seems.

Skando&Hodgo
Member
Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri 17 Feb, 2012 12:20 am

Post by Skando&Hodgo » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 11:53 am

I loved the atmosphere yesterday and have enjoyed some wonderful times at Leichhardt Oval since 2000. But the time has come to part with the old girl. The facilities just aren't good enough for a strong and successful club like ours. A 30,000 purpose built stadium needs to be built - the location I'm not sure of.

The way people were jammed in yesterday, sitting on stairs, standing on walkways blocking people's view, the lack of decent toilets on the hillside, parking, lack of size I could go on. A tough decision needs to be made in order for our club to go on and flourish. It would also mean we could play the big games/semi finals at our home ground. A bit of a pipe dream but Leichhardt oval is not capable of taking us into the future. Thoughts?


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

tigerbenji
Member
Member
Posts: 2325
Joined: Thu 03 Mar, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by tigerbenji » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 12:12 pm

Where does the money come from? the Government has none, so improvements to the ground are out as well, what you are saying is right but i cant see it happening.

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9454
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 12:13 pm

It is an interesting theory.

However until the day we are drawing 20k across the board it actually lends more to people going for the "Leichhardt experience."

Until we are drawing consistent big crowds it is a non issue
Image

Gary Bakerloo
Member
Member
Posts: 2463
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 12:16 pm

Skando&Hodgo wrote:I loved the atmosphere yesterday and have enjoyed some wonderful times at Leichhardt Oval since 2000. But the time has come to part with the old girl. The facilities just aren't good enough for a strong and successful club like ours. A 30,000 purpose built stadium needs to be built - the location I'm not sure of.

The way people were jammed in yesterday, sitting on stairs, standing on walkways blocking people's view, the lack of decent toilets on the hillside, parking, lack of size I could go on. A tough decision needs to be made in order for our club to go on and flourish. It would also mean we could play the big games/semi finals at our home ground. A bit of a pipe dream but Leichhardt oval is not capable of taking us into the future. Thoughts?
It is not time to part with the ground. We only seem to get 20,000 at Leichhardt when we play on a Sunday afternoon. Night matches only seem to draw low-mid teens. This actually applies to both Leichhardt and Campbelltown.

In saying that, great crowd yesterday, but how many fans did not attend because it was a Sunday afternoon? The match was against a traditional rival so how many more could have attended? Did we turn away 5-10k because it was at Leichhardt? If it was at Homebush or SFS, could we have got 30,000?

User avatar
Centaur
Member
Member
Posts: 1572
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Centaur » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 12:18 pm

Kul wrote:@ the people who have made the incorrect assumption that my post was a dig: get over yourselves.

The OP was not a dig at anything. It was a expression of pride at how we still pack out Leichhardt, and oh how wonderful it was! Even after we lost, the walk home was great!

I feel sorry for those who had to somehow link it to Robbie or Campbelltown. FFS, way to ruin what was supposed to be a great thread celebrating how far we've come since the dark days
Come on now - you carry on like you are a an intelligent individual - and it does not take a rocket scientsit to realise that the OP could easily be construed as a direct reference to Leichhardt being better than Campbelltown.

There a multitude of ways to start a thread about how good the crowd was at Leicchardt and how proud we should be.

Unfortunately, the way you decided was not one of them.

Not fair to try throw a guilt trip on anyone who has been upset by the thread.

User avatar
Kul
Member
Member
Posts: 5918
Joined: Sat 04 Jul, 2009 12:24 am
Location: London

Post by Kul » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 12:30 pm

@centaur. I accept and acknowledge that it could have been interpreted as such, but as stated, it was not the intention. Regardless, sorry to anyone who was offended.
But how a link can be drawn to Robbie is beyond me... :shock: :shock: :shock:


anyway, on a slightly different topic, i'm surprised that ground officials didn't rope off the landings at the top of the stairs to the hill from the concourse. This area turned into a mud-bath and meant no one sat down there.
A few bollards would have helped
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22409
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 12:59 pm

Kul wrote:@centaur. I accept and acknowledge that it could have been interpreted as such, but as stated, it was not the intention. Regardless, sorry to anyone who was offended.
But how a link can be drawn to Robbie is beyond me... :shock: :shock: :shock:


anyway, on a slightly different topic, i'm surprised that ground officials didn't rope off the landings at the top of the stairs to the hill from the concourse. This area turned into a mud-bath and meant no one sat down there.
A few bollards would have helped
The link to Robbie is pretty easy. You've acknowledged that you're OP could have been interpreted the wrong way, and those people who interpreted it that way thought that given the emotion of yesterday, it wasn't the time or place

Post Reply