Not enough credit to the Roosters

ImageImageImage
Demonborger

Re: Not enough credit to the Roosters

Post by Demonborger » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 1:03 am

Roosters are definitely building for something, wouldn't be surprised if they win the comp in 3 years time, very young side

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 1:46 am

their young forwards are really something.. guerra, cordner, aubusson, masoe, kennedy etc. if they keep these guys, they will get a premiership some time soon.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Bismark

Post by Bismark » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 3:13 am

They're a really weird side. I mean, today they looked like world beaters, and yet they were equal with Newcastle before this game. Last week Brian Smith had fans banging on his coach's box demanding more from his players. Go to their forums and you can see the frustration their fans are experiencing this season.

I think they could do with a new coach to be honest. Brian Smith is BRILLIANT at cleaning up a club and giving youngsters a go, but he has lost 5 or 6 grand finals (yet to win one) and his teams do seem to have lapses in concentration. A good coach could transform that squad into anything.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 8:17 am

innsaneink wrote:They like Leichhardt oval...have won 7 of their last 8 there now.
I would also be interested in Brian Smith's record against Wests Tigers. I think he is one coach who has had reasonable success against us. His teams are always huge and look to assert themselves against our pack.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 8:36 am

What's with the love affair with the Roosters?
The refs penalised us out of the game early and we didn't come back(for a variety of reasons).
They had 11 sets to our 3 at one stage in the first half - if that was reversed I'd like to think things might have been very different.
Smith has been whining about the refereeing incessantly and they finally buckled.
We didn't play well - they played ok.
Now can we stop patting them on the back?

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 10:59 am

cktiger wrote: We didn't play well - they played ok.
I see it like that too. I didn't think they were great, most of their trys were the same. We just (understandably) weren't up for it today.

It will be interesting to see where they go from here. They had a lot of things in their favour today and didn't really impress me.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 11:09 am

I watched the second half on replay after I got back from the game; Smithy was doing his nut in the coaches box. Roosters put the sword through us a number of times but never should have let us get within 8.